[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me, 21, femanon, asian >face of a child >makeup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: Synecdoche-NY.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Synecdoche-NY.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>be me, 21, femanon, asian
>face of a child
>makeup doesn't help
>no boobs or butt, your 5'3" not-so-cute asian
>born in hong kong
>HK is shit so went abroad to study
>tried to do CompSci but too dumb / depressed so dropped out
>psychology undergrad
>no employable skills
>about to slither back to HK after graduation
>god i hate HK
>there isn't a place where I would call home
>feel like a stranger everywhere i go
>no friends
>literally NEET except college

/rant
okay now how do i kill myself
>>
I think it is time.
Good luck.
>>
Come get drunk with me.
>>
Why does HK make you so uncomfortable?
>>
>>17784863
tfw still get ID'd at 21

>>17784865
Unaffordable housing. My old folks are still renting a place when they're about to fucking retire.

Also, shit culture. You live in HK for a couple of months and you'll understand.
>>
I'd get a whatever job that helps me support myself if I were in your situation. You never know where this leads you! And I don't believe that there is such thing as wasted time. Besides, if you like the current city, but can't find a job in your field, would you be really happy in HK assuming you'll find something that suits you there? Just really ask yourself that. Oh, and why am I concentrating on the job hunt? You definitely sound like you need it. You won't believe how many social problems can be solved when you find yourself in a working environment. Hope this helps at least a little! I know it's subjective, but just don't put yourself in a situation where it seems like you don't have a choice - you always do.
>>
>>17784884
That's probably what I'm going to do, whether I like it or not.
I have a lot of interests and want to do a lot of things, but the thought of going back to HK is just depressing.
>>
>>17784899
Then don't go to HK, obviously! Where are you now?
>>
>>17784843
>be 21 Cantonese masterrace
>NEET except college

I'm actively trying to not NEET so I can use someone to talk to

>Bo Xuan Tan on facebook
>>
synecdoche ny is a great movie

little person is a great song

i can't help much because i'm a fucking loser and want to give myself the gun as well, but i'm trying to get better. i'm writing in a journal and working out when i can muster the motivation, also delving into non vidya hobbies as much as i can again. it's tough.
>>
>>17784865
Rampant materialism and the fact that people tend to put an extreme focus on money in their lives. Work-life balance is mostly seen as a joke here, otherwise it's for extremely lucky and rich people.
It's really easy to get depressed there, and if you do, you won't be able to get help because there are so few psychiatrists. If you're able to even get help, you'll have to wait an absurdly long time to even have it- like say maybe a year.

[spoiler]t. other hker[/spoiler]
>>
Suicide bombing of the people's Congress.
>>
>>17784865
The average apartment there is smaller than my living room here in commiefornia, go figure

I have relatives there and I never wanted to visit them in their place. I don't even want to go there in general because I'm not into shopping
>>
>>17784905
UK. I'm thinking it's unlikely I'd be able to get decent work here with a psych degree.
I'd really want to go to US someday, at least a visit, but it seems more of a pipe dream.
Plus I might have to go back and take care of my old folks.

>>17784912
all the best, anon. I'm trying to do similar things.

>>17784919
hi there fellow hker
>>
>>17784905
i moved out of a small country in south east asia cos it's shit. i live in australia now. it's been a year, i haven't killed myself yet so that's good.

i'll be your friend if u come to melbourne. :^)

but if HK is so shit for you, you might as well take all the chances you can, right?

my friend from singapore was about to do national service (obligatory in singapore for men), and he would kill himself if he had to do that (various issues). since he had nothing else going for him, he just took his chances and left. went to another country for a few months, then one of his family members reached out to him and offered to support him in australia. he goes to uni now, hopefully on his way to permanent residency.

if you are really in a desperate situation, i.e. probably kill yourself if you have to go back to HK, then you've got nothing else to lose.

honestly OP you seem pretty chill and i would 100% want to befriend you IRL if i could but u in the UK so 2 bad.

but OP don't kill urself. : )
>>
OP why did you squander your prime years into attracting a mate so you could have a roof over your head in some place that isn't Hong Kong?

There's still time so get out there and shake some ass
>>
>>17784932

sorry, didn't mean to make it about me or anything. really just making suggestions, anything to distract and break routine is key to eliminating the ouroboros. complacency is the enemy. do find some kind of work though, anything. it'll be soul sucking but it's a step.
>>
be my gf i will solve all your problems, i swear
>>
>>17784843
Just fuck an american weaboo or something so you can stay out of HK
>>
>>17784946
nice to hear someone made it out!
I also had a friend from malaysia who did exactly that, but then soon after she left they abolished conscription so I guess that worked out for her.
honestly i'd go to straya if i have the dough. I have relatives there and they seem like they're having a good time.

