[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I delusional or are ugly people really oppressed? Ugly people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

File: Taylor Hill enough.jpg (98KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Taylor Hill enough.jpg
98KB, 600x900px
Am I delusional or are ugly people really oppressed? Ugly people have
>less expressive personalities,
>less friends,
>0% chance of dating or sex,
>no children for that reason
>and generally treated worse than normal
>>
File: 200_s.gif (43KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
43KB, 267x200px
>>17792430

Opressed would imply that role is forced on them. Plenty of ugly ppl live a fun social life by having the right attitude
>>
>>17792430

There are ugly people with kids everywhere, if you just look around. They have sex and kids with other ugly people.
>>
>>17792430
You're delusional.
Plenty of ugly people have great personalities, a good social life, have sex, have kids, and all of that.
They're treated... not as nicely as very attractive people. But not particularly worse than normal.
>>
>>17792445
All good replies, I'm not ugly but I see physical beauty as a social class because I'm dysphoric.
>>
Yes but most people are ugly by choice.

Every time I tell an ugly person this they disagree because they hate themselves for reasons X Y or Z

>Working out, being fit and strong makes anyone better looking
>Being self confident, holding an audience, talking to people with direction etc all make people far more attractive
>Dressing well
>Using cosmetics and makeup well
>Basic hygeine

Yes there are a few outliers with deformities who, even with all those would still be regarded as fairly ugly but they're only limited in society by the length they're willing to go to.
>>
>>17792509
I am a short balding dark skinned manlet with a slight lisp.
>>
>>17792531
Every single one of those things still applies to you and none of those are obstacles to success unless you let them be.

Even with girls, there's a short balding dark skinned girl with a slight lisp out there for you.
>>
File: 1401427584643.jpg (60KB, 755x553px) Image search: [Google]
1401427584643.jpg
60KB, 755x553px
>>17792544
But gilrs always date way above their league.
>>
>>17792552
It is not true. Stop going to /r9k/.

I dated guys hotter and uglier than me, and it was never a big issue.
>>
>>17792554
I always had a thing for the quiet nerd type. Ughhhh if a man can code *moist*
>>
>>17792562
Nice try Daniel
>>
You are absolutely right about how people will treat pretty people nicer. Many will deny this but it's the truth.
>>
>>17792563
Lulz. I do emit grandiose masculinity of the highest order. Glad you have unearthed my virility.
>>
>>17792567
(op here) - yes, and not only that but most things people post on this very board are about their sexual exploits or some sadness over failing to get with a girl/guy you like.

also, a lot of the worlds crimes are over sexual things...

so how do people deny the overwhelming attraction people have to beauty and how they hate ugly things?

maybe that is too much, but I've just been thinking...
>>
>>17792569
No one denied that good looking people are treated a bit better than average, but to say that ugly people are oppressed is absolutely an overstatement.
Of course the hot victoria secret model will get the free drink while you have to pay for it, but does it make you oppressed?
>>
>>17792589
No, not oppressed but rather nonexistent compared to attractive people.
>>
>>17792596
Nonexistent in which terms?
Sure, attractive people have an easier time, but life for average looking or even ugly people isn't so much terrible.
>>
>>17792603
It depends what life is about to you. An ugly person can't do things an attractive person can which certain people would consider fundamental thins (sex, making children and normal social lives and friendships). But they can play video games or do other productive stuff, being ugly just hinders then on the natural social & personality level.

Even on the internet that I use so often I rarely ever see ugly people anywhere, yet in real life I see quite a few unattractive people.

But I already mentioned I am dysphoric (anxious, depressed, deluded, mentally in pain) about this so idk if it is good to trust my observations.
>>
>>17792610
Ugly people can have sex, children and have normal social lives. Plenty of ugly people do it.

