[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr: How much control should your bf/gf/wife/husband have over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 2

File: bald.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bald.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
tl;dr: How much control should your bf/gf/wife/husband have over your fashion choices or things you do with your body?

I'm freshly single. I've always wanted to try shaving my head, and about a week ago I was pretty heavily drunk, and it gave me the courage to just hack all my hair off. It was very impulsive, but I've always wished I had the courage to just do it. Literally the moment my bf saw it, he blew up on me, saying how ridiculous it is that I'd do that without even checking with him. I had hair down to my mid back, and now it's barely the length of a 5 o'clock shadow. He broke up with me pretty much immediately.

Am I being dumb for expecting someone I'm in a relationship with to accept these kind of choices? Pic is my length, but obviously not me.

PS: I absolutely love it this way.
>>
He probably thinks you joined a cult or started browsing /pol/
>>
>>17774455
It's your choice to do whatever you want with your body. It's his choice to leave you if you do something disgusting with it.
>>
>>17774455
I have a friend with a shaved head who's dating a pretty chick who also shaved her head. Dude sounds depressed when talking to me. He cheats on her semi regularly though, apparently she doesn't know though it should be obvious why.
>>
>>17774455
You are fine. If he dumps you so immediately after such a petty thing, he was never worth your time in the first place.

If you've been with someone long enough, i would say yeah at least drop the hint that something like that interests you. But in the end the decision is yours. Sure i'd be shocked and a little frustrated i didnt hear you had an interest in doing such a thing, but i wouldnt dump you. That would be a silly and childish move, hence your ex.

You are not dumb, a healthy relationship should not be ended on such a trivial action. He is a lame person.
>>
>>17774458

Basically this.
If you're gonna be a bald woman you're going to limit your options. Few men go for alternative style women
>>
>>17774458
>>17774466
I'm not really complaining that he dumped me. I'm more curious how much control people expect over their partners style decisions.

He knew I really wanted to do it, but that didn't seem to bother him, as long as I didn't do it.
>>
>>17774464
>If he dumps you so immediately after such a petty thing, he was never worth your time in the first place

lmao :'D
>>
Precisely 0 control. It's your body.
My general rule is "look out for number 1" which, of course, is yourself.

Fuck weak boys that can deal with changes.

(I've been wanting to cut my hair into a Mohawk for literally years. Like, coming close to ten. Everytime I mention it my boyfriend makes a face that clearly says he'd hate it. I might do it before I break up with him to see if he would do it first)
>>
>>17774471
You're either attempting to make a philosophical question or just trying to phrase this in such a way that everyone will agree with you and give you validation. The answer still stands: each person is free to do what they want with their body, and each person is free to reject anyone else.
>>
>>17774477
It's much more the former. I don't really care if people agree with me. What's done is done.

>>17774476
Your pillow will never feel as soft as when you lay on it with the bald sides of your head. It's pretty great.
>>
>>17774455
Person to person, you never need to justify dumping anyone. Do whatever you think will lead to more happiness. However if a promise was made such as in the commitment of marriage, ending that commitment based upon a change in appearance would be unethical.
>>
>>17774476
Weak boys. You can't even cut your hair without social consensus.
>>
They should not be able to force you to do certain things.

They are however perfectly entitled to say something is a dealbreaker and they will leave you if you go through with it. It's not really surprising your boyfriend left you all considering. You made a drastic change that's generally considered unattractive and never thought about him. I mean yeah I have the right to become a fat sack of shit but it would be dumb to fault a woman if she left me over it.

For me minor hair changes or small tattoos are whatever, but if she wanted to go from say back length hair to that manic pixie cut or worse or get an entire sleeve tattoo I'd expect to be consulted before she went with it. At the very least not talking to your partner about such a drastic change indicates a level of disrespect.

