[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ I have some issue with my dog. He is a jack russell/pinscher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hi /adv/ I have some issue with my dog.

He is a jack russell/pinscher mix, looks a lot like pic related. Two years old. Male (still has his balls on).

He is intelligent and usually not aggressive though he can be very energic and get hyperexcited easily.

When people come to my house he is cautious at first, then after a bit he starts to lean on them with his paws as if he's looking for cuddles, but when they start to pet him he turns to be very aggressive and tries to bite them while growling loudly.

I can't understand this behaviour as he's not been isolated at all, I always walk him also in places where you can meet people. Outside our house he does it a little less, but still happens sometimes.

He's completely submissive to me, always listens and never bit me (only playfully at most). I could really do anything to him and he'd stay calm. He bit a couple of times my sister and my brother though, for no apparent reason or because they annoyed him.

What can I do about this? I want to stop him from biting people at random.
>>
>>17775320
>still has his balls on
you shouldn't be allowed to own animals
>>
>>17775320
Positive reinforcement. You will need to find people he is not familiar with and reward him for being good to them (being nice) and don't give him any attention while he is being a little shit.
Just basic dog training stuff. Could be he simply misunderstands peoples intentions. Or you misunderstand his. In any case treat with standard dog training advice. Encourage good behaviour. If he likes Toys then get people he is unfamiliar with to play with him with his Toys. This will hopefully get him to associate these people with fun. If food motivated him then do similar. Though don't overfeed. a literal fingernail of a treat is more than enough to motivate and satisfy a dog for training purposes.
>>
>>17775340
Why so? It's not mandatory to castrate dogs here. Gonna do it in some time to prevent prostate diseases though.
>>
>>17775362
He bite my neighbour who was giving him a biscuit one time. I already do this but will be more constant, thanks
>>
>>17775367
*bit, sorry, not an English native
>>
>>17775363
The sooner the better. He will learn to do things like Mark territory by compulsion. You don't want that. Get him neutered as soon as possible (generally around 6 to 8 months) unless you plan to use him as a sire.
>>
>>17775367
Was maybe a mistake it him getting territorial over food. Get rid of his gonads already to prevent territorial problems like this.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.