You should really get psychological help for your issues. Are you seeing someone?
>>
File: Russia.png (28KB, 308x743px) Image search: [Google]
Russia.png
28KB, 308x743px
>>17792430
This happens only because there are too many males out there, it's not about the sexual revolution or being ugly. In countries where there are more womans than mens (By a high number, for example Russia) noone have problems with getting laid.
>>
>>17792615
No. I am disillusioned about life but I try not to value people over what they look like, it's just always what I notice is important to others.

It's just hard to avoid thinking about and I consider certain ugly people to be equal to crippled people in that neither can live normal lives.
>>
>>17792554
>you

are less than 1% of women. reality is, on those dating apps women go for 20% of men, the rest are fucked.
>>
>>17792662
I doubt that what you're saying is accurate in any way.
Of course if the only thing I know about you is the way you look (for example on apps like tinder) and I have to judge you according to it, there are bigger chances that I will pick a hot dude over an ugly guy.
On the other hand in real life or even on other online dating services when you have a chance of knowing someone's personality before deciding if you'd date them or not, an average or below average looking guy can still get to know a girl and date her.
I'm average looking, my boyfriend is bald and overweight -we met online, started dating 4 years ago and still going strong.

Sure - looks matter. I'd lie if I said that my boyfriend hasn't many physical qualities that I find attractive, or that I find him absolutely ugly. But he's not a "Chad" at all.
>>
>>17792626
Russia's ratio is only skewed like this because of the war.
>>
>>17792430
I don't know what you mean by oppressed, but if you're asking if uglier/below average folks have it harder the answer is yes.

>>17792554
>I dated guys
Why do women say this as if it's supposed to mean something? What exactly is meant by the term "dating" to begin with? Do you get into serious relationships with all these people, do you have sex, or do you just go out once or twice or never talk to them again?

I've been on dates with girls who are bored and just want to talk to guys and get free food, but I haven't seriously "dated" anybody in a very long time.
>>
>>17792679
> even on other online dating services when you have a chance of knowing someone's personality before deciding if you'd date them or not, an average or below average looking guy can still get to know a girl and date her.

No they don't, looks trump everything in all online dating services. OKCupid did an experiment by removing profile pictures for a day and everyone became way more talkative, but as soon as the pictures were back up everyone went back to being picky as hell.
>>
>>17792815
>What exactly is meant by the term "dating" to begin with?
Well, it obviously depends on the person.
When I say dated I usually mean "we went out on 5-10 dates". Not a serious relationship, didn't have sex or anything, but yeah - a short term interest.
After getting to know them I didn't like some sides of their personality and we stopped going out.
I never dated out of boredom or anything, I went out with maybe 4 guys beside the two guys I've seen long term.
>>
>>17792820
I don't know, it wasn't like that in my experience.
I think I always replied to messages that I found interesting, even if the guy wasn't great looking.
Sure, sometimes I replied to some uninteresting messages because I found the dude very physically attractive, but it's not like an average/below average guy wouldn't get a reply from me if I liked his message.
Harder? Yes. Impossible? Not really.
>>
>>17792430
Opressed is way to strong.

Disadvantaged sure, but we all have our disadvantages.

Besides looks isn't an all or nothing game and most people just need to be healther to look better. Sometimes just a wardrobe change and a haircut will make an ugly person look good.
>>
Technically yeah, they are treated more poorly. The thing is that this happens all the time. People are nicer to people who are attractive, to people who are friendly, to people who are young. Women are typically met with more warmth and men with more respect. This is not even touching upon racism and individual prejudice (like "extroverts are obnoxious/braindead" or "introverts are autists").

With stuff like sexism or racism there is typically a conscious thought pattern about these people being inferior in other ways because of their race/gender. These you can tackle. The subconscious preferring of certain people over others, not so much. No one really thinks that someone who's ugly is by definition inferior. Most people find their parents old and ugly, at least entirely unattractive, yet love them to bits. The subconscious lesser enthusiasm can't really be wiped out... it's just how humans are.

