[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I going to be okay? >27 >Had GF of 5 years >She

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1466267173776.jpg (1MB, 2048x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1466267173776.jpg
1MB, 2048x1356px
Am I going to be okay?

>27
>Had GF of 5 years
>She died in a car crash, she was hit by a drunk driver on the freeway
>That was 3 days ago
>Haven't done anything since, just sat around staring at the wall

I've slept about 2 hours since it happened. I've started to hallucinate, and I'm seeing her.

Trying my best not to off myself right now. What should I do?
>>
>>17774567
I don't know her and I know this is going to come off as cheesy but don't off yourself. She wanted you to be happy alive. Live for her and do good for her.

Considering this was recently I can understand if you want time to take it in, that reality is happening right now. Grief and such. Do that and once you are done carry on.

I'm sorry Anon
>>
>>17774567
Go see a grief councillor. this shit could last you a lifetime if you don't get it sorted and you definitely seem to be having a mental health emergency from the grief it is causing you.
>>
>>17774567
Talk to a doctor. You're going through a lot and you can't (and shouldn't) handle this alone.
I am really sorry, OP.
>>
File: 4yVjzfO.jpg (321KB, 1000x657px) Image search: [Google]
4yVjzfO.jpg
321KB, 1000x657px
You need to talk to a human being and let your feelings out in a constructive manner.

You can get through this, what you are experiencing is a normal reaction to the death of a loved one.

I believe in you anon.
>>
File: therethere.jpg (175KB, 483x720px) Image search: [Google]
therethere.jpg
175KB, 483x720px
>>17774567
>>
>>17774567
F
i cant help you, unfortunately. but i can extend the sympathies of an anonymous stranger on the internet.
keep your head up, anon. its what she would want.
>>
Suicide hotlines have helped me in the past. But for long term help, you might want to consider seeing a therapist for a few months or a year. However long it takes. But definitely make weekly appointments if you can afford it. Look into free clinics that offer therapists and support if you don't have the money.
Google blogs written by people who have gone through similar things. It's always helpful to know someone has felt similarly.

Best wishes to you OP. I wish for the fastest recovery possible. I'm sorry this happened.
>>
You should keep living, because someone's got to.
>>
>>17774567
>Am I going to be okay?
Yes. But it's up to you.
>>
File: 1460473238917.jpg (19KB, 620x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460473238917.jpg
19KB, 620x200px
>>17774567
>>She died in a car crash

shit m8
We're here for you. It seems you'll live for a long time.
>>
>>17774567
Remember the good times. Some live their entire lives alone. At least you had five years.
>>
>>17774567
Seriously?

I'm 29, been in the military and have seen people die. What you have just described would mess me up.

You NEED to see someone.
>>
>>17774567
OP, I am so sorry.

In a time far enough from now though, I can promise that you will be okay. You need time to think, think about her, how much you loved her and she loved you. Think about how devastated she would be to know that you decided to end your life. I know it's so hard, it feels awful. But there are so many people who care about you, even me, someone who doesn't even know you. I care about my fellow anons. Let us know how you are coping, and please try to get some rest, and irl help as well.
>>
>>17774567
hey dude, i went through something similar. hope you handle it better than i did.

the pain might have a bit less sting over time but thats about it, that shit hurts forever.

that surreal feeling where you're still trying to figure out what the fuck happened, what you could have done differently and where you go from here sorta fades out into general hopelessness though.
>>
>>17774567
You need to fucking sleep. Melatonin, xanax, whatever. Lack of sleep increases stress and suicidal thoughts. Plus are causing your hallucinations.

Go to sleep. It won't be any shittier in the morning.
>>
this has always been my biggest fear. i dont know what you are feeling because ive never been in love or even loss to this degree. i think what some of the other anons are saying is good, that she would want you to live. of course you wont be happy right now or even in the near future because this is a big deal. if you dont feel suicidal but you just want to talk there are plenty of site where you can just talk to people. thee are commonly referred to as "warm lines" instead of a hotline. just to have a comforting conversation with someone. just think about if you were her, you would want her to be happy right? even if it was hard? people say that there are tricks to magically getting better or being happy but in my life i have found that the best healer is time. the times ahead are going to be rough, there is no doubting that. think about her often, think of the good times, live with purpose, and live for her. this is a cruel world and we are lucky when we get to live in it with someone even if just for a little while. we love you, and so does she
>>
My brother killed himself a week after losing his wife.

Even though I miss him, I honestly think it was for the better. He was so damn fucked up it was unreal.

I think if you genuinely want to die, you have the right to kill yourself, but if you think you can get stronger and possibly help others in the same situation, then you should. Because honestly, you're never not going to be fucked up from this, and it will always hurt.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.