[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>working in group with a girl >we have an animation to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Wat.jpg (22KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
Wat.jpg
22KB, 800x583px
>working in group with a girl
>we have an animation to make, and a full file of communication strategy for a company
>I take the animated video, she takes the file, and I tell her to tell me if she needs help on her part
>two days later nothing from her
>overhear her talking to a teacher about how she's doing all the work and i'm just doing the animation (which takes a week)
>she never voiced those concerns to me
>tell her multiple times to tell me what she needs help with
>"oh no anon, it's okay"
>friday she starts giving me stuff to do becausse "we're a group. I shouldn't do this alone"
>it's all stuff I've never done and don't know how. Make something and show it to her. I find it needs work and ask her what i should do
>"oh no it's great like this, leave it"
>she sends messages late last night complaining about how it wasn't done properly and she had to do it again, and how she didn't tell me to change anything because I'm not motivated, and I wouldn't have done it
>proceeds to tell me I have no place there, and that i'm a cunt (no insults from me before or after that. There are better ways)

As of now I took the discussion, sent a mail to our referee teacher and explained my side of things. As calmly and respectfully as I could.

I don't know what else to do. It's like I'm dealing with a crazy person.
>>
Up until her telling you that you're a cunt etc, I thought she was doing the fairly typical passive aggression of a young girl who feels too nervous to give straightforward criticism and doesn't realize how much worse being covert and implicit is.

But I changed my mind. She is obviously seriously troubled. Keep track of everything she sends you. Don't bother saying anything at all to her, clearly she is not remotely sensible.
>>
>>17777487
Thanks for the advice.

I tried to diffuse the bomb and talk, but she doesn't seem to want to.
Thing is I still need a picture from her to finish my part of the work. (picture which I should have had days ago but she keeps putting it off). All i gotta do now is finish the animation, since, like she says "that's all you good for", and pass the oral presentation.
After that i'm out. I basically told the teacher by mail that i continually tried to help, and asked for advice on those subjects I don't understand. That it seems like a lack of communication on both sides, and I regret having to bring her into this. Also i hope it'll go better next time.
>>
>>17777517
No problem. For future reference, you have to nip this shit in the bud. The moment you overheard her talking to her teacher you should have gone to her and tell her something akin to;

>hey femanon, I heard what you said to [teacher], and I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with my level of involvement - however, for the sake of wrapping up this project in a way that we are both happy with, I want to ask you sincerely to please come to me first if you are not content with my work or with the division of work... I cannot step it up and be the partner you want me to be if you don't tell me when I am lacking, and up until now I was under the impression from what you said that all was good

Or similar. Basically, don't be accusative (gets you nowhere but a defensive knee jerk reaction) but make it dead. clear. that she needs to communicate with you in order to get anywhere.

As for the teacher, I think you were a bit too gracious towards the girl. Sure, it sounds like you left it to her to take initiative etc, but it wasn't "a lack of communication on both sides", it was her providing you with communication that made it impossible for you to realize what she really wanted from you. Though it is good to also volunteer what you could've done better, that shows that you are also self-critical and not just pointing fingers. But in this case I would've gone with - she communicated things to me that later turned out to not be accurate, and I recognize that I could've taken a much more active stance here and not just depend on her approval.
>>
>proceeds to tell me I have no place there, and that i'm a cunt
Thats when you say
>cunt? Ill show you a cunt!

pretend there is a soccer ball between her legs and kick that fucker to the moon.
>>
>>17777469
>>17777469
A woman just called you cunt

bwahaha I hope you responded appropriately
>>
>>17777549
>>17777553

She called me that after the full week of work, and waited until the last day, at night, on her computer to tell me that.
I planned on getting the whole conversation to the teacher if need be so I didn't insult her in any way. Simply told her that she has no authority on who belongs in the school, and I hoped we could resolve this without having to resort to insults and violence. I also offered to correct her texts, which are written like a ten year old and have lots of typos, but I simply said "I even offered to correct your many typos, which I didn't get a chance to finish, so send it to me if necessary".

I don't plan on passing for a short fused guy when deliberation happens.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.