[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody have advice for learning college Physics? Comp Sci

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1472710118510.jpg (22KB, 338x358px) Image search: [Google]
1472710118510.jpg
22KB, 338x358px
Does anybody have advice for learning college Physics? Comp Sci major who has to take it for pre-requisites, with adequate math skills, but actually understanding every formula is hard for me. Following the professor's advice of "read the book" or viewing physics videos doesn't help, as I learn best by doing (and there's no answers to practice problems in the book)

My professor is absolute garbage in terms of teaching, and I need to ace the final and all homework to even pass. Since he's ass, most of my classmates are clueless too and it doesn't help going to them for help. Like, I can grasp things conceptually, but can never actually figure out how to set up problems.

Anybody else been in a similar boat? What study habits, resources, or things should I do to help understand this subject?
>>
You get a tutor...

I'm an electrical engineer and I had to get a tutor for chemistry because I fucking sucked at it. Just gotta grin and bare it because once youre in industry, you won't be using taht shit anyways.

Also, some things just require a lot of time and dedication to figure out. Just becuase you don't get it right away doesn't mean you can't. It just means you need to spend way more time thinking about it before it clicks.
>>
>>17778395
That's fair, my schedule doesn't normally line-up with the tutoring center's hours, but I'll try to force some time I suppose.

Like, I'll spend 3-5 hours at a time 2-3 days a week trying to study this stuff, and it'll click in some ways but not enough to actually do problems, it's frustrating.
>>
>>17778390

What physics subjects in particular are you taking?

If setting up problems is an issue for you then you could probably find video tutorials on youtube

I can link you some good content if you tell me what subjects you need to learn. I know you said videos don't help you but you could just be looking at some bad tutorials
>>
Get a book that has problems and worked solutions. Maybe an AP Physics prep book. Content for intro physics courses is very standardized.
>>
>>17778390
Same boat here OP. Last test on Mon, Final around the corner. Been working my ass off for this course since day one. Girlfriend tried to teach me (she got an A last year in it) and all we did was squabble. Tried a million online resources, nothing. Finally got a tutor & shit is looking up. Never used a tutor before, hate spending the money, but that's just how physics is and you need to secure the investment made in taking the class, even if it costs a few 100$ extra.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.