[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I date someone who is schizophrenic? I'm going on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: big_13.jpg (932KB, 2000x1555px) Image search: [Google]
big_13.jpg
932KB, 2000x1555px
How do I date someone who is schizophrenic?
I'm going on a date in a few days. Nice guy and I won't want to make any blunders.
>>
Depends on comorbidity mental health issues (bipolar? borderline?) and if he is currently having an episode.

--dated a schizophrenic girl
>>
>>17793134
He is currently on meds, no episode as far as I know. Neither borderline or bipolar.
They are still trying to find a more accurate diagnosis, however.
>>
If he trusts you then it will not be a problem. If he is given a reason not to trust you then a downward spin could happen.
>>
I had a gf a long time ago who had schizophrenia. On one particularly long, exhausting weekend she dressed up as a nun and sat in the middle of a circle of knives stuck in the front lawn. She was channeling electrical/spiritual energies. The paramedics needed to transport to psych ward (once again). She had been up for days talking non-stop about every conspiracy theory you can imagine. We broke up pretty soon after that episode. Just couldn't deal anymore. I hear she's doing alright nowadays.
>>
>>17793122
>>17793139
Schizophrenia is not fun, OP. My brother struggles with it, he has OK times when he's on his meds and life is treating him relatively well, but the bad times can be really, really bad. It's pretty much impossible for him to hold down jobs, relationships, and friends. I love the guy and I'm not ever gonna turn my back on family, but I sure as hell wouldn't invite this misery into my life if I had a choice. I hope you know what you're getting yourself into.
>>
>>17793172
And I should add to this that some of the worst episodes in his life have been brought on by women he was dating/trying to date. It wasn't even their fault, he just isn't really equipped to handle the emotional highs & lows, doubts and insecurities caused by romance. He kinda went into stalker-mode one time, it got scary, and it was a lot of work to get him back out of that place
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.