[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 28, just got out of a 5 year relationship so I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: legz4.png (434KB, 580x898px) Image search: [Google]
legz4.png
434KB, 580x898px
I'm 28, just got out of a 5 year relationship so I'm alittle rusty when it comes to picking up girls.

I'm truly lost to be honest with you guys. I've tried internet dating but no girl appealed to me, they were all the same, no hobbies other than netflix and craft beer.

I'm already focusing on making money and perfecting myself, hoping to go to Japan after summer or finish my car and drive to California

But at the same time, I'd like to find someone I can click with, someone one that has a creative hobby like knitting or painting, or cooking, just anything in general. Where would I go about finding this person?

I'm not ugly at all, in better shape than guys 10 years my junior, have a car, and make enough to live comfortably and save alittle on the side so I'm no slouch.
>>
Use a site like meetup to find activities in your area.

Source: I work in events and I meet a ton of interesting women.
>>
>>17781299

for the most part all you can do is 'keep on keeping on'. there is very little in the way of short cuts. perhaps the biggest problem is that you are actively trying to find someone to click with. it kinda messes up your approach to things.

you'll notice that in real life there is chemistry, online, not so much. in real life there is a chase. online its more like a logic puzzle, 'does this match? does that match? theni guess were a match...' but then you meet and you're not a match.

>>17781351

this is the advice I usually give.
>>
Good thing you didn't skip leg day, otherwise with your build you'd look downright strange.

Anyways, don't bother with online dating. Its just a waste of time, and you're right 90% of girls on there put "craft beer and netflix" as their hobbies or what they like to do on a friday night.

My best advice is literally to just keep doing what you're doing. You're bound to run into someone who you genuinely click with and isn't some loser that just watches netflix in their free time. No need to force these things.
>>
>>17781389

>girls only put netflix and craft beer

you guys ever think there might be more below that surface?

im a dude and my profile cant hold everything. i put down the basics. im a geek, i like conspiracy theories, etc.

it doesn't talk about what business i run, that i make independent films in my spare time, or play dodgeball or any of the other crap.

its a profile, not a person. talk to the person.
>>
>>17781398
Why? Online dating is so slanted in the girls favor, there isn't a point. Throw the generic profile they wrote up with the help of some dating blog, the fact that they get 500 messages a day from random chads, and aren't going to give you the time of day, its just a waste of time. Also a recent trend is to put their insane standards on their profile, to rule out any guy they don't like off the bat like "if you aren't 6'3'' and have blue eyes, and can't tolerate being with a plump girl, dont message me".

I'd rather go do literally anything else to meet girls, because literally everything else works better.

They don't care about your interests, they care whether or not you have confidence and real passion about something. That doesn't come through in an online message.
>>
>>17781422
You have clearly never set up a dating site profile, bitter /r9k/ virgin.
>>
>>17781422

despite what i said, I do agree wtih you anon. apps should be used at best to supplement your dating life, they should not be the focal point.

chemistry doesnt translate well, and even when you deconstruct the 'chad' culture of 4chan, girls really are still getting lots of messages while talking to you.

whereas in real life, you at least have that time right there to be the only guy around them.

all im saying is that OP shouldn't be like those girls. he shouldn't write off girls simply because they kept hteir profiles vague.
>>
File: 1466105374279.png (2MB, 984x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1466105374279.png
2MB, 984x1312px
>>17781351

That sounds like a good idea, I'm gonna try Meetup, maybe find a cooking class or something.

>>17781371

Yeah, online is completely different from real life. I find that dating online tends to be a complete trainwreck. With real life, you will find more sane people with less baggage.

>>17781389

I grew up with low testosterone so I had to do compound lifts to raise it; squats, deads, and bench, also had a vericocele embolization done, that helped ALOT.

I shut down my online profiles, shit just pisses me off, they are literally the same mindless automatons.

>>17781398

There usually isn't anything on the surface other than Netflix, craft beer, and oxford commas.
>>
>>17781445

>There usually isn't anything on the surface other than Netflix, craft beer, and oxford commas.

thats why i said look BELOW the surface
>>
>>17781429
Oh but I have, and that is why I don't bother. Even the OP agrees.

The only acceptable way to use online dating is as a supplement like the guy above said. Get on for 10 minutes a day, send out as many messages as possible, and get off.

Finding girls to date face to face is a million times easier, and if you don't think that is the case, then we know who the real virgin is.

>>17781452
Again, on online dating, it is almost impossible to find anything below the surface.

The girl completely determines whether or not she wants to talk to you in about 5 seconds, and even then, finding anything meaningful about someone through fucking TEXT is nigh impossible.

I'm not saying they don't have anything below the surface, I'm saying you aren't going to find it on a dating site.
>>
>>17781456

your bad, you said 'there usually isnt anything ON the surface' not below.

was gonna say i disagree with you on that, but then read the rest, and i agree.

I have decent success on tinder, but i realize i am on the lucky side of things becuase my quirks bring out certain quirky people (the conspiracy theorist bit pulls more ass than you'd guess)

but all in all i agree with you. if you can use it, tinder can help supplement a dating / sex life.

but overall i find irl to be far superior in every single way. the only reason i really have it is cuz going to clubs (despite being more succsesful) is tedious, and i quit going to the gym (which is oddly easier to pick up girls at than a fucking club)
>>
>>17781429
>>17781429

Depends on where you live I think. I live in a moderately small area. Not like a big city. I usually take 10 minutes a day on tinder (for example) to go through all of the "new" people around. Since making my account, even the first day, I got to the "there's no one new around you" within an hour.

For the tinder profiles in my area, what little there are, they are compromised of the following (this is for 20-30 age range).

70% are either women with kids, advertising their Instagram, or bots.

20% are women who are very obese or "curvy/plump".

10% are actually average or good looking.

So as someone who is in their early 20s and doesn't want to take care of someone else kid, that only leaves me with 30% people. Of those 30%, i'd say more than half have insane standards. "I want a guy to respect me for who I am and not my body. A guy that is romantic and doesn't care if I"m a little plump" --two sentences later in the profile-- "Only message me if you're tall and have blue eyes". It's full of these people.

Online dating sucks in areas that are heavy populated/urban areas. Its heavily slanted and the women and their egos are off the charts. Don't even get me started on match.com. Supposed the 2nd biggest dating site. What a waste of money that was for my area.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.