[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First off sorry to disappoint but I don't need help with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (234KB, 938x659px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 938x659px
First off sorry to disappoint but I don't need help with anything concerning dating or dealing with the opposite sex. I know that's mostly what you all care about.
Anyways I've had problems with depression(kinda) and anxiety/derealization(mostly) for the past five years on and off. It varies, the longest I've gone without experiencing anything too bad is about a year and a half in 2013-2014.
Anyways the details of everything I guess aren't that important but the past few months I hadn't been getting enough sleep because of school and work loosing about 16 hours of sleep a week. Eventually I started having problems again I assume because of sleep deprivation. This past week I've finally had a chance to sleep 8 hours a night and have been trying to do so but for the past three days I haven't been able to sleep more than 5-6 hours. I wake up feeling horribly sad and sometimes with a racing heart and feeling like I'm not on the same planet. Sometimes it'll stick with me throughout the day, otherwise it'll come and go. I'll usually make it a few hours before I start feeling exhausted again. I'm not talking tired and mentally drained, I mean exhausted like I've been up more than 24 hours. I should knock out for more than 7/8 hours normally feeling like this but I can't seem to stay asleep. It's as if this ugly feeling jolts me awake even though I know I feel asleep. Thinking of things I have to do, even stuff I enjoy that I have planned, makes me feel horrible.
I have some xanax I only use for panic attacks which I really haven't been having and I'm thinking of trying taking some before I knock out so i can stay asleep longer but I'm not sure it'll work. Sleeping pills don't work either, just make me groggier the next day.
I don't know how to approach this, anyone here have experience with long-term sleep deprivation and how to right it? I'd appreciate it.
>>
It's only going to get worse if you keep loosing sleep. This is really bad, it's not like staying up a couple of nights and then "catching up" the following days. It's worse than starving yourself, worse than being dehydrated. Whatever you're doing with your life right now is not worth it. If you have to quit your job to get enough sleep do it. You can find something with fewer hours. Sounds like you're also developing some minor insomnia so the sooner you start sleeping properly the better. Make a sleep schedule and keep to it.
>>
>First off sorry to disappoint but I don't need help with anything concerning dating or dealing with the opposite sex. I know that's mostly what you all care about.
>Anyways I've had problems with depression...
>>
>>17779077
Im trying man
I cut back a lot on my hours and I finished my labs for school so now I really only have to do shit three days out of the week. It does seem like I've started a runaway snowball effect for sure I'm just trying to reverse it before I wind up in the nut house.
Been avoiding caffeine, quit drinking(which blows). I've been thinking of trying 5-htp as I've read lack of sleep causes serotonin problems which cause sleep problems. I use to use it the day after I rolled until I quit that shit and it kinda worked.
>>
>>17779090
When I say depression i mean lethatgy, lack of interest and energy, not feeling bad about my situation.
>>
File: tumblr_nke6zrAfB51t6w45po1_1280.jpg (163KB, 1280x939px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nke6zrAfB51t6w45po1_1280.jpg
163KB, 1280x939px
Hey man. Is there a particular reason for these sleepless nights/panic attacks/stress etc?

It's in our biology to foresee a possible "danger"
We build these huge scenarios in our heads when in reality they are false information/worry.
What "if" this and that happens etc.
The way i deal with it in everyday life is by taking control over my own mind when i suddenly feel nervous/sad or stressed.
There is usually a cause for this sudden flow of emotions.
My technique is mentally telling myself what the issue is, I stop with what i'm doing for a second. And i question myself to seek out the issue. When i find it i will think of a solution.
Take a short break from what i was doing and stabilize. In order to distract myself from this sudden mental discomfort i will also shook myself and look around cause a temporary distraction. I alway remind myself that this is all temporary (And it is). There are great things to achieve out there, a passion. Be in control of yourself. And change up your day to day life a little to break stale patterns that affect the mind.
I think this covers it. The best of luck to you!
>>
>>17779102
Sleeplessness, it's mostly like my own brain jolting me awake. My dreams are pretty uncomfortable too. They aren't particularly bad or stressful, they just have an ugly aura to them. I usually can fall asleep within minutes of laying down but it seems as if always about 5 hours later im jolted awake.
My anxiety problems started after a year of moderate to heavy drug use in 2010/2011. I had a couple bad trips on shrooms and I think it permanently altered my perception on life at the same time I think i overdid it on x-pills.
It's usually not that bad though.
I should probably mention i also get this disturbing deja vu like feeling throughout the day. Its like my brain tries to recall something i know didn't happen accompanied by a brief wave of elation quickly followed by sadness. It's hard to recall if I'm not currently feeling it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.