[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to learn new skills >have no actual goals or purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>want to learn new skills
>have no actual goals or purpose for said skills
>feel like learning just for the sake of it is shallow and a waste of time

How do I deal with this feeling?
>>
>>17777885

Find something worth doing. Why would you want to learn? To do something?
>>
>>17777894

Just because i don't have any practical skills. And I feel like a waste of space. But at the same time, I don't have an ideas about what to do, even when I do learn anything.
>>
>>17777897

Then pick something. Even if it's just getting a job to uy something. Get a goal and work towards it.
>>
Learn to work on cars. Start with basic maintenence and work your way up to harder stuff. Trust me, its the best skill you can learn that will pay off the most. As an ase master tech who works at a luxury car dealer, I can say that working on my own cars has saved me more money than anything else I've ever learned. Youtube has a how to for fucking everything now. Look up eric the car guy; middle aged, experienced technician who has how tos for most stuff.

Home maintenance is a good thing to learn too.
>>
>>17777885
Read Aristotle
>>
>>17777885
>feel like learning just for the sake of it is shallow and a waste of time

Learning for the sake of learning is the purest and most deeply satisfying kind.

Learning something just to get a job implicitly degrades the value of the learning, because it has no value in itself, just as a means to an end.

Learning something just because you want to makes the process its own end. Trying something, and succeeding at it just because you wanted to succeed at what you tried, is tremendously satisfying. It's why people climb mountains, or lose weight - learning Spanish or woodworking or gourmet cooking or whatever can be its own reward.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.