[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you even approach a girl you like at work? Do I just ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1471994530758.jpg (8KB, 213x255px) Image search: [Google]
1471994530758.jpg
8KB, 213x255px
How do you even approach a girl you like at work? Do I just ask her if she wants to hang out with me sometime? I'm pretty sure she has a boyfriend but I still want to ask.
>>
>>17777092
GRABgrab her by the
>>
File: 1459663380596.png (629KB, 575x525px) Image search: [Google]
1459663380596.png
629KB, 575x525px
>>17777093
BY THE WHAT
>>
>>17777097
...by the hand and tell her that you want to get to know her better and see if she's keen for coffee
>>
>>17777092
>at work
Don't. It won't end well. Do it somewhere else.
>>
>>17777092
Don't.
Don't shit where you eat.
Don't risk getting a sexual harassment complaint.
Don't risk it working out and everyone knowing your business.
Don't risk only seeing your partner at work some weeks.
Don't risk it all going to shit and being awkward to work together.
>>
>>17777307
>>17777307
^

Don't piss where you drink
Don't dump the bodies of your hunt outside your door
>>
>>17777288
>>17777307
You guys are absolute pussies. It's true that you gotta play it safe, but I've dated several women at my workplace without any issues.

The main main ground rules are:

1. Don't date within your own team (if you're an accountant, go for the secretaries, IT chicks, etc.)
2. Don't date someone in your direct line of control (someone who gets paid more than you is fine, managers are ok as long as they're from a distant enough team, just don't date your manager or your manager's manager, or someone in HR that can make your life hell)
3. Don't be an asshole. Make your intentions clear - if you want to be FWB, say so as early as you can appropriately say it. If you think it's not working, let her know politely and in person, and make it clear that you still want to be friends (pfft you won't be friends, but you need to end on good terms)

Follow those three rules and you're good to go.

>>17777092
As for the original question, it kinda depends on the type of work you're doing and how your workplace works.

An example of how I've done it in the past is that I work out the best way to bump into her (e.g. if she prefers kitchen A, I'll go to kitchen A for snacks and eat there more often until I bump into her). I'd chat with her, get to know her. If I don't like her, I'll move on. If I like her, I'll start inviting her downstairs for coffee with my group of work friends in the morning. Eventually I'll start inviting her alone for afternoon coffee, etc.
>>
>>17777428
To continue, I'd generally let her know that I like her and ask if she has a boyfriend. Generally she wouldn't have a boyfriend, else she wouldn't be coming with me for afternoon coffees. But it's always worth putting it out there since some girls are as blind as most guys are to romantic advances.

From there it's like any other date situation. You can learn the rest with experience or by asking elsewhere. I've done my job, explaining how to approach girls in the workplace lol
>>
>>17777092

Start by approaching her and don't ask her out right away.

But can I be blunt? If you suspect she has a bf and still don't care, this sounds like a crush you want to get out of our system, not someone you actually like. It's like you know it won't work.
>>
If you have reason to believe she has a boyfriend, then don't ask her out, you'll only make a fool of yourself.

If you're just being pessimistic and don't actually know if she has a boyfriend, you need to do a bit of snooping. Find out through casual /conversation, or, if you're too beta to talk to her, listen in to conversations she has with other colleagues. Either way, you need to find out if she's single before you make any sort of move.
>>
>>17777459
>if you're too beta to talk to her, listen in to conversations she has with other colleagues.

If he can't talk with her, how's is he going to ask her out? I always find that part of the plan really cringeworthy. It makes no damn sense.
>>
Maud
Could you get me a
handfull of peanuts
No not those ones, the ones at the bottom
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.