[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am pulling my hair out. (Trichotillomania) I am 23 yrs old,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 300px-Trichotillomania_1.jpg (14KB, 300x421px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Trichotillomania_1.jpg
14KB, 300x421px
I am pulling my hair out. (Trichotillomania)

I am 23 yrs old, I live together with my girlfriend.
We are facing some issues as I have no spare time to take care of myself due to fact that I am a last year student ant work 32 hours/week. I am constantly tired, I don't sleep much.

So the thing is that I am losing my authority in the relationship as a man. I have no time/no money for new clothes, no energy for meeting new people, interesting activities and etc.
So I can clearly see how this affects our relationship, how she is loosing interest in me. Both like a friend and sexualy intimate partner.

So back to hair pulling - trichotillomania. It is a self destructing mean of coping with stress. I've been pulling my hair out since I was 15yrs old. Lately I've been facing a lot of stress: lots of shit to do for the university, lots of shit at work. I've been pulling my hair out more intensively.
I almost never realize that I am pulling my hair out, it happens unconsciously, automatically.
Two days ago I've got a buzz cut and I've got some bald spots on my scalp.
I've realized what I've been doing all this time, how bad that is and how much hair I have already lost.
Yesterday I've ran into some kind of paranoia, panic attack when I was thinking about it. I've noticed how I try to keep my posture correct, keep my head always up so people would not notice and I've become very self aware about that.
It is very overwhelming emotionally for me.
So I've tried to talk about this with my girlfriend.
I understand that we are facing issues as a couple atm, and this could kill my "macho status" in the relationship completely.
I've opened my heart, I've told her all my fears, how I feel.
Pic somewhat related

>>CONTINUED
>>
I spoke for like 20 mins non stop.
But she did not respond at all.
She made fun of me.
Because I smoked a joint like two hours before the speech.
She even got mad at me for talking rubbish and this is nothing but the weed. The problems are not real, my emotions are not real. That's what she said.
Yeah, the bald spots are imaginary as well. Right guys ?
I told her that I was very open and it was hard for me to express the way I feel because I fear the consequences for my image/status as her man.
She ignored that.
I have no one else to speak about this with. Please help me out /adv/ how to cope with this, what should I do with her ?
She is very anti-weed, she has never smoked it. Of course I suggest her sometimes trying it. She compares weed to heroin, and all that, despite the fact the she smokes cigarettes, drinks cofffee and she supports the idea of presribing sedation drugs for treating depression.

Regarding the hair, I will cut my hair as short as possible so I wouldn't be able to pull them out. So the hair part is all sorted out.
>>
Are you high right now? I have no idea if the problem here is the hair pulling, your self-image issues, the stress, your gf not listening to you or your different views on drugs.
>>
Your first order of business would be to find a different way to deal with stress, maybe meditate? As for your gf, deal with your own problems first, then tell her she failed you, and that you expected at least a little support in these tough times for you, and then dump her or imply that.
Being with a person who is supposed to be close to you only for that person to dismiss your problems and make fun of you is unnacceptable.
>>
>>17780492
Nah, sober atm. I smoke like 2-4 times / month.

Hair pulling is kinda sorted out. Although in a bad way. Not the stress is reduced but I've cut my hair short so I wouldn't be able to pull em.

Self-image issues are out of the topic as well as stress.

Different view on drugs ? meh you can live with that.

The problem is that I've opened myself to my gf and she did not take it seriously. How should I deal with this. Telling that I am high and that is the reason why she did not listen to me is nothing but bullshit.
>>
>>17780493
I've seen around many people mentioning meditation as a relaxation/coping with stress technique. What is that actually?

Ofc I've met some drugged-out esoteric faggots who are also "meditating" but I suppose we are not talking about the religious bullshit with all mantras, chakras, etc ?
>>
>>17780498
There are many different kinds of meditation, I suggest doing a bit of research if it interests you and trying a few different kinds until one clicks for you. I personally found great comfort in zazen and Zen in general as a way to deal with my depression and anxious tendencies.

Despite the drugged out hippies that are into meditation (and don't even get me started on the irony of combining meditation and drugs), it can really be an effective and helpful practice.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.