[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently trying to study for an exam tomorrow and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: meninges.jpg (193KB, 1058x1036px) Image search: [Google]
meninges.jpg
193KB, 1058x1036px
I'm currently trying to study for an exam tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to memorise diagrams? (pic related).

I've tried a site called Imagequiz in the past but it is notoriously unreliable.
>>
>>17784640
You a med student, bro?

Doctor, here

What is your exam about?
>>
Basically flashcards.

>tomorrow
Yeah, I got some bad news. You're not supposed to wait till the last day to study.
Good luck
>>
>>17784643
I've got 2 A&P exams tomorrow. One is specifically about labelling diagrams like this and covers the anatomy of the brain, spinal cord, heart, lungs and female reproductive system
>>
>>17784645
I've been studying for a while but there are just a few diagrams that I want to memorise as I have a strong suspicion that they are in the exam
>>
>>17784645
>stating the fucking obvious
>also, assuming that this guy is only just starting to revise tonight
He might just be looking for some advice

>>17784643 here.
Even the anatomy often has an internal logic to it. Understanding the Latin helps and many of the anatomical terms tell you either their origin, course, destination or function. Take the obturator nerve as an example.

Heart anatomy, for example, has a logical set of names for the vessels, valves and structures.

There's not a hell of a lot to learn about the female repro tract. FYI- colorectal surgeons will frequently perform hysterectomy/BSO if these organs are involved in whatever it is they are trying to operate on. Other than learning some blood vessels, whatever you learned in undergrad/school should be fine.

I also recommend acronyms. They are fucking helpful and nowadays they are easy to find online. If you focus too much on learning the visual appearance of a diagram you may struggle to apply the information to a diagram that just looks different. That certainly tripped me up.

However, most of my exams were extended matching questions so I would have to recognise one option out of a list of 20-30. It's a different skill having to spontaneously recall things.

Hit me up with any specific questions you have.
>>
>>17784662
I should be alright for heart, lung and even spinal cord anatomy but it's just the female reproductive and brain anatomy that worries me.

We basically just need to be able to label most of the diagram and state the basic function of certain parts (e.g. the uterine tube transports the egg to the uterus)
>>
>>17784672
It sounds like you are pretty switched on and facing a relatively straightforward exam. I don't think you'll have a problem.

I recommend Essential Clinical Anatomy by Moore and Agur. It's not great for the heart (passable for undergrad but if you are doing cardiology to a post-grad level then it simply is not nearly accurate enough), but very good for most other solid organs. You can probably find a download copy. I didn't use it for neuroanatomy, so can't really comment in that regard.
>>
>>17784691
Thanks.

It's probably a bit late to hit the books at this point but I'll definitely remember it for next year
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.