[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm less "lost" than most people, but my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Philosophy.jpg (17KB, 454x276px) Image search: [Google]
Philosophy.jpg
17KB, 454x276px
I love philosophy
I'm probably one of the most literal people you may ever meet if you meet me in person.
I have Asperger's Syndrome.
I've dedicated almost all my life to understanding things. Everything I can.
I usually don't go to other people for advice, because the advice I can give myself is more than, or just as much of what anyone else could tell me.
I don't care if I piss off anyone religious or spiritual.
There's no god, there's no heaven, there's no hell, there's no ghosts, there's no "aura'. We make those up to help us contemplate things while at the same time comforting ourselves. Basically forging explanations for things we can't explain in such a way that we feel comfortable with them.
I don't see people as happy, smart, or even dumb "people" anymore. I see them all as animals. Including myself. That's what we are. People aren't "above" other animals.
I see people as tools, or doorways to other people.

I'm emotionless. Well I try to be.
In reality, I have emotion. Lots of it. I just suppress it because what I know now scares me when I feel and I can't go back to believing in a god because it's just irrational.

Seeing everything for what it really is, I want to go back. I want to be stupid and believe in a god and a heaven and be emotional and have relationships. But I can't. I can't explain it right now, I just believe what I believe and I know it's true. I can't just believe something I know isn't true, I've tried.
There's no special place for us after death and now that I know that, I just want to enjoy life. But I'm beginning to feel like I'm too old to relive my dull childhood and make it amazing and memorable like everyone else's.

When the emotions come back, all this makes me so depressed. I'm already past the point of fearing death. Because once we're dead, we just aren't. We are no more. Absence. We can't regret or feel or be sad that we're not alive. And I'm kind of craving that "release" for lack of a better word.
What do I do?
>>
>>17788949
What's you opinion on the beliefs of Camus and Nietzsche?

They seem to solve these issues pretty well
>>
Heal. As above so below nigga. Try to entertain thoughts and ideas without needing to accept them immediately. Jesus said not to take his letter as literal but to understand the meaning. The 12 tribes are the 12 cranial nerves and the temple is not the church but is the head. We're all after joy, understanding and liberation amongst other things so let others do that and do it for yourself. We live after our body's die btw bub.
>>
>>17788949
>I don't see people as happy, smart, or even dumb "people" anymore. I see them all as animals.
Animals can be happy, unhappy and given a definition, it's easy to tell when they are dumb or smart too.

>People aren't "above" other animals.
We're clearly more able to shape our environment for our benefit. Got much better means at sharing and storing information too.

>I see people as tools, or doorways to other people.
Pretty edgy but disconnected from reality.

>what I know now scares me when I feel
Sounds like the typical emotionally weak person. Probably underdeveloped.

> I want to be stupid
You're there already. Or at least very young.

> But I'm beginning to feel like I'm too old to relive my dull childhood and make it amazing and memorable like everyone else's.
So focus on the future. You could start by actually studying philosophy.
>>
>>17789075
>You're there already
referring to me calling myself stupid.
I literally laughed at that. It reminds me of something I told myself yesterday. "If you want to be smart, you have to acknowledge that you're stupid"
I guess we're all stupid. I'm certainly no exception.

>We're clearly more able to shape our environment to our benefit
Not exactly what I meant, but you have a good point. I meant to say "I don't view people as special beings compared other animals"
I guess my way of repeating "we're all animals"

Yeah, I see now that I could have said some things more accurately and better. I kinda rushed this thread.

I'm 18. I realize I'm young, but I feel like I'm getting more and more emotionless.

But I will start studying philosophy more intensely. I did quite a bit of research on some things today and realized I still have a hell of a lot more to learn about it.
>>
>>17789086
> "If you want to be smart, you have to acknowledge that you're stupid"
>realized I still have a hell of a lot more to learn about it.
That's something to repeat for the next six, seven decades but especially for the next five years, where you're going to be stunned over how silly you sounded couple months ago, over and over again.

Reading up about the basic sub-fields of psychology is a good idea too. It's nice and good to leave religious and spiritualistic bullshit like afterlife and soul but you went a bit too deep in the other extreme with the whole "tools and doors" shit.

>I'm getting more and more emotionless.
Most likely a phase and asburgers certainly doesn't help.

