[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup. I know this girl and her dad. He's a pretty hard working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: dad-scolding-daughter.jpg (10KB, 400x259px) Image search: [Google]
dad-scolding-daughter.jpg
10KB, 400x259px
Sup.

I know this girl and her dad. He's a pretty hard working man so he almost doesn't get any rest. He has this kind of personality where he loves to tell people what to do and asks too much of himself. Sometimes I have to yell at him so he stops blaming himself for not doing a perfect job at a specific time when it's not strictly necessary.

Then there's me, a little bit more carefree and perhaps a bit too calm / slow, I'm not too much into discussions and I had an awful past with people so I often don't understand how to react to specific situations.

Then there's his daughter which is not as strict. She's 20 and having some trouble with her studies. She keeps failing a bit but she doesn't give up. As she doesn't take the same approach and wants some time for herself, he keeps scolding her all the time. There's a party she wanted to invite me to but apparently she's doing not good enough that she can have it. Her dad stepped in to pretty much hammer the idea into her head that she has to spend every single bit of time she has to work hard and study without questions.

Now I understand a few things:

1. I can't fully grasp how the relationship between both of em is so I can't have a say.

2. Having said that, my reaction is not to even say a word when they're fighting. I even try to avoid giving my opinion on the subject.

3. Many kids are overnurtured. I get it. Sometimes you would need a father figure to remind you of your priorities in life instead of being lazy or a crybaby. In my case I'm not proud of myself, I have been somewhat nurtured as well, then left to do as I pleased which didn't get me enough experience to deal with things, then stepped into reality and wanted to learn every single thing in my fucking 20s. All that I lost in my teenage years. So it has become somewhat difficult to handle the various kinds of people I encounter.

So now I'm wondering, am I right in thinking he's still being too harsh? That it can go wrong because of his attitude?
>>
Due wtf even is this are trying to bang the daughter or something who cares how this man parents his child
>>
>>17787876
They're both friends. I see them fighting over and over about the same subjects, so I'm actually worried about them. Like I said I don't really have the experience so I'm not sure whether this is a thing that I have to just ignore every single time or of I can actually help.

Mainly because while I'm fairly respected I'm still looked at like I have a weird reaction to certain situations that's either unexpected or funny. Not 2 years ago I was friends with a couple which hit each other pretty regularly and I was "supposed" to act as though it was a normal thing that I shouldn't mind, but nowadays they're in a very weird position and I guess if you go with that day by day, it gets irritating even for them.

So basically this question is more about me just overreacting or actually thinking right about the subject. I wouldn't care about how someone parents their child, but if I saw something like what my parents went through (they've been separated for a while) I tend to react as if I should actually give a shit.

Excuse the fact that I posted this garbage here, I just came here from a pretty uncomfortable hour of listening to shit and trying to figure out what is exactly wrong with -me-.
>>
How old are you? Do you have you're own kids? Are you a kid?
>>
>>17788002
I'm in my mid 20s. I don't have kids so I don't have the experience, and I get where you're going with this.

I'm asking for advice because I've been sheltered for a long ass time. I mind when I'm being an insensitive or an inconsequential asshat, but I also mind when someone tells me "you don't know so don't even try". "You don't have kids, do you? Then shut the fuck up" doesn't mean much to me when it's said by different people with different circumstances and ways of treating their own.

My issue is with my own reaction. So I see a problem and I don't exactly know the gravity of it. It might be a normal thing I'm giving too much of a shit about. It might be a really important thing and I'm not as worried as the rest. See where I'm going? I'm worried about this in particular.

Now this might seem really immature but I keep repeating myself here, I lost my teenage years and I'm pretty much rebuilding my life. I was really socially retarded at some point, now I do much better but still have issues because I haven't had the life experience and I'm hella old.
>>
>>17788085
Dude it sounds like you're making something that has literally nothing to do with you a big deal it doesn't make any sense for you to have thought about this for more than a half a second and then moved on. Are you this girls beta orbiter? Bc that's the only way I see this making any sense
>>
>>17788092
No, not really. It's not about her. I think I made a big deal of this one thing because it's been going on for quite a while now and not just with them both.

I guess I'll give up on it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.