[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/ How do I deal with the fact that 75% of the people in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: steely.jpg (45KB, 645x350px) Image search: [Google]
steely.jpg
45KB, 645x350px
/adv/

How do I deal with the fact that 75% of the people in life are religious?

I can't just accept that they're so retarded to think that magic is real. These people are not retarded. They get better scores on tests in school than me. They provide insight into things that are invaluable. But they believe there's a god.

How? How is it possible? What the fuck do I do? Do I just accept this fact? I have tried and tried, but I just can't.
>>
>>17780042
Realize that its not black and white. No one is right or wrong
>>
In my experience, even intelligent people need to believe that there's something bigger than them after this life. For some reason, tons of people can't handle the idea of permanent death, so much so that they actually will believe certain things without question to ease their mind so they don't go through life having to deal with the burden of thinking it is all meaningless.

Just my opinion. Nobody can know for sure what happens after we die, it's always fascinated me how religion plays such a huge part in that
>>
>>17780044
How is it not black and white?

There is no 'god' in the sense that they think there is.

I'm always open to the possibility that there is something far greater than us that we are unable to know, but to believe there is a god, and that this god is their "God" is outright crazy.

(When I say I'm open to the possibility, that's just me saying, "I'm aware there many many many things that we do not know of")
>>
>>17780061
Who are you to say there is no God?
>>
>>17780061
Dude like you're alive n stuff. there may be a god.
>>
How long have you been an Atheist? I myself am agnostic and personally believe that you'll never figure out what happens to you until you're dead. Science brings rational answers but they just raise more questions in their place and most scientists are honest enough to admit that. They are just trying to bring a better understanding of how this physical world works. I don't blame people for holding onto a faith, they have just as much as right to believe what happens when you die as anyone else. But I do think many people question their faith, more than you realise. They know the social stigma of being labeled an atheist, so they just decide to go with the social norm.
>>
>>17780067
or you know there may not be we aren't really sure but you know what were alive so take that as you will.
>>
>>17780061
The universe is so big that our brain can't comprehend how big it is.
Anything is possible when the universe is never ending mate. There's just as much change of there being a god then no god existing.
>>
>>17780042
you don't have to accept it
but keep in mind they accept your atheist
views
so you not accepting theirs makes you
a close minded dipshit
>>
Personally, I can't accept that there's a God when you look at all the bs that happens in the world. Like, let's be real, child rape and millions of starving Africans who suffer and die isn't part of some huge plan, and if it is fuck that God anyway.

I do understand that having no meaning in anything you do is really daunting though, and that by joining a religion not only do you get a sense of purpose in your life, you get to join a community of people who are willing to be there for you and support you just because you have that belief in common - like the world's biggest hobby/sports team. I can definitely see why it's appealing.

I used to look down on people who were religious since they were too weak to live without God, but hey, I get really depressed sometimes too. No religion I've found has matched up to my beliefs, but if there was a group of people who all shared the same type of values I did, I think that would bring me a lot of peace of mind.
>>
>>17780042
stop being retarded OP god exists
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.