/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really dont like how often i post on this board, and im sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 2551694577_cd4c787f4e_b.jpg (497KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
2551694577_cd4c787f4e_b.jpg
497KB, 1024x765px
I really dont like how often i post on this board, and im sure none of you like it either

To make a long story short, for lack of a better term I am a pussy. Today I had to leave work because I had a panic attack because I forgot to take my meds. I was crying in front of a ton of people. My anxiety is a fault on my character and I am fully responsible for being this way.

How do I stop being a pussy?
>>
>>17791305

You're retarded. Go to a doctor and get your mental health squared away.
>>
That picture is really cool. Thanks OP
>>
> Being a pussy for something you can't controll.

You're a retard.
>>
>>17791313
My doctor would only prescribe me more meds. I dont even wanna things related to xanax or benzos because of the addiction risks

>>17791320
Chameleons in general are cool as fuck
>>
>>17791305
Legitimate mental health concerns aren't something that you can just man up and grit your teeth through.

When you have something like a panic or anxiety attack, your hippocampus is nonstop screaming at the rest of your brain that your ass is gonna die if you don't GTFO.

All you can do reasonably on your own are a few mitigative techniques, and learning how to ground yourself through lighter attacks, or as they're only just starting. But doing something like that is difficult with the pressure of work on your back.
>>
>>17791334
Part of me just feels like im faking it, because I am a pussy. I dont throw up or go into shakes because im panicking I just hyperventilate and think everything is my fault when its happening

I dont even like saying i have anxiety because in the chance I dont im just abusing a system and making people make fun of me for being so sensitive
>>
>>17791361
You have an idea of what you should be, and then there's what you are.

Somehow what you are is less real than your idea of what you should be, to you, and so you believe you are faking it? Honestly my man, it sounds like you have yet to come to terms with this, and that you're trying to be in denial about it.

This shit isn't something people just "fake" all the time like it's nothing. And if somebody gets to the point, then they've literally induced a mental illness on themselves through repetitive, neurotic behavior. Don't go to a psychiatrist, go to a shrink, and ask about learning coping techniques and if there is a therapy that can help you instead of(or ideally alongside) medication.
>>
>>17791376
>>17791361
I should add: I'm getting a pretty strong vibe of a lot of the shit people throw around at people with genuine mental health issues. "get over it" "don't be a pussy" "man up"

These things are said by people who literally know jack shit about the way the brain works.lThey don't consider that your feelings and behavior are the result of physiology. Or that this physiology is subject to damage and maladavtive change. They don't consider that some of these changes can be irreversible. And they're totally unwilling to step outside of their own experience in life to consider yours.

Is the opinion of this kind of person, the one that you'd like to project onto yourself?
>>
>>17791305
How do you become immune to disease?
Your body experiences it, fights it, overcomes it, and then is immune.

Your mind is the same.
You have to face your demons.
If you have a panic attack, go to the bathroom, listen to some music that calms you, and then go back

It's about stimulus response. If you have anxiety, your brain sees a stimulus and then overreacts.
Knowing that you overreact doesn't help you because knowing you overreact causes you to overreact to that knowledge.

I'm not saying just "Deal with it"
I'm saying understand yourself. A person with one arm doesn't try to reach out with their missing hand.
They learn to strengthen their other arm and then use their other limb when it can be useful
But they don't learn those skills by avoiding ever needing to need two limbs

You are responsible for who you are. That's a great step to take. Trying to say "Oh it's just how I am" is a wrong way to go.
You are responsible.
But responsibility is another word for control.
You have an animal in your brain running around.
But animals can be tamed.
>>
>>17791421
>You have to face your demons.
>go to the bathroom, listen to some music

that's not facing demons, unless your talking death-metal bands or something
>>
>>17791452
One step at a time
Going back is facing their demons

A full blown anxiety attack is unassailable
Once it's that far, it's too late
You need to back out and regroup

But going back instead of going home is a step forward
>>
>>17791456
overcoming anxiety is about facing your fear
looking it in the eye, and telling it to fuck off
stand on a hill in a storm
and get struck by lightning
a lot of good that did
you no longer fear lightning
because you're dead

if you are afraid of lightning, good
that means you are intelligent enough to
not get killed in thunderstorms
fear is not your enemy
overcoming fear is just stupid.
fear is your friend. embrace it
it has saved your life again and again
but you can't let it cripple you
when your fear whispers, listen
identify the danger, and thank your fear
if your fear screams,
tell it to stop overreacting
>>
>>17791480
Rework that into a Petrachian sonnet and you're onto something, mate

Nice rough rhymes
I didn't scan your meter, but you can rhyme, you can scan

I don't know if you're OP or what not, but poetry does help.
Anxiety can be relieved by expression.
Poetry helps there because poetry can have a rigid structure. Through structure comes order and through order comes predictability and through predictability comes calmness .
>>
>>17791498
somebody who still appreciates masterful poetry
bless you anon
>>
>>17791621
I'm a retard who paid for classes about this shit
I know how to judge poetry

Capitals are useful, by the way
>>
File: someday.jpg (128KB, 633x781px) Image search: [Google]
someday.jpg
128KB, 633x781px
>>17791621
>>
>>17791624
>Capitals are useful, by the way

In Deed
>>
>>17791662
Don't you act snark to me

If you're gonna deconstruct modern spelling and grammar at least be as half effective as EE Cummings
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.