[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 in my final year of high school and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: i854^cimgpsh_orig.png (149KB, 435x378px) Image search: [Google]
i854^cimgpsh_orig.png
149KB, 435x378px
I'm 18 in my final year of high school and I don't know wtf to do. I am a guy who likes having things planned but I just have no plan at all, I can't stop thinking about it but can't figure out which direction to go in. I don't know if I should even bother with college, I don't want a shit degree for no reason except lots of debt
>>
Exactly the same here. My advice:

1) Pick a study that sucks the least and join a club of some sort. You'll be fine from there, the plans will be made for you.
2) Take a year off to just think, maybe travel. It might enlighten you, it did for some people I know

Honestly, in 2 years we'll be thinking ''Wtf was I stressing about''
This is not stuff to be lying in bed awake about, it will just be fun. Good luck!
>>
Is there a community college in your area? Sign up for classes there, it's hella cheap and easy, you can see what's its like to take a college class without too much financial risk, also there are classes specifically for helping freshman find a field they can study, usually it's called a counseling class
>>
>>17784460
18 here, in first semester of college
If you don't want a shit degree, don't do a shit major
Apply early if you do college though, it makes it a lot easier to get in
Freshman year is easy, and college is a second chance to make friends and do things you never could in high school
>>
>>17784460
Hi. I'm you from the future. You tried going to college but you weren't motivated by your major or the money a good job would bring so you stopped going to class and went back home. Then you got a shitty job you hate and moved into a sad apartment which is all you have. Now at 26 you've spent the last eight years trying to discover what you would like to do with your life. All you've learned is that nobody can give you the answer. Years pass. There is no change on the horizon.
>>
>>17784540
>motivated
People die of old age waiting for motivation.

>>17784460
The best choice is to pick something and soldier through, with luck something worth while will turn up on the way. Studying and working have actually little in common, and even from a field you don't have much interest in you can end up in a job that isn't half bad through coincidence and lucky accidents. A degree doesn't get you anywhere, but a degree and experience can go a long way.
>>
OP, when choosing a degree, make sure you pick something that is going to get you quick, easy, and GAINFUL employment as soon as you graduate.

Don't be an idiot like me and go 70k in debt for a liberal arts degree.

Also, whatever you do, apply for as many scholarships as you can. Easiest money you'll make in your life
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.