[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a reason to date or marry anyone as an adult? I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1672.jpg (110KB, 1202x761px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1672.jpg
110KB, 1202x761px
Is there a reason to date or marry anyone as an adult?
I haven't dated anyone for over 3 years, and while I very much enjoyed dating this one girl for a couple years, I just don't see myself enjoying something like that anymore. I'm 20, and I feel like I'm just too old for the dating phase.
And as for marriage, it just seems like a responsibilty with no reward.

So why do people date? And older 30+ guys, why get married.
>>
>>17783273
>I'm 20 and feel im just too old for the dating phase.

Matey, you haven't even really properly entered the dating phase. That starts for proper when you have some money and a job and are actually an adult.

>haven't dated since 17

then you have never properly dated, you were just being a teenager.
Spending your parents money to go to the mall with a girl you like isn't dating.
>>
>>17783273
>Is there a reason to date or marry anyone as an adult?
>I'm 20
You are not an adult. Is there a reason for you to date? Maybe not. But it has nothing to do with your age.

Personally, I met and started dating the woman I ended up marrying when I was 20. That's obviously pretty unusual. But it has dramatically improved my life, and I think hers as well. So that's one anecdotal reason to date at the old age of 20, as well as to get hitched. Makes life better, or at least can.
>>
>I'm 20
Lol
>>
I'm 28, and you're not too old to date. That's silly as fuck.

>And as for marriage, it just seems like a responsibilty with no reward
Marriage is about building a life with someone who you share love, trust, and mutual respect with. You depend on each other and work together financially and emotionally. When you're my age and you get so sick you literally can't take care of yourself, you'll be happy you have someone you love who you can depend on.
>>
>>17783561
Do you think the piece of paper is necessary or can two people just be together
>>
>>17783561
Life
>>
>>17783273
>I'm 20
>I feel like I'm just too old for the dating phase
Get the fuck outa here.
>>
My dad dated when he was 35
>>
>>17783602

Relationships can of course work without marriage indefinitely. Marriage just gives it legal status and the partners rights and responsibilities that are not enforced in unofficial relationships, which is beneficial if the relationship can be expected to last or if there's offspring involved. Relationships are between two people, marriage is a societal institution and has little to do with romance.
>>
>>17783273
OP, I say it with all the affection I am capable of, but you're a fucking idiot.

I have a great life and I am not unhappy alone - I have a house, hobbies, friends, a job that makes me satisfied. I can take care of myself, I volunteer for my community and I am overall doing good in life.
But my boyfriend is the reason why all of this makes sense and probably my relationship with him is the greatest achievement in my life.
I find meaning in my relationship with him. It makes me want to be better because I want him to have the best. It makes me happy to think that I am spending my time and my energies to make his life better. There is nothing that makes me feel better about myself than waking up early to cook him breakfast. There is nothing that makes me feel more fulfilled than cuddling up next to him and watch sports on tv at night.
The kind of intimacy, companionship, mutual respect and even dependency you have when you have a long term, happy relationship with someone you love is something I would never give up on.
I don't think it is necessary, but it feels fucking good.
>>
A girlfriend for a few years and you haven't dated since you were 17. I don't think you even know what dating is like over 18.
>>
>>17783293
>>17783763
What is dating like as an adult as an adult then? I mean, what more do you do with a girl that you couldn't as a teenager? Because I feel like there's less to do. Is living with a girl in a small dorm or apartment any fun?
>>17783684
>my boyfriend
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>17783830
>I feel like there's less to do

Where did you get this impression from? You can still do whatever you feel like doing and sharing it with someone is still just as fun.

But dating as an adult isn't so much about "doing" things, rather than just being. It's really comforting to have someone you can absolutely trust and someone who understands you, when dealing with adulthood and real life. When life throws shit at you, you have someone there to take your mind off the serious things after a long day. And if things are good, there's someone to share the good things with. If something awful happens, there's someone who has your back and offers support. It just sort of makes everything better, the good and the bad.
>>
>>17783844
Interesting perspective. It doesn't soujd too fun as much as in sounds /C O M F Y/.
Maybe one day I'll try it for a short while.
>>
>>17783684
Your boyfriend is actually screwing other gals while you think so highly of him.
>>
>>17783273
>I haven't dated anyone for over 3 years
>I'm 20
>feel like I'm just too old for the dating phase
Top fucking keks. This must be quality bait, or you're really deluded enough to believe this shit?