Though obviously if you think that ugly people have "0%" of dating or sex, you have some serious selection bias going on. Unless you live in California or something, take a look at couples on the street...
>>
>>17792554
>my experience differs so what you say isn't true!

I ate a sandwich today. World hunger does not exist.
>>
>>17792773
Not true, young Russian men still have exceptionally high chances of dying because of the rampant culture of alcohol abuse and correlated out of control driving.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2014/01/31/proof-of-vodkas-grasp-russian-men-still-dying-young/#1f5c6ce32b2b
>>
>>17792857
I doubt I'm the only girl on earth that ever dated a guy not as attractive as her.
I was pointing out how it is not always true and how it happens sometimes.
>>
>>17792865
The reason for that is money.
>>
>>17792840
>It wasn't like that from my experience
Yeah well I'm not gonna hold it over your head that it's hard for me to meet someone because almost everyone struggles with that.

But I get the impression that most folks I know just want a nice face and body with a personality that isn't terrible. It's very rare that I see women (or men) go for partners based on personality, at least not on personality alone. They all throw themselves at people who they find physically attractive, but then they're open to dating people who are less than physically ideally, with the caveat that the not-so-physically-ideal person has to prove themselves with their "personality". And if they do finally snag someone with average looks but "awesome personality", it's only after they've done their fucking around with the good looking ones first. I know I could probably be better looking if I really tried though, so I guess I shouldn't complain if people don't find me attractive and would only ever date me for my personality. Maybe.
>>
>>17792865
I doubt I'm the only person that ate a sandwich today.

Anyone with a brain knows rare outliers exist for 'rules' like this. Fuck off.
>>
>>17792881
Everyone has a good personality at times, but good looking people are perceived to have better personalities all the time (even when they're not good)

I've never seen anyone date someone less attractive than them unless they had a LOT of money.
>>
>>17792430
It's called natural selection m8. Deal with it.
>>
>>17792848
Very reasonable. We allhave disadvantages
>>
>>17792662
>the rest are fucked
no, only those 20% are fucked lel
>>
>>17792880
>The reason for that is money.
It wasn't like that in my case.

>>17792886
Oh dear.
OP said "girls *always* date above their league", I was pointing out that it isn't the case.
Don't get so bitter.

>>17792881
I mean. I wouldn't date someone I find unattractive, and I guess most people wouldn't. But there are many shades between "I wouldn't touch him with a stick" and "I cannot sit in the same room with him without getting wet".
To me what mattered most was finding someone who was attractive physically to some degree and had a personality that really worked well with mine. I did that, and I am very happy with it in the long run.
I didn't fuck around, I did try to date someone really hot but when it didn't work out on a personality level I stopped seeing them.
>>
>0% chance of dating or sex,
>no children for that reason

We wouldn't have ugly people in this world if those were true, retard.

Just fuck some ugly chick.
>>
>>17792918
>OP said "girls *always* date above their league", I was pointing out that it isn't the case.

But it is. Unless those girls have some sort of disorder, mental or otherwise. Sometimes they're too idiotic to realize they could do better. I've seen women of value with pos ugly men and it's literally because they're too stupid to realize it.
>>
http://hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/140529495929/how-to-be-attractive
>>
>>17792898
Yeah I agree with this a lot, as the person you responded to.

I will say this much: everyone wants to date hotties, not everyone can. People will try to protest, and it happens on this boarad all the time, "oh my boyfriend is kinda short and fat but I love him for his smile and his personality". What this really means is she's dating somebody squarely inside of her league because she's not actually that hot herself. That sounds really mean and nasty of me to say, but I'm not trying to tear down the anons in this thread or anyone else. I'm simply saying that I've never seen a couple where they were completely out of each other's leagues.