>>17774476
>Fuck weak boys that can deal with changes.
He can deal with it, he dealt with it by leaving. It's kind of silly to call him weak when you keep pussyfooting about a haircut.
>>
>>17774455
It depends. Don't listen to that "your body, your choice" gateway drug. I mean, they do have a point but don't let that philosophy into your relationship, you should have as much control as your boyfriend does. Shaving your head is to be surprising for him, its a change, everyone is surprised at change. He should have been more adult and talked it over with you asking why you did what you did or why you felt like shaving your head. "i just wanted to always do eet" is not an excuse, I don't use that excuse, nobody should use it.
>>
eh, who gives a shit about that controlling bastard. lol. Being single = freedom. enjoy your life.
>>
>>17774455
Well women in a society are expected to play a role in preserving said society. That include norms such as clothing, mannerisms, style, values/traditions even language.

He was with you because you fit his ideal model of a woman. Though you may think you were being "free" or impulsive or rebellious (even for a little while), it is completely repulsive to some people.

While he cannot control your body or actions, you both had come to an agreement regarding the way you are to behave towards each other. Cutting your hair off in a way that displeases his image of you can be extremely off-putting and you shouldn't be surprised it is enough to have someone break up with you. It just shows he is deeply traditional/oldschool and perhaps maybe you prefer more "alternative" partners that are more willing to put up with your bullshit.
>>
>>17774479
Bullshit

If you wanted an intelligent discussion, you would have phrased this in terms of dealbreakers. The fact that you positioned this as an issue of control shows very clearly that you are attempting to get people to validate you. There is no control involved: you did something that was a dealbreaker to him, and he left you.
>>
>>17774455
No control, I wouldn't let my boyfriend decide anything about my looks.
But, on the other hand, I think it is necessary to talk, especially about major changes - if I shaved my head or dyed my hair blonde it would change the way I look a lot, and I'd like to be sure my boyfriend would still like me physically before doing it.
His opinion obviously matters, even if the final decision is mine.
>>
>>17774471
>I'm more curious how much control people expect over their partners style decision's
>their partner's style decisions
>their partner's... ...decisions

you pretty much revealed to him with a single action that you're impulsive and that his opinions and thoughts don't really matter to you.

And if your partner doesn't care about your thoughts and opinions then there is no relationship

the fact you only think it was about your choice of hair style shows how short sighted you are

>>17774477
>each person is free to do what they want
and should accept the consequences of those actions whether they are aware of them or not

>>17774549
SHE should have been more adult and talked it over with him explaining why she felt like shaving her head

>"i just wanted to always do eet" is not an excuse
> I've always wanted to try shaving my head
was literally her response

>>17774556
hello, crazy cat lady
>>
>>17774610
Um. Pardon me but you contradicted yourself back there. Hope everything's okay. Have a nice day!
>>
>>17774653
Nope, I did not.
My boyfriend cannot decide the way I look going against my will. That is controlling. This means that if he wanted me to shave my head and I didn't want to, I wouldn't shave it.

But I also want my boyfriend to find me physically attractive and I try to please him and compromise (like he does) - I take both our opinions in consideration. If I feel okay with long hair and would feel awesome with shaved head, and he thinks I'm okay with long hair and ugly with shaved head, I'd go for a compromise that made us both happy - long hair.
>>
>>17774610
>dyed my hair blonde
lol trash
>>
>>17774651
>the choices I make for my body become a committee decision the moment I'm in a relationship
Found the autist
>>
>>17774667
Thinks you're ugly without hair.
Conform to his beauty standards by free will.
Of course you're independent girl.
What was I thinking with logic and shit.
I'm off today.
>>
>>17774455
There is no "Should"
You give them as much control as you feel comfortable giving.
>>
>>17774703
Why would I make myself ugly for the man I have chosen to date?
I obviously want to find a compromise and look in a way that both me and my boyfriend can appreciate, even if it means not being at my ideal.
I don't care about "being independent" for the sake of it, I care about being in a loving, happy relationship and compromising is important to have it. If you cannot compromise on something so superficial and small as a haircut, what will you do when real disagreements come?

You're not being logical, you're being unreasonable. Relationship between two people require some level of compromise. No one but a kid would think that being in a LTR requires no effort, no compromise, no sacrifice whatsoever.
>>
>>17774702
They sure are fucking about. Takes a committee. Next you know it will be a town hall event. Sheesh.
>>
>>17774455
It is totally your choice but it is also a dick move to do that without at least telling him
>>
>>17774455
On the one hand, it's pretty lame to break up with someone just because they shaved their head. Honestly, it sounds like there's something more to this story, because while this is a pretty big thing that you did, it's not breakup-worthy on its own.

