[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My older sister is planning on meeting her long distance boyfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0678.jpg (16KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0678.jpg
16KB, 236x236px
My older sister is planning on meeting her long distance boyfriend today and i was supposed to go with her. I agreed to go initially because even though i strongly disapprove of the relationship and had a lot of work to do for school, i didnt want her to go alone.
I found out later that my other sister was going to go too, and then our dad was also going.
I didnt feel like i needed to go anymore because she wouldnt be alone.
I also find out she doesnt even want me to meet the guy, and just wants me to drop her off somewhere with him and then i get stranded for 6 hours waiting for them to be done. I also just didnt want to be in the car with her for four hours since we dont get along that well, and she is very belligerent.
I flaked out this morning, and i feel like a piece of shit for doing it.
Maybe im being a little selfish but she also wasnt honest with me about how the trip would actually go.
How do you say no to family without feeling like a piece of shit?
>>
You stop feeling bad about your decision the moment you realize she didn't tell you the whole truth.
>>
Why are you even interacting with your sister at this point? It sounds like you don't get along at all and she doesn't give a shit about you. Let her do whatever she wants with her life, you worry about yourself.
>>
>>17777982
>How do you say no to family without feeling like a piece of shit?

You say No. You have at least as much right to refuse as she has to ask you, in any situation. In this one you have more right not to be inconvenienced than she has to inconvenience you..
>>
>>17777997
We both still live at home so its difficult to not interact.
Its just so exhausting having to deal with constantly being told im an asshole or selfish because i dont do whatever she wants.
>>
>>17777982
My younger sister is an insufferable lazy piece of shit who only interacts with the rest of the family when she needs something out of them.
My parents apparently love being taken advantage of without ever getting anything but disrespect in return, but I've long cut her out of my life and pretend she no longer exists.
Every now and then in life, a point comes where a man gotta do what a man's gotta do, OP.
>>
update for anyone who sees this: I just got confronted about it and of course its all my fault. This is what i get for saying no. So fucking frustrating
>>
>>17777982
Be the bigger person, but also tell her it's the last time.
>>
When you say No to family you have to mean It, allowing them to walk all over you will only make it worse. You are a person with opinions and feelings, people tend to get lost in their own little world and forget that. Unless they have you by the balls due to living circumstances you should be allowed to voice your opinion.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.