[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unorthodox lessons you learned in your life. >The truth doesn´t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Unorthodox lessons you learned in your life.

>The truth doesn´t have an inherent value: if you screw up and then tell the truth, people don´t really take in consideration that you had the moral fiber to speak out
>Random, good things do happen once in a while
>True love is a very different thing from the "love" books, songs and films portray; it´s a passive feeling, not an active feeling. It resembles much more a very deep friendship than a really hot and steamy connection with someone
>Most friendships have an expiration date, and that is natural because you are changing every day, and these friend´s personality no longer fit yours. It isn´t a sad thing, and you can always have a throwback day with them every once in a while
>When it comes to attraction or flirting, most people will start to be in sync with you if you start first; people tend to develop an attraction for another person if they know the other person also has an attraction
>In the end, a doubt is a much heavier burden than a failure
>>
File: Humanity fuck yeah.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Humanity fuck yeah.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17783809

All relationships are about power and control (be it familial, friendships, social gatherings, work, etc). If you do not believe so, you are on the receiving end of someone elses control. Always work to keep your freedom and maneuverability and resist others attempt to put you under their control.
>>
>Crazy is what crazy dose
>People lie a lot
>Don't help anyone until you know you can really on them when you need something
>Have realistic expectation
>How something looks is more important that what it really is in the short run
>>
Accept what's happened and move on.

Believing without proof is silly(no offense), but when you see evidence to back something up it will be much better.

Love at 18 isn't the same as love at 20,25,30..it matures as you mature

you can't change the past but you can make sure history doesn't repeat itself for u

Work is meant to be enjoyed not hated everyday

Emotions always overlay righteousness with females, accept it

You can't always be right

There's someone always stronger than you

How you look isn't that important
>>
File: 1346124462136.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1346124462136.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
>>17783809

>memories are so much better than possessions
>get the fuck out of your hometown
>carrying a torch for someone is the best way to be absolutely fucking miserable, so stop it.
>don't get married before you're at least 28-30
>as long as it's not a serious detriment to you or those around you, deny yourself nothing.
>>
>>17783927
Why not get Married sooner if you're in love? Like 25 or so what changes in those 3-5 years
>>
>>17783939
If something huge changes that would stop you from marrying then it would either ruin your marriage or make you miserable
>>
>>17783939
Are you really so settled down and ready to start a family at 25? I'm a 24 year old vet and I can rarely even find matching socks, let alone care about another person enough to say "yup. this is it. you and me for the next 50-75 years." fuck that dude, I'm going to live my 20's for me and me alone.
>>
>>17784113

hahaha you sound awesome
>>
>>17783939
The question is more, why would you? It's a big risk and if your relationship is healthy and thriving, being fairly young should be an argument to not get married yet that doesn't make your partner doubt your devotion.

You will change a lot in life anyway, it is hard enough to grow together and not apart. Adding some extra formative years only makes the risk higher, and for what purpose? That it feels more romantic to get married slightly younger?
>>
>>17783927
>>get the fuck out of your hometown
I actually would love to know the feeling of living in the same town from childhood until early adulthood. I moved when I was 7 to a city, then once again to a big metropolis at 14 when my dad got a promotion, then at 18, to the other side of the country for uni. Burnt bridges everywhere I look lol.
>>
>>17784328
It's overrated sempai don't fall for the meme
>>
>list of one-sentence """wisdoms"""
>black and white photo of guy with cigarette and shades

thread hidden
>>
>You aren't supposed to be happy all the time, and negative emotions aren't diseases.
>There is a place you can go to where everything is grey and numb, your thoughts are lost in a fog, and you literally can't feel anything. It's the place that gives rise to the idea of cutting yourself "to feel alive" or "to feel anything." If sadness is the first actual feeling to greet you when you emerge from this place, you come to appreciate being able to feel sad.
>The truly hard things in life aren't physical. The truly strong are able to be supports for those around them even when they're suffering worse than those around them are.
>Sexual and romantic feelings don't necessarily corrupt platonic ones.
>Pretty much nothing is unconditional.
>There really is something to be said for sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
>>
>>17784328
Coming home from college in a city to the suburbs, it's depressing as fuck to see the people who stayed there. Unaccomplishment and thrown away lives, people who tried college but didn't continue and just work in town, people with just no ambition besides working and drinking/having fun with the same group from hs or who've stayed in town.