>>17784948
i don't know. i'm stupid.
Most of the time i'm too mellow to do anything like this 'shaking ass' business that you speak of.

>>17784949
no not at all. small steps, eh?
once it stops raining i'm gonna pick up running again.
>>
>>17784962
>implying that weaboos are attracted to chinese chicks
>>
>>17784962
>>17784979
>implying weeaboos are attracted to non-pillows
>>
>>17784843
>face of a child
Will be a huge pro in couple years while your peers will look like grandmothers in their 30-40s.

>no boobs or butt
Who cares. Besides you can fix the butt thing with squats.

>psychology undergrad
Clearly somewhat intelligent.

>god i hate HK
Still better than mainland.

>tfw still get ID'd at 21
Pff, I get ID'd for cigarettes (18+ here) while being 23 and having a fucking beard.
>>
>>17784970
yeah, it took me a while to make it out and it was terrifying for a long time. i mostly just wanted to be financially independent and not have to see my shitty family ever again.

it's kind of like that now. i don't have a safety net though, which is pretty shit but oh well. like if i lose my job, i'm gonna be homeless, unless i ask for help from my family again. which i will avoid at all costs. probably rather die in the street than do that.

how supportive is your family? maybe someone is willing to help you move to straya until you get on your feet? maybe they can sponsor you for permanent residency? idk. i like australia because there is a very liveable minimum wage. so even if you get a shit job, you have enough to survive. i live on minimum wage right now, and i have enough to pay for rent in the middle of the city. i could save more money if i didn't live in the city but i like it here, so whatever.

i have to stop procrastinating and actually work now. i hope things work out for you. i am sending you good vibes and love ok good luck
>>
>>17784979
some weeaboos actually don't care about having a japanese girl. just so long as the girl comes from east asia and acts like a shy kid
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>17784994
>clearly somewhat intelligent

honestly i don't really know why I'm doing psych anymore, especially after the whole debate on p-values and reproducibility problems.
Yes the theories and papers are interesting and all, but there are times i'm very doubtful.
>>
>>17785003
thanks to the whole asian stereotype I actually have a pretty big family with supportive relatives. But I don't know about troubling them. Things have been going downhill but i'm not sure if I am at that desperate stage. I mean, the folks in straya have a kid and all.

but yeah, good day anon
>>
>>17785018
I have a cousin here in the US that got a psych degree. He tried to become a cop after college but failed. Now he's working in the airport.

Don't worry too much about your degree. Most people end up in a different career than what they studied in college anyway. I've been doing chemistry and now I've switched over to accounting. I fucking hate it and don't see myself working as an account for long. At this point just do whatever to graduate then worry about finding a career you like when you actually step out in the real world.
>>
>>17784979
Most weaboos just want petite asians, and will feel less intimidated by a hong kong girl since there's less culture clash.

You don't really want to attrack weaboo pros that would care about you not being japanese.
>>
>>17785018
>reproducibility problems.
Replication crisis is a serious problem even in hard science to be fair, and most degrees are more about getting a degree than the subject.

Why did you pick it in the first place? Quite the step from CS.
>>
>>17785040
yeah. It looks like I'm going to have to do something like that as well.
Can't help but feel like a shitty underachiever though. I'm like one of the few here who got 4 decent A levels but now i'm stuck because i'm dumb.

I hate to see that I'm going to be just like my parents - stuck at a desk job they loathe with little advancement.
Loyalty to the company doesn't mean shit.
HK is one big service industry so i'm kinda not worried about not getting a job. Just know that it's not going to be something I'd like.
It's weird i know quite a few people who did chemistry but walked a different path. Ever thought about teaching? The next walter white?
>>
>>17785050
well, it certainly seems like hard sciences have more of a cushion to fall back on. People who openly criticizes psych being a pseudoscience will jump on this shit.
It is frustrating to try and defend the very degree you're doing when you're not even sure when you stand.

psych is always something i'm interested in, along with other things like philosophy and literature but I picked psych.

Problem here in hindsight was that I picked CS when I'm probably better fitted to do something like IT instead.
>>
Post a pic of yourself OP, I'll rate ya.
>>
>>17785076
/soc/ already did. thanks but no thanks.
>>
>>17785090

I'm not gonna lie, you sound cute and I just wanted to see you, don't even care about the rating.

Don't you have a bf or someshit, what stopped you so far.
>>
File: Choose Wisely.jpg (44KB, 286x246px) Image search: [Google]
Choose Wisely.jpg
44KB, 286x246px
I'd just like to point out the amount of helpful and encouraging responses this anon has gotten, whereas a male would've been met by much more derision, harsh, and hostile responses.

