[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is becoming more serious a matter of love or a business decision?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (145KB, 1431x1409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 1431x1409px
is becoming more serious a matter of love or a business decision?

i have been with my gf for two and a half years. i love her and we are serious and planning to be together for the long haul. she talks about kids often.

I am torn because I have true feelings for her however from a logical standpoint my gf is not an ideal partner. she's poor, she's unskilled, she's uneducated and has no plans to get a college degree, shes not good with money, she doesn't know how to cook, she's obese, she has mental issues and bad genes that make me think twice about having kids with her. i don't mind any of these issues as a gf, however when it comes to being married, kids will be involved and ill need a partner that will pull their own weight instead of being a burden.

what do you do when you love your partner but know it wouldn't be logical to marry/have kids with them?

what do i do /adv/?
>>
>>17792427

On the pro side, she's loyal(the first girl I met that I have never doubted will cheat on me), she's honest and never hides anything, she's sweet, she loves me, she's always there to take care of me, she truly cares about my wellbeing and future, she truly feels I'm her soulmate, she shares and tried her best to build a life with me, she sees a future in us and truly believes in me.

She's got it on the emotional stuff...it's the stuff you check boxes on that she doesn't have
>>
the one on the middle is so thicc hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg
>>
>>17792427

It sounds like you already know the answer yourself. If marriage and kids are important part of your future plans, it's time to look for a better partner.
>>
>>17792439

But it seems so stupid to break up with someone for no real reason. I don't know...I feel I have something good and I don't want to let it go

But I know starting a family with her wouldn't be a great "business" decision
>>
How old are you?

Love isn't everything in a long term relationship. It is important to be with a person who shares the same views on life and has the skills and the willingness to support your family (not necessarily by working, but by being able to take care of herself, you, the kids, the house - which she still hasn't).

Maybe if you really want to stay with her you should have a serious talk with her about improving herself in order to be a functioning adult.
If that doesn't happen, I don't think you should stay with her.
>>
You only know she won't cheat on you because she is disgusting
>>
>>17792450
>for no real reason

>she's poor, she's unskilled, she's uneducated and has no plans to get a college degree, shes not good with money, she doesn't know how to cook, she's obese, she has mental issues and bad genes that make me think twice about having kids with her.

These aren't real reasons?
>>
>>17792427
>she's poor, she's unskilled, she's uneducated and has no plans to get a college degree, shes not good with money, she doesn't know how to cook,

You are a POS

>obese

Yeah nvm
>>
>>17792456
He's stupid. She absolutely will with the first nigger that gives her the time of day.
>>
>>17792427
look at that ass on the right holyshit
>>
you stop lying and stop saying you love them
its okay
you have your own standards for a wife, just leave a find suitable women
or ask if she really is fine with being a burden
>>
>>17792427
Married oldfag reporting in.

There's a lot more to being married than just being in a relationship, and a lot of it is more like business than pleasure. You've got to be prepared to make sacrifices, you've got to be willing to invest long term, and sometimes you've got to tell the other person to sort their shit out.

>she's poor, she's unskilled, she's uneducated and has no plans to get a college degree
These are all related. Not everyone is academically inclined, and forcing someone who isn't that way in to university is a waste of everyone's time and money. There will be plenty of blue collar jobs where she could make good money, the trick would be findong one that interests her. It sounds like you'll have to do the legwork on it - find something that might fit her, do your research, sell it to her like you're signing up a client for a new contract. For people with no prospects it can be really daunting to try and change things, so take the pressure off her. Getting her in to work takes the pressure off you when you're starting your career - I was 35 before I made enough money that my wife could stop work, and if she hadn't have been earning when I was only making £30k a year there's no way I could have paid for everything for both of us and the kids.

>shes not good with money
Take control. Take her bank card off her, pay her bills and give her pocket money if you have to. This will probably right itself in time - for some reason the less money people have, the more stupid decisions they make with it.

>she doesn't know how to cook, she's obese
Teach her, or provide the facilities for her to learn. Help her with a diet, go to the gym with her.

>she has mental issues
Therapy, medication. You might have to put your hand in your pocket, but it'll benifit you just as much as her.

>bad genes
Only you can decide if this is a deal breaker. Protip - no other woman is perfect either, and nor are you.
>>
>>17792572
Here's the litmus test - if you're prepared to do these things, and she's prepared to take it, go ahead and wife her up. If the answer to either of those is "no", then walk.

The other thing to consider is that at some point in the future you are going to fuck up spectacularly, so ask yourself if she'll put up with it and/or take the wheel when you're the one that needs fixing.
>>
>>17792502

Unreal that these girls exist. How old are they? Fucking insane
>>
>>17792454

I am 26

I know that love isn't everything but it's hard to reconcile with feelings you know? She simply doesn't have the skills for the family that I want.

Having kids+her depending on me makes me scared. It's a huge burden and responsibilty. I'm worried her health will turn for the worse and I'll have to take care of her and kids and the house and be the provider

It's a lot of responsibilty
>>
>>17792502
You can tell she has a pretty sizable gut, left girl is objectively the best.
>>
>>17793784
Pleb taste.

Middle girl all the way
>>
>>17792577

She makes empty promises about improving and turning things around but never does

She has health issues which prevent us from going out together and doing physical activities

And she is a compulsive eater which bothers me a lot. Whenever I bring it up she'll get very angry and say "do you really want to start this again with me right now?"

She's 200+ goddamn lbs it's just too much
>>
>>17792427
>she's obese
>>
>>17795035

What about it
>>
This is gonna sound redpill as fuck right now, but if she wasn't fat/poor/etc she probably wouldn't be as emotionally loyal.

This goes for guys are girls, it's harder to be loyal if you are higher on the quality scale.
>>
>>17793743
Honestly OP, move on.
I know you love her and all, but if she doesn't have the skills for the family you want and, more than everything, she isn't willing to acquire those skills, there's no point.
You're wasting your time and her time by staying together.
>>
>girl on the right

Seriously, I don't want to live anymore.
>>
File: marraige.jpg (113KB, 629x941px)
marraige.jpg
113KB, 629x941px
>>17792427

I have a friend who's just like you man

Fucker doesn't see it like you do and she just keeps dragging him down. I'm waiting for the day I see him on the street because she took half his shit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.