[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 19 and have been in love with music and composition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Tears_0.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tears_0.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
So I'm 19 and have been in love with music and composition since as far back as I can remember. I am well educated with piano but wish to pick up guitar. I remember attempting the guitar around the age of 8 but couldn't stick with it and swore that I wasn't cut for strings. Noe I've come to really regret this decision. So my question is, should I pick up guitar now, or is it too late for me to become proficient enough to do anything meaningful with it if I pursue a music career? Ever since I turned 18 I had this sort of anxiety that I should be doing tons of important things, hitting important milestones if I ever wanted to make it big like I see all these other people in their 20s doing. You can call it a pipe dream, but I'm fully confident in my abilities and all I can do is try ya know?
>>
>>17785178
Well do you wanna be 25 being able to play guitar, or 25 and unable to do so?

There's your answer.
>>
>>17785178
OP, sorry but don't pursue the career of being a musician when you can't even play the guitar.
Honestly that's so pathetic. It's like me wanting to be a professional painter when I can't even paint.

But no, you're not too old to start playing the guitar for fun. Start taking some lessons.
>>
>>17785182
Didn't read the musical career thing.

Fuck I wouldn't even recommend it to someone whos been playing guitar for years, it's a shitty industry and you'll be poor.
>>
Yea I am not really looking at it from a starving artist perspective. The problem is that I really can't see myself doing a traditional career and the thought of being behind a desk makes me sick. I am also taking a theater class at uni but that might be going down the sake path.
>>
General /adv/

>short & sweet
Dont be so long winded in your communications, be they verbal, text based, or musical. Get to the meat of your topics and intentions because no one but your parents give a fuck about fluffery.

Now for your query..
Guitar is fucking cake, but the relationship between your hands is a bit different than what piano asks of you. You need to retrain your brain and bodily movements to accomodate. This shouldn't take more than a couple weeks to really get rollin, unless you arent actually dedicating yourself to it. You say you tried it once when you were fucking 8. Get on with it.

Also what are you looking for in terms of musical success?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.