[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been on 5 dates with a guy I met online. He seems cool, easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: thefuck.jpg (42KB, 712x712px)
thefuck.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
Been on 5 dates with a guy I met online. He seems cool, easy to talk to, quite good looking, doesn't seem like a bum in the sense he has a job and his own car.
Yesterday I find out that he still lives with his mom and has never moved out. He's 33. Is it right that this setting off alarm bells in my head? Is it weird to still be living at home at that age? I honestly just don't know if I want the awkwardness of going to his place and his mom being there. I'd understand if I was dating a college student, but this is a grown man. I'm only 23 and I moved out years ago.
>>
Ask him about it. More than likely he's aware of it.

If it's for financial reasons then it's excusable imo. Housing market in your area maybe inflated and needs a higher deposit or something.

Many people dont leave the nest until they are ready for a year of mortgage /rent with a viable job and a car.

Don't sweat, but do ask him. It may be a financial decision more than pure NEETdom.
>>
>>17780457
In fairness, he is living in a pricey city. His job is as a supervisor in a supermarket. I'm not looking to date a guy who is rich, that's not really important to me, but I do expect a guy in his 30's to be able to support himself. If he can't afford an apartment where he lives, he could move to the next town and commute in, he has a car after all.
I also found out his last girlfriend was 12 years younger than him. It's just all sounding a little bit like he might be a secret man-child, and I'm just really not in the position to take that on.
>>
one bump for advice then i'll let die if no one has any
>>
>>17780451

>33 yo
>lives at home with mum
>dates women 10 years younger than him

How are these not the biggest red flags out there? Run, op.
>>
>>17780497
I think I will, thanks.
>>
>>17780467
>In fairness, he is living in a pricey city.
Yeah that explains a lot honestly. I'm able to comfortably support myself where I live, but I ran the numbers and it would be a lot more touch and go than I'd like if I ever moved to the city.

I mean it's your call I guess, but my concerns would have more to do with what influence his parents would have on the relationship and what restrictions you'd have to work around if I was in your position.
>>
>>17780451
Have you considered the possibility that he's taking care of his mother, this is reasonable if he's the only child in a divorced family.

Or just drop him so he will find a better woman.
>>
>>17780509
If that's the case though (I don't think it is from what he's told me), will he ever want to leave? What if we get serious and I suggest getting a place together and he says he doesn't want to leave home?
I'd understand if he was younger and still living at home. I'd also understand if he'd moved out previously but things hadn't worked out and he'd had to move back home recently because of circumstances. But the fact that he's never left home and is still living in his childhood room at the age of 33 squicks me.
>>
>>17780509
>so he will find a better woman

younger too, what's that nigga doing dating 22+ women
>>
>>17780516
>will he ever want to leave
how should I know, I've never been in his situation. My point is, these are questions you better off asking him, "will you leave your mom when you have a gf? etc." maybe he will tell you something that is more meaningful to you than anything we could tell you. Or break off with him like anons said.
I'm also very curious about this guy.
>>
>>17780451

If he has his finances straight, and is a responsible person, then what's the big deal? It'd only be a red flag if he still was living there and was doing nothing to improve himself.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.