Whenever somebody says "my boyfriend/girlfriend isn't the best looking", what they really mean is "they're not a 10/10 model that won the genetic lottery and look like a greek god/goddess straight out of my private wank folder, or like the musicians and other stars I have high-school tier crushes on for their looks alone". Sorry, not everyone is entitled to a stud or babe, and it's only the entitlement and misguided standards on both sides that make people think that they're owed someone who brings everything to the table, while they themselves only bring just a few things to the table.

PS: to the femanon posting I'm not calling you out or implying that's you specifically, it's just a general observation.
>>
>>17792918
>I mean. I wouldn't date someone I find unattractive, and I guess most people wouldn't.
>There are many shades between "I wouldn't touch him with a stick" and "I cannot sit in the same room with him without getting wet".

You are correct but many people, especially people my age (I'm 24) don't see this. Especially those who place a lot of importance on feeling that "initial spark" which is really just a cozy word for "intense physical attraction".

I just want somebody I'm attracted to, but can also be in a relationship with. I think I am too picky for my own fucking good sometimes, and it makes me wonder if I really want a relationship even though I tell people I do. Now you can only imagine I'm not the only one who's ever dealt with this and that people are running around looking for the perfect person who doesn't exist, while simultaneously passing up the good ones right in front of them.
>>
>>17792937
And again, it isn't the case for me.
I do realise I could do better when it comes to the looks, but I've never met someone half as good as my boyfriend when it comes to personality or intellect - he's incredibly smart, witty, hard working, devoted in our relationship. He's compensates all my flaws and loves me the way I am.
Sure - he isn't as good looking as some other dudes who asked me out. But if I have to think of the next 50 years of my life, I'd rather spend them with him than with anyone else.

I don't think I am amazingly looking myself and I don't think I'm entitled to a Calvin Klein model or something. To put it in simple (and shitty) terms, I am a 6.5/10 dating a 4/10. Not completely out of each other leagues or anything.
>>
>>17792937
Girls can get men "above their league" to fuck them, because men aren't as picky when it comes to sleeping around. Getting those men to date them seriously or wife them up would be a whole other matter.
>>
>>17792986
This is true.
Women, nu males and cucks and white knights will deny it though.
>>
>>17792966
I am 23 myself.
I do want to feel the initial spark, but I don't think it's just about the hotness of the body or the face - with my boyfriend, for example, I liked his way of flirting, his voice, the way he moved and smiled. I was very attracted to him, even shallowly, but not because he's amazingly hot. Just him overall.

It's good to be picky, I think. But I don't think relationships are about finding someone perfect as much as someone really compatible. Even someone with pretty bad flaws can be a good partner if their flaws "fit" you.
>>
>>17792969
>I do realize I could do better when it comes to the looks
So why didn't you? Did you feel nervous about going for better looking guys because you know they have options and are less likely to stick around?

I get really skeptical when women talk about their men like this. I'd be the same around men, but I've never known men who have dated women they weren't complexly satisfied with physically. Either men don't care as much, or I'm missing something here. But I've thought for a while now that a relationship doesn't make sense unless the people involved really desire each other, and aren't just "quitting while they're ahead".

Part of the reason I don't date is because I only ever want to date women who are crazy about me, and I realize that it's less likely to happen if I'm not physically my best, among other things. I don't ever want to be with someone who thinks they could do better than me, but didn't because my "personality" was better than the competition, especially if "personality" simply means I do a better job of calming her insecurities than the high-tier men who have a lot of self esteem and want to be with women who also have a lot of self esteem.
>>
>>17793017
>So why didn't you?
Because I didn't like them as much.
I can talk to my boyfriend for 15 hours straight without ever getting bored, he makes me laugh a lot, we never had an argument we didn't solve in 30 minutes. We have a really healthy relationship and he does a lot to keep it like that - he is a great communicator and he treats me better than any other man ever did while not allowing me to ever cross his boundaries. He's really chill and absolutely nice to me, but he has a lot of self respect and knows when to stand up for himself, which is really rare to find.
We just work amazingly together, dating him was probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

>Did you feel nervous about going for better looking guys because you know they have options and are less likely to stick around?
I never had problems making guys stick around.

