[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My SO of 3 years broke up with me for some really lofty reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

My SO of 3 years broke up with me for some really lofty reason and I'm having trouble coming to terms with it. What's the best way to heal? Should I try and reckon with them? Why does living knowing they don't love me hurt so bad? What do you do when you feel like shit from a breakup?
>>
>>17776819
>really lofy reason

NOW you have to mention it, OP
>>
WHY'D SHE DO IT OP
>>
>>17776819
Eat some ice cream, lean on your friends, and feel sorry for yourself for a while. Presumably this person who dumped you knows you would have preferred not to be dumped, so any reconciliation has to come from them, so don't text them every 5 seconds asking for them back. After a week or so of moping, force yourself to do something positive, like hitting the gym. Start positive self talk - it doesn't feel like it, but ending a relationship that wasn't working (even if you felt like it was working for you) is a good thing. It means you can move on and find someone who suits you better. It feels like the end of the world, I know, but that feeling really will pass. You're going to make it through this.
>>
>>17776822
"Fell out of love," refused to elaborate further.
>>17776838
Thanks, man. This really means a lot to me. I just hope that my time comes again someday because being lonely is so hard when you've had a best friend to depend on for three years.
>>
>>17776849
That's rough, buddy
it will take time to recover
>>
>>17776849
I know. So, so many people have felt exactly the way you feel right now - you aren't alone. Breakups are the worst. It feels like you are going to die, you are completely bereft of any joy, and the feeling of having lost something entirely irreplaceable is so strong. Unfortunately that feeling may take a long time to go away - sometimes it never entirely leaves you. But you can find happiness through other aspects of your life, even if you are lonely right now. You can improve you life in other ways while you heal, whether it is getting more fit, learning a new language, finally quitting the job you hate, learning to cook... I promise that every day will get a little easier until the thought of your ex-partner doesn't completely crush you. The lessons you learned from this relationship will serve you in the next. You know you are capable of it, and it is extremely unlikely that you met the one person in the entire world with whom you are compatible, so you'll meet someone else. Be kind to yourself :).
>>
>>17776862
This really makes me feel a little better, man. Thanks a lot for going out of your way to console me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.