[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you guys believe assisted suicide/euthanasia should be allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Assisted Suicide is not safe.jpg (256KB, 1600x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Assisted Suicide is not safe.jpg
256KB, 1600x1274px
do you guys believe assisted suicide/euthanasia should be allowed for the terminally ill who cannot make decisions for themselves?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>17776391
>who cannot make decisions for themselves?
I am all for assisted suicide, and don't care too much about the reasons but the person definitely should be able to make an informed decision. If they can't it's pretty much murder unless they are in a coma.
>>
how about for people who aren't in a fugitive state but still want to? I know this is a very controversial topic but I feel like people should be offered a painless way out of their own lives rather than resorting to poisonings or self wouds that could be very painful and even fail.
>>
>>17776474
vegetative* not fugitive. sorry have been drinking a little tonight
>>
>>17776391
No. I don't support the cheapening of human life. It's wrong, first of all, and cheapening the value of life will come back to bite us all eventually.
>>
>>17776482
Do you feel the same way about people who make the decision with a clear mind?
>>
>>17776494
I do. Suicide is wrong. I can understand being in pain, and I understand wanting it to end, but I could never kill myself to escape pain, or to escape consequences, or whatever. Assisted suicide is murder and a society that allows it is inviting bad things to happen. Panels deciding who lives and who dies are an inevitability.
>>
>>17776391
I just want them to build Futurama suicide booths already. We should all be allowed to die if it's what we want.
>>
>>17776506
Sounds a bit too extreme. I get the concern about cheapening life and worry about the slippery slope (although the point about you not wanting to go this way is pretty irrelevant) but let's not forget that many people are already killing themselves. Specially in the first world it's one of the main causes of death.

We can help many of them by doing more for mental health but others will still want to kill themselves. Isn't giving them the freedom to decide and dignity to do it in a controlled way a lot better? They will have the time to say farewell to loved ones, who'll get a lot more closure. Alternatively they could paint the walls of their apartment red or ruin the day of some train driver. Or attempt something crazy like suicide by cops, harming more people this way. Besides, somebody taking it in his own hands can fuck up his health even further without sealing the deal and is guaranteed to accomplish social suicide, again further lowering their life quality.

It's a topic that should be approached carefully and the legislation should move slowly but being completely against it seems like a too strong rejection of reality, and does quite a bit harm too.
>>
>>17776518
That shit wouldn't work in our current economical system. Investing thousands in somebodies education and growing up only to have them kill themselves because their crush responded to their message too late would be silly as fuck.
>>
>>17776544
I don't see how making suicide easier and more painless can be a good thing. I think it should stay painful and dangerous. Fewer people will do it.

The slippery slope thing is already happening. People are already essentially being offered monetary incentives to kill themselves. I read an article about a mother, I think this was in America, who had an illness that required heavy treatment, which she knew would be hard on her family's finances, but her insurance was willing to pay for cheap suicide pills. It's pretty sick, and it will only get worse.
>>
Honestly, I don't support it at all, but that goes double for people who can't make decisions for themselves. The default assumption must always be that a person wants to live.
>>
>>17776559
>Fewer people will do it.
Maybe but many already do it anyway, in ways that damage others much more. Besides maybe people will suffer much longer because they wouldn't want to risk failing their attempt. Making others suffer doesn't sound too humane either.

As for the example, well it's Murica where something as essential as health care got turned into a pure business, that affects other types of treatments negatively too because it's completely about the bottom line there. In countries with free healthcare that problem is minimal and would only affect the inheritance happy people.

Besides, it can be avoided with simple legislation like "the patient must attempt any reasonable cure first and the insurance is obliged to pay before assisted suicide becomes an option". If the legal basis is sound, the slippery slope becomes a lot less slippery.
>>
>>17776391
i believe in it for people who can still make decisions for themselves. when you start making those choices for others that gets a little trickier
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.