[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to run away to a giant city like la or NYC with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0036.jpg (204KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
204KB, 900x675px
Is it possible to run away to a giant city like la or NYC with nothing and figure something out? Please I need to be a celebrity
>>
>>17776061
>Is it possible to run away to a giant city like la or NYC with nothing and figure something out?

Possible but unlikely. Do you have any real skills or talent?

>Please I need to be a celebrity
Why?
>>
>>17776061
Cool. Make a documentary with your phone camera called, my life as a retard
>>
>>17776067
Because I've been playing music ritualistically and obsessively since I was very young and got an autistic obsession with it.

It just recently came to my attention that you need to be in or around a major city to even have a chance at being noticed for a chance to do anything.
>>
>>17776069
I would watch that.
>>
>>17776061
Drugs and prostitution.
I'm taking bets so let me know how this turns out.
>>
>>17776083
No don't go they have enough musicians
>>
Everytime I think of people coming to NYC to make it big I think of my cousins autistic friend boy who came here from wherever to make it big acting. He is too stuck up to take any work though....his niche is those shitty 70s karate movies. Literally cant do anything else.
>>
>>17776108
How is that relevant to other actors? How is he even affording that shitventure?
>>
>>17776168
Working p/t and living in an apartment with 3 other people.
>>
>>17776061
>Is it possible to run away to a giant city like la or NYC with nothing and figure something out?
Yes.

"Figure something out" does not mean becoming a celebrity. You should try though, maybe a nice shot of reality will force you to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>17776181
So I can take the bus to NYC and as long as I fit a ton of people in an apartment I can live there? Is it 3 people in a 3br or 3 people in a one bed?
>>
>>17776083
Bro you can be a homeless busker in any town don't worry about it

In nyc you would be stabbed and a hobo would steal your instruments.

Why do you want to be a celebrity? The lifestyle is shit. Money buys you all the luxury without the lifestyle and scrutiny. Just go get a real degree and work a real job and then pursue music on the side.
>>
>>17776381
How is college and a regular job better then being a musician lol
>>
Agent assistant here, although not music.

>>17776083
No, you just have to have talent. The market is oversaturated, but it's oversaturated with trash. Being genuinely talented is what makes you stick out.

>>17776394
Musician - $300 a year in tips
Any other job - actual stable income
>>
>>17776431
To add: most people think they have the talent to make it, but no, they don't.
>>
>>17776061
That's not how it works in 2016. Use the fucking Internet, become famous while jerking off to anime on your other screen.
>>
>>17776061
>Please I need to be a celebrity
Gave me a proper laugh op. Seriously, the odds are severely against you unless you have amazing talent in many areas. What qualifications do you have? How much acting experience do you have? Singing/music experience? Dancing experience? Stand-up experience? Story writing experience?

Any of theses could be on your own, in a class, community setting, professional one etc..

If you dont have any experience in any of these then develop some skills before putting yourself out of your own depth.
>>
>>17776453
This. People are becoming famous for funny vines or snapchats or whatever. There is no more ' I was discovered at a bar in LA' stories like the 80s. Its a different time.

And OP if u come to NYc right now. Its cold as fuck. If you were ever to actually pursue this, come in spring time.
>>
>>17776431
This, I work with musicians at my job (assistant manager in a music store/lessons center) and these fuckers are really talented and I make more than them unless they have a completely full schedule and I haven't finished college yet..
>>
>>17776083
Musicians are a dime a dozen. Unless you can add at least two of the three acting/comedy/dancing/composing/singing your odds are slim.
>>
>>17776461
I don't need to be major there's some many random musicians I hear about no one knows and they live it pretty easy and get to travel and shit
>>
>>17776488
Yeah, but they sing and write there own music. Playing an instrument and writing quality music are entirely different planets. Not to discourage you, but know that it takes much more than you expect. Prepare yourself more readily and make a serious stab at it when you are fully prepared.
>>
>>17776488
To put it into perspective i have a family member who makes a living on the west coast as a musician. He worked at a record store to support himself for the first 8 years of his music career before he could support himself in any way. And even now he lives well below the poverty line, and has been for 2 decades.
>>
>>17776061
I just read an article about how a 2 hour commute is becoming the normal in big cities in the UK. One guy kept his place in Barcelona and flew over to London for work. It was cheaper than living there.

Don't know about the US but that's something you might want to consider.
>>
>>17776394
Money. You won't make money as a musician in this day and age except if you were truly exceptional in which case you should prove it
>>
>>17776513
Fuck life i hate it all I'm gonna give it one try and then I'm gonna start killing the privileged

Everyone in the city will die. Soon.
>>
>>17776513
Source? This sounds interesting.
>>
>>17776513
So pretty much what you're telling me is it's impossible to live in a city without either paying 2200/mo for a basement with no electricity or afford a $400 plane ride every day.

I'd rather come kill all you cock suckers with a uzi or auto rifle for having everything I want. Say goodnight ;)
>>
You should be creative and gain an online following from some vital shit

If you do that you are justified on the move otherwise I don't see the point desu
>>
>>17777065
>good mourning
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.