[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"We'll keep your resume on file for any future positions"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0697.jpg (21KB, 335x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0697.jpg
21KB, 335x331px
"We'll keep your resume on file for any future positions"

Is this just generic talk for 'don't bother applying for any jobs in the future?"
>>
>>17777552
Depends, both.

Personally the guy might just not be good at rejecting or letting down.

Other hand he might keep your resume on file and give a call for another job.
>>
It can mean "I have a different job for you in mind" but more often than not it actually translates to "You're a shitstain and will not work for me."
>>
Depends a lot on the company.
I've had companies give me calls asking if I was looking for a new position because they still had my resume.
>>
>>17777552
>We'll keep your resume on file for any future positions
means
>We'll throw away your resume as soon as you leave
>>
I've had friends who's info was kept on file for like a year and a half before they were hired, some places really just don't have any positions open.
>>
>>17777552
I've worked in an employment agency. it means 2 things, based on my training.
>we'll notify you when we get an opening that you ACTUALLY qualify for
>we will never hire you. fuck off, kill yourself
>>
>>17777552
Depends, my job likes to keep a stash of resumes for when someone quits

It can also mean fuck off you aren't good enough
>>
Pretty much been answered by others, but just to clarify the bottom line: look elsewhere for work and treat it as a happy surprise if they actually do call you back.
>>
Typically whenever someone says they'll take your resume it usually ends up in the trash. The only sure fire way to land an interview is to speak with a manager and leave a good impression, tell them you've applied online and just wanted to meet in person to get an understanding of who you'll be working with.

Generally people hire other people for two reasons:
>They fit the bill and have a list of accomplishments that show they can get the job done so they'll hire you to impress their management
>They like the person they met and think the job will be more fun with this new hire
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.