>don't rely on anyone else, ever
>sometimes things can just be "not for you"
>having a relationship and having chemistry are different things
>having sexual chemistry is different from romantic chemistry
>always be ready for the worst
>keep your expectations low so that they're either met or gone over
>adults are just older people, power makes authority
>life is absurd and meaningless so don't stress about anything and enjoy what you have!
>most problems won't matter 10 years from now
>>
>>17784595
>people with just no ambition besides working and drinking/having fun with the same group from hs or who've stayed in town

"bar stars"...kind of comforting in a way, I actually have a few friends like this and it's nice to know I can come home and relive old times and get all drunk and whatever then go back to school and resume normal life
>>
>>17783927

>dont stay in your hometown

But after college I can only get a job here... do I just quit and be a barista in a capital city? And my friends are good people, they don't hold me back or anything? I worry that I'm making the wrong decision by staying but my only reason for moving would be that same worry.
>>
>>17783809
>>The truth doesn´t have an inherent value: if you screw up and then tell the truth, people don´t really take in consideration that you had the moral fiber to speak out

Fucking hell, this. This was a brutal lesson I had to learn early on, and unfortunately has jaded me ever since.

Also, your assertion about true love is spot on as well.
>>
From working, I learned these the hardware

>Never show more respect than you are shown
>do your best even if the work is shit
>never assume because you work harder than others that you'll be compensated, there's always someone who'll do your work for less than you get
>you can't hide behind the law. Every law has a loophole and your employer knows them better than you. Employers are basically unregulated.
>Never expect a thing, even if they say they'll do something.
>>
Paranoia can save your life,

Give yourself the benefit of the doubt before you do for others.

Having a backup plan is not enough you need back ups to your back up plans.

Don't be too predictable.

Never fully trust anyone not even yourself. Keep that seed of doubt whenever you hear something.
>>
I've learned that people who accompany posts with an image picked to convey some sort of maturity or coolness are extremely laughable and slightly pathetic.
>>
>>17784595
>Coming home from college in a city to the suburbs, it's depressing as fuck to see the people who stayed there. Unaccomplishment and thrown away lives, people who tried college but didn't continue and just work in town, people with just no ambition besides working and drinking/having fun with the same group from hs or who've stayed in town.
This

I have recently been re-connecting with some of my old friends

I have realised that I grew where they just didn't

The worse combo is where mummy and daddy are financing a vapid existence. Those people are doing cool shit but they haven't grown or developed as people. It's just bullshit really.

>Travel
>Move to and live in different regions/nations
>Make decisions that will improve your happiness
>When you are about to die, you will not be thinking about work
>There is always a way
>Experience things that few others will ever get the chance to
>Work with the dying at some point in your life
>>
>>17784301
Not sure if sarcasm, but I'm gonna take the compliment.

>>17784328
If you've moved around already, you've satisfied that suggestion, I suppose. Many people stay in one place all the way through high school and some into college, then they get a job near home because all their friends live there and the college somehow hooked them up with a job there, and they live their entire life in the same town, never experiencing any other lifestyle except for vacations to dumb places. They live in an echo chamber of ideas and people, seeing nothing but the same. That's no way to live. I've lived in North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Florida, California, Okinawa, and now Wyoming, with plans to move to Utah or Colorado next year. I still have no idea where I want to put down my roots, but I know plenty of places, including my hometown, that I'd rather die than live in. Also, I've never found a downside to a fresh start in a new place.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.