[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey anons, how do you deal with loneliness? I'm not talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0374.jpg (57KB, 980x457px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0374.jpg
57KB, 980x457px
Hey anons, how do you deal with loneliness?

I'm not talking crippling depression loneliness. I have ways of countering my own anxiety there. I'm on college campus right now and as of 15 minutes ago I'm the last guy in a 9 person "apartment" who hasn't left for thanksgiving. I generally like my privacy, but I get this overall creepy, sad, out of place feeling knowing my friends and roommates aren't around. The unusual quiet of it all, you know?

Maybe I don't need advice. Maybe I just need someone to talk to. I'm not sure. How's your evening, /adv/?
>>
File: dvq8uUH.jpg (103KB, 906x813px) Image search: [Google]
dvq8uUH.jpg
103KB, 906x813px
>>17787897
>lonely because muh friends arent around

#normie problems

Throw yourself out of a window
>>
>>17787897
>but I get this overall creepy, sad, out of place feeling knowing my friends and roommates aren't around. The unusual quiet of it all, you know?
I love that feeling, there's nothing better than being the last person at an event or place. You feel like everyone has moved past you and you're all alone but somehow it's quite cathartic.
>>
My evenings going well, OP.

I get what you're feeling, man. I'm an international student, so I never get the chance to go back home when most everyone else can.

I kinda use the time to do constructive things. I like to write comics, fix earlier works, get ahead on some final paper, watch movies or read comics I've been meaning to get to for a while, maybe go walk around campus and hit the places that are normally super busy. Generally, my experience is that the loneliness comes before the event and when the dreaded lonely time is here, I figure something or the other to do (that is if I'm not feeling clinically depressed at the time).

Any movies, TV shows, etc you've been meaning to check out?
>>
>>17787897
>15 minutes ago

Eh, just do stuff. You'll get used to the quiet. Maybe listen to music or podcasts or something.
>>
>>17787921
Yeah I love this feeling too. I think there's a word kenopsia which sums it up nicely. It isn't necessarily a sorrow always, but it's more than often a really enlightening feeling.
>>
>>17787935
>kenopsia
Well it seems to be framed in negative way but yeah aside from that it's perfect. The feeling of excessive emptiness you'll find in an otherwise busy place, like the quiet you get when you turn off all the noisy shit in your room.
>>
I just watch some mindless tv like Friends or Seinfeld when I feel like that and talk to people on Omegle. Kinda helps.

It's not evening where I am but I just had work and have to go back in 2 hours fuck. I'm really tired and don't want to but at least I have tomorrow off. When I get home again I'm gonna have a shower and paint my nails and do laundry which SOUNDS very boring but I'm actually really excited because I haven't had any alone-time in ages.

What do you study at college?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.