[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I explain to my family that I want to get a nose job without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: nose13.jpg (35KB, 360x417px) Image search: [Google]
nose13.jpg
35KB, 360x417px
How do I explain to my family that I want to get a nose job without sounding like a total faggot? I've been made fun of all my life for my fat ugly pig nose and it has destroyed my self esteem. I want my nose triangular and normal, like pic related, but my before is a lot worse. I don't even know if it's fixable.
I can't just come home one day with bruising and bandages all over my face. It takes a long time to heal, and hopefully it will look very different, so there's no way I can hide it.
>>
>>17785369
Is pic related you?
>>
>>17785369
How old are you?
Do you still live at home?
Are your parents assholes or chill?
Can you afford this procedure yourself?
Do you have any close friends you can stay with?
>>
>>17785383
No, my nose looks similar to that from underneath, but much worse from the front.

>>17785391
23, live with parents. They're not assholes, but we don't have the kind of relationship where we talk about serious things ever. I don't want to seem like a weak little pussy who cares so much about how they look, but it has become an obsession and it's making me so miserable on the inside.
I can afford the procedure, but can't get there and back by myself.
I don't have any friends at all, my confidence issues have destroyed my social life. I'm a NEET and don't leave the house.
>>
>>17785471
Ok then OP. Just sit them down and tell them
"So I've been planning to have a nose job. And before you guys say anything, I've been wanting it for a long time and have everything prepared to have it done. I really need you guys to be there for me." or something along those lines
Just sit them down and tell you how you feel and ask for them to be there for you throughout the procedure.
>>
>>17785471
It's not the nose that's making you feel shitty on the inside. It's you and it'll always be you until it isn't anymore. And if you never leave the house you think it'll fucking matter at all? You'll be just as scared to show off your new nose to everyone you already know and even to people who won't know you got a nose job. You want some advice? Start thinking for yourself.
>>
>>17786278
This, but get the nose job anyway

Why can't you get there and back, is it via fucking plane? You can get anywhere and back if you have the money. Take public transport. But tell your parents and if they don't like it tell them to fuck themselves.
>>
>>17785369
I am in the same situation as you, OP, also pondering a nose job. Having no friends maybe an advantage, but yeah, for family it's rough. What do you intend to do for the whole healing period? which is like 6 months or sth.
>>
>>17786296
No you're not. You and op are in similar situations and I won't let you bring him down to your level. He doesn't need this nose job and he needs to fuxking realize it because if he did need it he would know And what I say wouldn't matter.
>>
>>17786354
>No you're not. You and op are in similar situations and I won't let you bring him down to your level

what the fuck are you on about, retard?
>>
>>17786367
Give me some advice too nignog. How do I remove coffee from my rectum? We're in the -HU4RRR DURRRsame boat
>>
I live in the UK and have access to the NHS but this still might help you

Go to your doctor complaining that you can't breathe through one side of your nose. Tell him you get sinus pain etc. If you have any kind of deviated septum you may get away with it. Then use that as an excuse to your family that you are getting your nose fixed for medical reasons. There is no one anyone can find out. I did in fact have a deviated septum but I made it sound way worse than it actually was enough to even fool the surgeon himself
>>
>>17786383

Oh and by the way, the healing process is fucking painful as fuck. Way worse than I anticipated. I thought I'd be back at work/in the gym within a couple of days. I felt like I'd done 8 rounds with Tyson for about a week
>>
I've had a nose job and I can completely understand how hard it is to tell your family.
I had the fortune that I had broken my nose a few years earlier, so my family could cope well with my wish of not wanting to live with a broken nose forever,

I understand it's even more difficult if you want to change the nose you were born with but you just need to man up and tell them.

Before I had my nose fixed I had a whole list of procedures I wanted done. I was very unhappy. But as soon as my nose was done, I didn't think of all these other stupid plans again. It was really the right choice for me. I got over my superficiality. No regrets, would always do it again.

>>17786296
The healing period where it's noticeable is really only two weeks and while your bandages are on, people in public will assume you broke your nose, so relax.
The rest of the healing will take up to one year but it will be unnoticeable to other people.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.