[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I make this a big deal during Thanksgiving? My dad broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1479603819724.jpg (216KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1479603819724.jpg
216KB, 500x484px
Should I make this a big deal during Thanksgiving?

My dad broke his arm over the week and therefore won't be able to lift the turkey, or carve it. My mom generally cooks it, but he does the literal heavy lifting. I'm more than capable of lifting and carving a turkey, even cooking it, if need be. I offered to help.

My parents decided to order a pre-prepared turkey from a place up the street. They don't seem to have read anything - it's a completely cold, "reheatable" turkey/turkey slices. And much more expensive. I'm basically mad that we're going to end up missing the family experience and eating a re-cooked turkey, and I think they didn't trust me to take over a really simple responsibility.

I know I sound like a spoiled kid here, but I've done many of my own Thanksgivings, and I'm an adult with his own job and own money - I just don't think my parents paid attention to what they ordered and are ruining others' dinner.
>>
They already bought the damn thing, don't make a fuss over it.
Maybe express your disappointment in a mature, adult way as an aside, but what's done is done.
>>
>>17785366

At heart, the point is that they don't pay attention to details, and its infuriating. This is just a $160 example.
>>
Jesus Christ, this is one of the pettiest things on this board, and this board is full of petty shit.
>>
>>17785356
It isn't a big deal, OP. I know you care, but if it's really as bad as it seems, just tell them "I told you so" lol.

Or maybe secretly get a backup turkey from the grocery store, and if they get the "reheatable turkey" and are super disappointed, save the day with your actual turkey you purchased in secrecy.
>>
>>17785381
It's not your money. And if you don't like it, don't go. Be the massive child that you are.
>>
>>17785384
>Or maybe secretly get a backup turkey from the grocery store, and if they get the "reheatable turkey" and are super disappointed, save the day with your actual turkey you purchased in secrecy.
This magical turkey that he can tuck away in his pocket that's all cooked and ready to go?
>>
>>17785392
Get it, put it in cooler with ice in some other room or his car. Idfk man.
>>
>>17785384

They already bought a turkey to be prepared, and all of the other food.

>>17785388

I would have happily paid for a nicer meal and prepared it myself if I knew that this was going to happen. It's not just my parents and I, it's family and others that have to sit and eat cold/microwaved turkey.

>>17785392
>>17785395

I really do wish this was an option. I live a few miles away, I could technically be secretly be making my own turkey... but transporting that back in my car would be risky.
>>
>>17785395
It was your idea, I would hope you would be able to explain how it would logically work. And if it's cold, how in the world is that any different to what his parents have already arranged?
>>
>>17785421
YOLO SECRET TURKEY
carve "I told you so, mum & dad" into it also

>>17785422
idk I'm tired
>>
>>17785421
>cold/microwaved turkey.
Why are you assuming they're microwaving it, instead of reheating it in the oven like normal people? And what I said still stands: if you don't like it, don't go. You're making a massive deal out of nothing, but if you feel this strongly about it, it's probably for the best that you're not there.
>>
>>17785432

The entire point about not cooking our own, already purchased turkey, is that they don't want to use the oven because my dad can't lift a turkey out of the oven.

So, we're not reheating it in the oven. It literally makes zero sense. I'm still going to go, but this is going to be a disappointment to everyone, as my parents DID NOT READ that it was not a fully cooked, hot turkey & sides - just all cold.

All it's doing at best is saving a couple of extra hours in the oven.
>>
>>17785462
You said that it was slices of turkey. It's not unreasonable to assume that your mother is capable of putting these in and taking them out of the oven.
>>
>>17785467

Sorry, I should have been more clear that I'm unclear - it's either a full turkey or slices of turkey. Regardless, it's 11 lbs of turkey. My parents don't know, they just put in the order, but the site doesn't clarify which their order is.
>>
Parents will often completely ignore the advice of their children, simply because they "know better". This can also include any family member older than you.
t. Youngest child, frequently try to save money and nobody listens to me. My mom could recover majority of her therapy costs if she just fucking called the corporate insurance my family belongs to.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.