[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop wanting deep emotional connections and transfer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (37KB, 469x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 469x357px
How do I stop wanting deep emotional connections and transfer that desire into just hook ups.

When I want to get with someone of the opposite sex, I find that I always want to have some sort of connection first then ask or start dating. But when I find out they're unavailable or I/her break up I feel at a loss or fairly effected emotionally.

How do I just stop doing that shit and convince myself that non-super-emotionally attached relationships are a better way to go.

Basically how do I go from wanting just emotionally investing relationships to ones that, well, aren't
>>
Why would you want to? Most people can't really have sex without emotional attachment, "hookup culture" is a meme. Most casual arrangements end in heartbreak for at least one person, and most one-night stands are awkward and mutually unsatisfying. Don't try to force yourself to go against your nature, you sound like a normal and well-adjusted person. Don't be discouraged that there's a lot of trial-and-error on the way to finding a good partner, that's normal too
>>
File: yugioh.jpg (12KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
yugioh.jpg
12KB, 407x286px
>>17790809
I'll be honest, and i might just come off as a bitch about it, this all because of today.

i was so certain that this girl at my uni was totally as into me as i was into her. we talked alot and had dinner together, then when i told her how i felt she was nice about it but said she had a bf (idk if hes here or back in her country).

my problem isnt that she did or didnt, my problem is why im do i get so attached to people i want to date even when i tell myself i shouldnt get so invested in the prospect. why do i expect everything to turn into some big thing (not every girl i talk to of course, i mean just prospective people).
>>
please pass the egg salad
>>
>>17790838
To me it doesn't really sound like a problem with your attitude, it sounds like you just need to ask the important questions a little earlier in the game. Know what I mean? If you'd asked if she was single the first time you "hung out," you wouldn't have quite as much time for your imagination to run wild, and the disappointment wouldn't sting quite as much when you find out she's unavailable
>>
>>17790784
I do the same thing, I had a thing going with this girl, we went on ONE date, both confessed we liked each other but she ended up going to her ex and I've felt disproportionately shitty desu

I wish I'd stop falling in love so quickly
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 563x422px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 563x422px
>>17790861
I get what you're saying, but it just fucking sucks more times than it doesn't.

I really haven't felt this way about someone else since my ex whom I was with 3 years, and I felt there was some obvious connection but obviously it didn't pan out.

It's just... A feeling I really don't want to have
>>
>>17790841
/thread
>>
>>17790841
Kek
>>
>>17790784
Bang older married women.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.