Though given how you already admitted to suppress them, go on. What exactly are you scared of?
>>
>>17789118
Sometimes I suppress them because my views don't change, but my emotions come and go and when I'm feeling emotional and whatever, all this crap just makes me depressed. And I see all that as pointless.

Yeah, maybe I did go a little far with the "tools and doors" crap, but sometimes that's legitimately how I see some people. Though I've never really felt the same about anyone I meet in person. I could go into detail about why I see people as tools, but I feel like that'd be pointless.
>>
>>17789133
You didn't tell me you're opinion on Camus and Nietzsche
IM WAITING
>>
>>17789175
Oh fuck, yeah. Sorry
They're great philosophers.
To be honest, I haven't done a whole lot of research on them, however I've done plenty now.
I'm reading about The Rebel (the book Camus wrote) and how he spent most his life opposing nihilism. I guess I'm kind of doing that now.
>>
>>17789184
Try learning about the myth of Sisyphus

That shit helped me cope with existence
>>
File: hole in chest.jpg (164KB, 900x688px) Image search: [Google]
hole in chest.jpg
164KB, 900x688px
>>17789133
Don't you mean drones? I'm a fedora and see most people as unenlightened drones ever since I left the Christian bullshit behind.

You'll get used to it, appreciate it, and take pride in it. You're just seeing where we really are in the world unlike most people; we are fundamentally controlled by "fate" due to our origins, materialism or whatever it is in your jargon. It's natural to want to go back at first, but if you really think it through you'll realize you're better off not going back into Plato's dark cave after seeing the outdoors for the first time.

The part about being too old to relive your childhood...is something you'll mature out of. As you get older you'll forget about your childhood anyway, memories fade and become less important. As someone in his 30s I can promise you your childhood matters less than when you were remembering it in your 20s. You'll naturally start to look forward instead of being caught in the past.
>>
>>17789188
I will, thank you.

>>17789133
I really appreciate the insight. I hate to bloat, but unlike many people I try to take advice from people wiser and older than me.
>>
>>17789133
Well, everything IS pointless but it's not a very practical outlook and doesn't necessary have negative connotations. If everything is pointless, so are all the mistakes you ever made and regrets you ever had. And you have the absolute freedom to assign meaning and purpose to whatever you choose to make the couple years you have to live as enjoyable as possible for you, or even other people. Will it all matter in billions of years after the sun consumes the earth? Fuck no. Why would it need to?

Besides, you're still a biological machine needing a steady supply of serotonin to function. Better to have an enjoyable, pointless life than a depressed, pointless one.

> Though I've never really felt the same about anyone I meet in person.
Well, that's a clear sign that your empathy works just fine and that it's all just a phase.

>>17789191
>drones
>fate
That's not how any of this works.
>>
>>17789214
>Better to have an enjoyable, pointless life than a depressed, pointless one.
I'm going to steal this.
I love talking with people who understand my perspective. I'm not exactly used to it, but I love it.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 200x582px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 200x582px
>>17789224
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheAntiNihilist
>>
>>17789230
Pretty much the way to live life post-skywizard memes.
>>
You're experiencing existential nihlism and a poor result of stoicism.
Stop taking shit so seriously if you "know" that god isn't real and "once you're dead, you're dead see!" because if you really know and believe that, it doesn't matter.

You're not emotionless, you're depressed and you're bottling up negative emotions. Stop doing that, it's stupid.
Embrace meaninglessness. Have a laugh about it. Giggle at the void.
>>
>>17789233
The old people will die soon and the world will be ours to rebuild.
>>
>>17789238
That sounded kind of dark..
>>
>>17789248
>The old people will die soon and the world will be ours to rebuild

With memes
>>
>>17789237
That's also called absurdism, and I think most Atheists feel like laughing and the folly sometimes. Either that, or Nietzsche (maybe Fauvism if you study art history) is probably the most rewarding outlook for viewing the world for Atheists who still want to be realistic; we need to give ourselves something life-giving and exciting once we proclaim "God is dead."
>>
File: Bonheur_Matisse.jpg (248KB, 1088x784px) Image search: [Google]
Bonheur_Matisse.jpg
248KB, 1088x784px
>>17789255
>Forgot my pic
>>
This thread turned out so much better than I expected
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.