>So why do people date?
It's fun.

>it just seems like a responsibilty with no reward
Lower taxes and more stable environment for the kids, if you want them.
>>
>>17784052
Or more likely she is fucking other guys while he thinks so highly of her, but "what he doesn't know can't hurt him tee hee".
>>
>>17784052
>>17784086
Why do r9k fags think everybody else is as pathetic as them?
>>
>I'm 20
Haha

Look man, if you don't marry your college sweetheart, the dating scene starts when you start talking about kids on a first date.
>>
File: IMG_1513.png (13KB, 706x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1513.png
13KB, 706x236px
>>17784092
pic related is you
>>
>>17784052
He isn't, but thanks for your concern.

>>17784086
I haven't even kissed any other guy, ever. He's my first everything.
But, whatever.
>>
>>17784064
I'm not joking. I feel old. I had so much fun age 15-18, and I haven't had fun in years. I have no idea where my girlfriend is, but she's prolly fucking a ton of college guys. So I really only have stuff to look back on.
As for being 20, I've lost nearly all my energy, and most of my friends are dead. Life is a ton of work now, and my youth is gone.
The reason I made this thread is to get feedback on how people my age coped with becoming old and if they still had a reason to date. I'm seeing that a lot of people still enjoy it in a different way.
>>17784102
How'd you meet your college sweetheart? I haven't touched a girl since I got here, and it's my junior year. Am I too far gone?
>>
>>17784112
>I haven't even kissed any other guy, ever. He's my first everything.
>But, whatever.
You might be worth your weight in gold if you aren't ugly and/or fat. Did you wait for Chad? You are a woman, a real, biological woman, right?
>>
File: 1348607826519.jpg (48KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1348607826519.jpg
48KB, 640x427px
>>17783273
>20
>figured out dating
>pic related

you date for companionship, because that's how human beings work. you have the sex because you're biologically wired to produce offspring. you get married so people don't think your kid is less for being a 'bastard' (as if that actually matters). also, tax benefits. also, to appease your companion, who probably wants to get hitched.

i'm pretty cynical though, so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>17784124
5'7", 135 lbs and a couple of X chromosomes.
He's not Chad, we're both pretty average looking. High school sweethearts.
>>
>>17783273
Oldfag here.
Past the age 18, it all goes downhill.
Women age like milk.
>>
>>17784114
I'm 21 and this is much better than high school. Sorry to say it but sounds like you peaked in high school man
>>
>>17784141
>high school sweet hearts
>virgin prior
Your relationship is all I wanted, but my high school sweetheart left me to fuck a bunch of kikes. But imagine this: you broke up, and now you are single at the age 20. Do you date again? Will it be the same? Will it even be fun?
>>
Think for yourself for once you goddamn idiot op. Is there a point in dating or marrying?

No, there fucking isn't. Those dumb retards out there, who are the vast majority of earths population, are merely horny animals who chase after sex and "love", that's what they date, And everyone is getting brainwashed to do so from a very early age. They will shame you and think bad of you if you don't. The unpleasant truth is that there is no point in dating or relationships. It's just what aall the dumb blind sheeps are doing, because they have been programmed to. And in that process they are wasting their time, their money, their energy and their life. They create a prison for themselves. Just because they are told to do so. Just because they want some sex. Gee they don't even know why themselves, most of those fucking idiots do not even think. Like zombies they wander aimlessly through life.

Don't let everyone fool you you faggot. There is no point. Stay free OP and do what you want, not what they want you to believe you should. Thinking for yourself and freedom of mind and body are the greatest gifst of the universe.
>>
>>17783273

people date for companionship and sex. for a lot of people the need to be loved is VERY real. for others, a hot shower is enough.

its okay to not date. its okay to not have sex. just dont close your mind to the experience if you DO meet someone you like.

