[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night I met a woman from a dating site for the first time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1475710481731.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475710481731.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
Last night I met a woman from a dating site for the first time. We're both in out late 20's.

Even though she picked the time, she informed me that she had to work early the next morning and couldn't stay out late. We ended up meeting a little earlier, at my suggestion because I've done shift work and sympathize. She said that was nice through text.

There were some awkward pauses in conversation, but that's to be expected the first time people meet. We have a fair number of common interests and share a similar world view.

As we were leaving I asked her if she wanted to meet up again. She seemed kind of hesitant, but said sure. Before we parted ways, she asked me to contact her at the beginning of the week to set something up. I mentioned the plans we made a few minutes earlier. She kind of nodded and looked in the other direction before leaving.

I texted her to see if she'd made it home okay. She said she had and asked me the same. I responded with a reference to a joke we'd made earlier. To which she replied, "haha, good!" I'm now realizing I didn't take the opportunity to say good night. Oh well...

Anyway I'm debating whether to text her today and see if she still wants to meet up, but don't want to come off as too eager. We share common interests and part of her disengagement might be her laid back personality, fatigue from work and nervousness about the upcoming busy season.

Nonetheless I don't want to waste my time if she's not interested.

What should I do?

As a backstory, she took awhile to message me back on the site. In her defense, I had said in my first message that I wouldn't want to meet for a few weeks. We messaged back and forth for awhile, sometimes not responding to each other for a few days to a week. I invited her to a free comedy show. She responded a few days after the show that she had been busy, offered me her number and asked me if I wanted to meetup that weekend.
>>
>>17781337

You're in your late 20's OP and you're not a teenager anymore. It's completely fine to be assertive and pursue it if you are interested in her. Why waste your time on it otherwise?

Just text her and see what she replies, as long as you don't drown her in messages you should be fine.
>>
>>17781357
I am interested in her. I'm mainly debating whether to text her today or tomorrow. Waiting a day sounds reasonable. Both of us are a bit introverted. I don't want to overwhelm her with social interaction or force her to make a decision when she seems hesitant about it.
>>
>>17781337
The way you phrased that just sounded boring

I can't even imagine how boring the date must have been

Did you even flirt or just talk about interests?
>>
>>17781453
We talked about interests. I'm not a very good flirt until I'm more comfortable with someone. Then it's mostly sexual come-ons, not flirting.
>>
contact her at the beginning of the week, if she doesn't respond move on. I've found when a girl says sure, shes isn't really interested, but you don't know till you try.
>>
>>17781462
That's the vibe I'm getting, which is unfortunate because we have a lot in common. It takes me awhile to warm up to people. By the end she seemed to be enjoying herself, but then it was time to pack up.
>>
>>17781337
Bump for more advice.

I decided to text her tomorrow morning. Does anyone think she comes off as disinterested?
>>
Your'e in your late 20s dude. How are you this inept. Just text her if you want, or dont. It isn't going to affect whether she hangs out with you again whether you text her today or tomorrow.
>>
>>17781787
Not in and of itself, but a repeated pattern of behavior--eagerness--will hurt the chances of a potential relationship.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.