[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being too quiet a reason for a girl to lose interest in you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1459087825444.png (11KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1459087825444.png
11KB, 645x773px
Is being too quiet a reason for a girl to lose interest in you? I feel this is my largest downfall and I never land dates because of it. I'm no mute, but I can be pretty silent or oblivious. Once in conversation I can get talking however.
>>
>>17783988

kinda. but people are cohesive and they tend to like you or dislike you for cohesive reasons. people dont sit here and think
>anon woudl be the perfect dating material if not for the fact that hes silent
>that one feature is causing my nipples to get soft
>oh look, theres that guy who looks completely identical to OP but talks a little bit, boy are my nipples erect again!

in movies they act like its one issue but irl people just do or do not like you as a complete person. the default state is NOT liking you.

if the girl was interested in you its very hard to say she lost it becuase you were too quiet. rather, she never liked you to begin with.
>>
>>17783988
I also have this problem. When I start dating a girl I just straight up tell her I like to be silent most of the time and that if she wants to date me she has to expect a lot of many akward silences.

If she doesn't agree to that I tell her to fuck off. (in a nice way).
If she agrees I can just be myself without any pressure. With my last girlfriend we had moments together where we where silent for many hours or her just talking and me pretending to listen. Quite nice. Silence is golden, it feels more intimate to me.

If you just embrace the silence with confidence the awkwardness goes completely away.

>>17784251
this
>>
Well, how am I supposed to maintain a relationship, platonic or otherwise, with someone who doesn't talk?
>>
>>17783988

Not necessarily, as long as you can express yourself without an issue when necessary. If you're quiet, it might be harder for people to figure out who exactly you are as a person and what you want/what's going on in your head. That might make you seem distant and unapproachable. But that won't be an issue of you're good at expressing these things when you do speak. Essentially, being quiet is okay, if you're eloquent when you choose to speak. On the bonus side, being quiet also makes you seem mysterious, which women tend to find attractive. They'll want to figure you out and will feel special if you choose to speak with them in particular.
>>
>>17784285
>>17784268
this
>>17784263
>>17784251
i'm a woman and personally, only me specifically though, i am obsessed with communication between people. if he doesn't talk at all and expects me to maintain everything vivid and find all the subjects to talk about without getting much feedback, that sucks for me.
i can't say it's a thing for most chicks though. >>17784251 is probably right, but these are just my personal two cents. girls are people with different personality traits and tastes in guys. my personal preference leans on the talkative side.
>>
>>17783988
Quiet? No. Boring? Yes. Don't mix these two up.
>>
>>17784359

all i meant to say ( >>17784251 ) is that girls werent interested in him one moment and then 'lost interest' because of him being quite, rather that they'd never develop an interest in him to begin with.
>>
>>17784601
i don't think it goes that way for me. i've been interested in people before but just very turned off by their lack of communication. :/
>>
>>17784395
Ok, no OP, but how do I manage to become quiet AND not boring? What image of non-boring quiet guy do you have in your head? How does amusing silence work?
>>
>>17784603
OP here for the first time, I do agree that limited communication is bad, but for instance, this one girl was shitty at it too, so that's why I gave up on that front because it seemed needy. It's a two way street.
>>17784611
This is the question I would like answered, I don't think I'm boring, and also, is it bad if I talk to other women? I tend to have a lot of female friends because they're good at listening when I speak. Purely situational.
>>
>>17784628
yes ofc it's a two way street
>>
File: 1467503642268.png (148KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1467503642268.png
148KB, 222x293px
>tfw used to drop my spaghetti all the time as a teenager when talking to girls so people told me I need to play it cool
>I now play it so cool that I never know if I should make a move or back off
>>
>>17784652
That's my predicament :(
>>
>>17785036
I think we just have to go for it and deal with the consequences. I've had this girl stringing me along for months because I didn't want to fuck it up and it's driving me mental. I finally just told her I'm taking her out on Friday and she just asked what time and didn't like formally accept, so I don't even know if it worked. But it's better than nothing I guess.
>>
>>17783988
In short, yeah being quiet will get you overlooked unless you got looks that will make girls go out of their way to talk to you

But since you're here on 4chan asking I can already tell that you don't so just work on talking to people. Yeah I fucking hate it too but just go do it, with practice it gets easier to do, never harder
>>
>>17784611
Since nobody awnsers, should I take it for granted that the girl was memeing with fantasies and being quiet DOES make you boring? Not like I think that saying random shit would be good or anything, but it's still better.
>>
>>17785049
Asking what time is a yes. Unless she answered with lemme see if I can after you responded I guess

Dear god the autism is real here
>>
>>17785068
Adding on to this, if a girl potentially likes me, would walking up to her and saying ANYTHING really make her happy? I feel like I left this girl on the back burner because she was playing games.
>>
>>17785072
>asking what time is a yes

>say thing
>she asks time
>say time
>she "can't" at that time and surprizingly at any time you suggest

Lots of young women prefer to do this rather than saying no. Not saying this is happening to him, just sayin.
>>
>>17785072
It was vague enough that I wasn't sure

Also to be fair if I wasn't an autistic sperg I wouldnt be on /adv/
>>
>>17785088
Well he didn't say what she said after, but presumably if that happened he would've mentioned it
>>
>>17785142
I take for granted she didn't confirm that she was okay with the hour, leaving OP without an actual awnser. Might be she's making up some excuse or that she just wasn't paying attention to the mobile phone.
>>
>>17785142
>>17785150
This was through snapchat so I can't screen cap it but this was the exchange

>Are you still going out on black Friday?
>Because if you are you're coming with me for a wake n bake

>Hahaha when Friday morning?

>Yeah whenever
>I'm off work Friday

>Oh nice

>I'm trying to go early though
>So you'd better be awake lol

She opened the last two and didn't respond
Is that still a yes or did I get dodged?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.