[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>26 >living with my mom and stepdad >shit fast food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1466542122179.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466542122179.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>26
>living with my mom and stepdad
>shit fast food job
>make 600 every 2 weeks
>My mom and step dad are getting divorced and I need to get the fuck out
>no car
>no money saved
>no career aspirations other than working enough to support myself
>no gf
>no car
>no future
What the fuck do I even do in this situation?
>>
>>17784988

>no gf

thank god, that owuld only make this harder.

OP, move out. 1200 is more than enough to live off of in most areas, even here in los angeles i lived off that for years.

you might have to share a room but yeah.

flip side, one of your parents may need a roommate
>>
>>17785061
Not really. 1200 a month is barely enough to live in major cities unless you live with a roommate.
>>
>>17784988
Get a real cooking job and bank every cent you can for as long as you can live at home.

Legit cooking jobs are great if you want to put in your 8/10/12 hours and do other things. Once you get a year in a place you won't be out of work. Places hire bozos because they can't find cooks who show up on time and sober.

>>17785146
This. I live in one of the more affordable cities in the US. Moving out into a shithole 1BR will run me $1300/month for necessities alone. I won't roommate with anyone other than my brothers.
>>
File: loaded.jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
loaded.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
Military.
Other shit job.
Better job.
Suck dick for rent money.

Choose Wisely.
>>
>>17785239
>>17785146
>>17785061
I appreciate the advice
Just to give you guys some info I live one of the worst cities in the US. Seriously, it's always on the worst cities lists. Looking around on craigslist I found some prospects for real cheap living mostly renting rooms. I feel like my biggest problem is getting a car. Do I save and buy a $1,500 or do I go to a dealership and make payments for a $5,000 car?
>>17785239
I got a friend who works at a restaurant I'm gonna talk to him even if it's part time I can just have 2 jobs until I work my way up in the restaurant.
>>17785061
this is another prospect I never thought about not my mom she;s a crazy nagging bitch but my dad is a truck driver. Awhile ago he was talking to me about trying to get a local trucking position. I'm gonna talk to him see if he's serious about that, currently he lives with my aunt and uncle 2 days a week the rest he's on the road so his current situation really doesn't demand him moving out on his own.
>>
Not OP

>>17785249
>Military

Shit pay and conditions if you do your 4 years and get out. Your learn 0 transferable skills for the business world. Killing people and knowing the flag code are not transferable skills. Pensions after 20 years are going away.

>Other shit job.
>Better job.

Solid options. There are tons of shitheads on the low end which makes sticking out easy. Experience trumps education. A low level management experience beats a degree for most jobs.

>Suck dick for rent money.

A solid option. We know what our penis likes. Knee pads will get a bit expensive, but if you can be fast they last longer.

>>17785280
>I got a friend who works at a restaurant I'm gonna talk to him even if it's part time I can just have 2 jobs until I work my way up in the restaurant.

Slay it on prep or dish and wait for turnover. General rule is 30% month to month turnover for cooks.

>Awhile ago he was talking to me about trying to get a local trucking position.

They won't let newly minted CDLs do local runs. Cousin went into trucking at 30 with a few years of class B delivery work for his family's business for shit pay. Did 3 years over the road to get the necessary experience. He makes good money delivering gasoline overnight now.
>>
>>17785295
thanks I have no clue where my dad stands in his company but he's been working there for over 5 years, That being said he's just gonna be a feeler. I really don't want to live with him but it would probably be cheaper and less restrained environment then say a rented room in which the owner of the house can have some rules or shit I don't really like.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.