[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I want to see someone so I can get help with my self-loathing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1477369390345.gif (2MB, 1208x860px)
1477369390345.gif
2MB, 1208x860px
So, I want to see someone so I can get help with my self-loathing and other personality issues. I'm not sure what I mean by "someone," though.

What's the difference between a therapist, a counselor, a social worker, and a psychologist?
>>
>>17775926

a therapists gives therapy. they talk about your issues and work through them. you dont need any illness or even trauma to need to see a therapist, they are simply there to help people who are going through social / emotional issues. in some cases they are basically just advisors. i recommend them, but you have to be careful to find a good one.

>social worker

this is someone assigned by the state to do something, so usually it means you're poor, abused, or a child in a bad situation. this is not what you're looking for.

>psychologist

psychologists act a lot like therapists, but their focus is more on figuring out if theres a specific phenomenon. i dont recommend them cuz even if you're fine they'll take a minute problem and blow it up to be a mental disorder and treat it as a disorder instead of the problem in front of you.

for example you may be sad cuz your mom died and instead of talking you through the greiving process just assign pills to correct the hormones.

counselor has many definitions if you're in school they kinda just 'counsel' you but i havent heard of anyone seeing a counselor outside of school unless its like a marriage counselor. or a drug counselor
>>
>>17775931
So I'm not looking for a social worker, and a psychologist doesn't sound helpful.

That leaves therapist and counselor. I am unsure of what to do with my life, though. I don't know if I want to continue college or what, but I also have broader emotional problems. Should I see more than one person?
>>
>>17776886
>I am unsure of what to do with my life
>I don't know if I want to continue college or what
what's your age and what are you going to college for?
>>
>>17776904
I'm turning 21 in a month. I was going to college to major in English, but I commuted 3 hours every day, 5 days a week, and it was exhausting. I got an A- in my English class first semester, but a D- in my second semester. I took a break and am currently taking online courses from a community college, but I'm getting kind of stir crazy/cabin fevery.
>>
>>17777044
>I was going to college to major in English
did you pick that at random?

or did you actually have a reason to major in English?

>but I'm getting kind of stir crazy/cabin fevery
>even with internet access
literally normie behavior
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.