I do desire him and I am strongly physically attracted to him. I don't want him to change. I am not unhappy with the way he looks or anything (especially now that he is losing weight, I think he looks better every day).
On the other hand, I do also realise I am better looking than him and could probably find someone "hotter" if I wanted. The point is that I really do not want to do so. I am completely happy with him and cannot think of one person who is overall better than him.
>>
File: 1456573649559.png (38KB, 1140x742px) Image search: [Google]
1456573649559.png
38KB, 1140x742px
>>17792857
>>17792865
>>
>>17793074
Whoever made this picture was a god
>>
>>17793054
Fair enough.

And it's true that not every 'hot' person is a good relationship partner, I chalk that up to incompatibility. I think that there's a chance that some of the dudes who asked you out just wanted sex and little more. I could be wrong, but that's been my experience with some women; they just wanna hit and quit like some guys do. That isn't to say they're out of your league (in a way this concept of "leagues" is bullshit), but only that not everyone who's attracted to you actually wants to date you.
>>
>>17792568
Daniel-are you Pegasus?
>>
>>17792986
>Getting those men to date them seriously or wife them up would be a whole other matter.
That's what I was referring to. Obviously fucking is different. That literally means nothing. Thanks for supporting my position.
>>
>>17792986
Dating is what that conversation was about. The word 'date' was used numerous times. Not once was the word 'fuck' used. Are you intentionally diverting the discussion or do you have trouble with words?
>>
>>17792445
A lot of attractive people end up with really vapid, elitist personalities because of the kind of attention they're given.

Those vapid personalities don't just go away. And where they're generally looked down on by anyone above the mental age of an early 20-something.

Why do you think that you see so many of them obsessed with social media, hookup bars, etc? It's because the older you get, the less that kind of person can get by on looks alone. But social media lets you pick and choose who gives you attention from across the world.

Kind pretty people though, hate em and love em.
>>
>>17793017
Here's the thing bucko:

There's always somebody better than you. In whatever arbitrary way you want to measure, it changes from person to person. Circumstance could always put them in the lap of your SO

What matters is not if you're the literal best a person can do. It's if they like you for you enough for """better""" not to matter. Your SO knows that it might be a possibility that they could land a one night stand with that really cute 20 year old guy. But she's mature enough to know that in the long run of things, she'd be fucking over her life. Why? Because she likes -you-, because she wants to be in a long term relationship with -you-. And he can't be you, nor can he give her that. Don't be anything other than fuckbuddies with somebody who's like that. Because in the end, they won't have been anything more than fuckbuddies with you.
>>
>>17793288
I'm sure some of them just wanted to fuck me and sure some others actually wanted to date me and had feelings for me.
Sure, not all of them, that's given.

In general I always had a fairly easy time getting guys because I have a pretty decent and traditionally feminine personality (caring, domestic, motherly) while having pretty niche, male-dominated interests. So even if I am not a 10/10, I always had quite a few guys interested in me because I could both be a perfect wifey and a buddy. And, well, not being obese + having a vagina.
My first boyfriend was much more attractive than me, but we met through our common interests and got along really well.
>>
>>17793492

Interesting, I know a girl who is on the big side but she's really pretty. She always makes videos saying how she's a "bomb ass bitch". What do you think about people like this?

For me, in the one hand it's good to not let people let you down just because you're fat but on the other hand, it can come off as conceited. When I see her vids I'm like, "yea you're pretty but you're not a 10/10". I just leave her alone and see how she does. She seems to only like black /fit/ guys and she does have people ask for her number, weirdly she denies them so I don't know.
>>
>>17793467
Definitely not
>>
>>17792509
And yet oddly enough those few outliers with deformities are more often than not the most entertaining, charismatic, and confident people.
>>
>>17794122
Yet oddly enough, assertions on an anonymous image-board are still meaningless
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.