I've been single for about 4 years. At best I've had a couple of flings. thankfully i can get laid pretty east but beyond that i dont need it.

but if i ever met the right girl id be down.
>>
>>17784152
Not her, but I'm in a similarly good/serious relationship and have had ones prior.
>Do you date again? Will it be the same? Will it even be fun?
Yes, yes, and yes. Not everyone is as bitter or as hung up on their old relationships as you. The reason you're unhappy isn't because you're getting older. It's not because you're too old to date or to have fun. It's because, as you said "a lot of my friends are dead" and you're depressed.

Go get some professional help to work on dealing with your depression- that tiredness is a symptom of being depressed and the loss of motivation it entails, not a symptom of being old (which you most definitely are not).
>>
>>17784152
I am 26 and if I broke up with my boyfriend of 10 years tomorrow, I probably would date again and it would be fun (after some time where I'd be desperate and cry myself to sleep).
My relationship is great, but if we weren't together I'd be happy with someone else. It wouldn't be the same, but I don't think that two relationships can ever be the same, and even your relationship with your partner is supposed to evolve over time.

It sounds like you have other issues you should work on.
>>
>>17784194
I think when he said the same he meant "will you ever be able to be fulfilled with and love this person as much as the last" not "will this relationship be exactly identical and parallel to your last relationship".
>>
>>17784194
>I am 26 and if I broke up with my boyfriend of 10 years tomorrow, I probably would date again and it would be fun
That's terrifying. It's terrifying that you'd break up after 10 years, and that you think you'd be fine if it did.
>>17784183
Is depression really real? I mean, I don't feel sad or ever cry or anything. It's just that nothing's fun anymore, which I just assumed is a normal part of getting old.
Also, professional help is a big no, because if I get diagnosed with anything the government will take away my 2nd amendment right, and I own ~10k worth of guns that I would like to keep.
>>
>>17784232

when di you break up OP?
>>
>>17784235
A little over 3 years ago. But we were together for ~2 years.
>>
>>17784239

you will likely get over this fixation with a OTP in due time. maybe not. but ther eason you dont want to date seems pretty clear. its not about not wanting to date, its about an obsession with fairytale romance.
>>
>>17784202
Yes, I know what he meant.
But, yeah, it wouldn't love another guy in the same way I love my boyfriend - the way I love people changes depending on how me and the other person relate to each other and the way we fulfil each other's needs. For example I love both my parents immensely but I love them really differently.
I wouldn't love my hypothetical next boyfriend less, but it would inevitably be different.
I don't know if it makes any sense.

>>17784232
>It's terrifying that you'd break up after 10 years, and that you think you'd be fine if it did.
I'd be broken, I'd suffer a whole lot, I'd be lost for a while but eventually it'd be fine. It's not the end of the world.
>>
>>17784243
To be fair, I can't really see us together now. She was great up until the very end. No one has ever had a fairytale romance, because true love doesn't exist. That's the way I looked at it, even when I was dating the soon to be kike succ machino 9000.
But it would be ideal if I just found wife material at age 16, so I could just get on with my life. But at age 20, I find myself unable to find a reason to ask another girl out. I personaly have asked 30 girls out since I started college. I couldn't get a first date or even a hug desu. It's a big step down from sex everyday with my 9/10 QT 3.14 GF.
But my question has been answered so far in this thread: Am I missing out? Yes.
I guess I should rethink my life and maybe try to get a date to the best of my ability while I'm still "young".
>>
>>17784255

>am i missing otu

nah. if you dont want to do something forcing yourself to do it wont be enjoyable. wait until you're in the right situation.

but yeah, finding wife material at age 16 IS fairytale romance OP.
>>
>>17784232
are you a cuck faggot? its not terrifying. You don't own a person. If a break up happens life goes on and you find someone new. duh

wake up from your dream, there is no true love and no "the one". Anyone can just walk away after 10 years and not give a shit. anyone is replacable, especially for a woman a man is easily replaced. relationships are a joke, just pump and dump and never think a bitch is yours, she never is
>>
File: IMG_2950.png (62KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2950.png
62KB, 300x200px
>>17784280
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.