>>17784843

I wrote a response earlier, but I lost it. >_<

This thread was a little difficult to follow, but do you have a support network, any family in the States that could help you out?

I don't know why you switched to psych, but I know you need at least a masters to do anything related to it. Masters in fact is the new standard. A bachelors will just make you employable in a job that isn't necessarily crap.

I doubt you have "no employable skills." Finish college. If you walk out of college with nothing else, you will have critical thinking skills, and those are useful in many jobs. The trick is to find a job that values them.

Usually, women have one or the other. I'll bet you might just have a small butt or boobs, and that's not a bad thing. Some guys are into that. Looking young isn't a bad thing. You'll appreciate it once you're in your late 20s. I'm in my 30s and I still get carded if I'm in such an establishment.

>Cont
>>
>>17785905

>>17784919
>Rampant materialism and the fact that people tend to put an extreme focus on money in their lives. Work-life balance is mostly seen as a joke here, otherwise it's for extremely lucky and rich people.
It's really easy to get depressed there, and if you do, you won't be able to get help because there are so few psychiatrists. If you're able to even get help, you'll have to wait an absurdly long time to even have it- like say maybe a year.
This doesn't sound much different from the US, except seeking out psychological counseling isn't necessarily extremely difficult. (YMMV) Most schools offer free psychological counseling. Check to see if your school offers it.

I wonder if the materialism is related to China being handed back HK. As I know there are a lot of mainlanders that moved there.

I only work the standard 40 hrs and I still have no work-life balance. It's not like I put in 60-80 like an investment banker, lawyer, or doctor.

>>17784930
I make approx $16/hr and still can't afford my own place here in the US.

Look anonette, things might look bad and bleak right now, but don't give up. Just keep going. You do need to think of a plan though. If family won't help, you can get a job and find some roommates while you're in school. It'll be tough, but you can do it.

加油!加油!
Sorry, I only know some Mandarin. Not sure if They say the same thing in Cantonese. >_<
>>
>>17784907
you're cute
>>
>>17784843
I'm a Cantonese male that's Australian.

I like to get to know you...
>>
>>17784843
Selfie? You're probably not too child like plus some guys like that
>>
>>17786119
Shouldnt have added those ...s anon, now you sound like a creep
>>
Come back anon and we can go to a junk boat party when the weather gets warm again.
t. expat in HK
>>
>be me, 21, femanon, asian
>face of a child
>HEY YOU SOUND CUTE COME HANG OUT W ME
God damn y'all some thirsty motherfuckers.

/adv/, you're usually better than this.
>>
If you don't want to go back to HK no matter what I'm sure you can find a job even if you say you have no employable skills, it may be shitty at first though but if you manage to catch something that'll actually give you some sort of skills it'll get better

Where do you live anyways? Depends on the place whether an entry level job can assure you a room/flat or not
>>
File: hentaikamen.jpg (102KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
hentaikamen.jpg
102KB, 500x708px
>>17784843
>HK is shit
Shit taste.
>>
>>17786223
>/adv/, you're usually better than this.
No,not really.
>>
>>17786223
t. jelly femanon
>>
>>17784843
It's time to leave this awful place.
You could walk for miles,
And not see a smile.
>>
>>17785905
>>17785910

I went to bed I'm surprised this thread is still kicking.
I was actually expecting some roasting and abuse but yeah it seems that being femanon has its advantages ... for better or worse

Right now I'm thinking of doing a masters in HK if I can. It's cheaper than doing it in the UK. I'm thinking Criminology or something.(my interest was forensic psych)
But i dunno man. It might be better if I just get a job non-psych related and work my way up or something.

As some other anon pointed out work-life balance is mostly a joke in HK. On the paper it's 40hrs standard but many people won't actually leave on the dot. They'd wait until other people or their bosses start going. That's unpaid OT as well.

>加油!加油!
yeah it's the same in canto. thanks anon

>>17786421
UK. I dunno if anyone would hire me over perhaps less qualified locals. I mean, I'm British on paper but it's clear that on some level I don't fit in. Plus I'm graduating with psych lol, not like it's technical
>>
>>17786634
that game has some sick soundtracks yo
>>
>>17786641
Just stay in the UK and get a job and live here
>>
>>17786648
yeah, after reading hong kong in the ops post i started binging the songs i liked from the game
>>
>>17786660
What game?
>>
>>17787760
Google says it's called "Sleeping Dogs"
>>
>>17784843
>face of a child
>no boobs or butt
There are plenty of dudes that love that shit, hon. Dont be so down
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.