On the other hand, you're pretty stupid if you think shaving your head without consulting your significant other is going to not cause any issues.
>>
>>17774702
>the choices I make for my body
>my body

first it was your "style", now it's about your body

we call that moving goalposts

And you seem to oh so conveniently overlooked the fact that I wasn't talking about your body or hair, but your poor decision making and the fact you just can't seem to get over being dumped

did your ex even need you?
if he can just dump you over your hair style
you obviously weren't very important to him
where's your actual worth?
if your hairstyle is such a big deal for you, you have no business saying it shouldn't be a big deal too him

because when your in a real relationship
then a big deal for you is a big deal for him

living together and fucking, is not a relationship
if you think it is then you have a lot of growing up in the real world to do.

you vapid child
>>
>>17774711
So you think you're ugly too, without hair.
Glad you both agree on that.
Compromise.
Makes sense now that we're on the same page here.
>>
>>17774768
Sweetheart, it was an example. I could have made the same example with clothes, make up, whatever.
The point is that it is important to maintain physical attraction and compromise about things to make a relationship work in the long term, and changing majorly your appearance without asking your partner if he'd be fine with it is a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>17774775
jon and OP just don't seem to understand the concept of "principles"

jon has sociopath in his name so he gets a free pass

OP doesn't want to believe that she's in anyway accountable for what happened to her, and wants the internet to tell her so. Just so she could go on believing that the consequences of her decisions aren't her fault in the slightest
>>
>>17774775
You know what gets me, married couples who six months in one of them becomes terminally ill. That has got to suck. I mean who knows how long that cancer is going to take. What is the other person to do just waste away the best years of their life? I mean you could hope for a hot nurse or doctor. Probably start a charity. I think that would increase your dating pool significantly at that point. Hopefully the spouse will be in a wheelchair. That would be some fantastic sex.
>>
>>17774775
Cancer. What a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>17774811
>>17774815
Strawman argument. What a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>17774811
>Hopefully the spouse will be in a wheelchair. That would be some fantastic sex.

three words:

"Cancer Patient Orgy"

The Final Frontier
>>
>>17774762
>red herring
>ad hominem
>false dichotomy
ok kid. Have fun crying into the void; I have better things to do than educate children.
>>
>>17774824
Mrph chik-fi-la nuggets for dinna damnit
>>
>>17774830
haha, wat

Since when is opinion subject to fallacy?
>>
>>17774455
So, no you dont get that kind of control in a healthy relationship.

My gf did the same thing, people stared at us when we went out and it was terrible for both of us. I told her not to do it. The only thing that happened because of it was we didnt go out much if at all.

But I found out I have a thing for short hair so it was pretty cool in the end.
>>
>>17774667

Read about mutually exclusive events in probability.

I'd say your two events are mutually exclusive and maybe your boyfriend would too. In which case you can't really affect the outcome.

Then read about overlapping events.

Now that you know what overlapping events are insert a third event into the equation. ie. being less of a bitch. Assuming the third event allows you to be attractive to your boyfriend AND have a shave head. Then maybe you have your answer.

Now read about compromise.

You can play around with lots of other events and think real hard if you can compromise and find events you are willing to do that make you attractive to your boyfriend. And lets assume that this is enough for your boyfriend to still find you attractive. I can give you some examples... 1. Be less of a bitch 2. Buy a wig 3. Bring another women (preferably with hair) into the relationship.

Remember there are things that can make you more unattractive to your boyfriend too. Here are 3 examples: 1. Shouting at him. 2. Being drunk 3. Tattoos. 4. Starting sentences with 'Sweetheart'.

As you can see it's all getting very complicated now... From the questions you asked you don't seem to have the tools to tackle the philosophical part of your problem. So please check up on those things above and then get back to us if you can think of any events you can add to the equation and let us know what you think they are.

We can start a points system and start applying values to the events and I am sure there is a set of conditions that can be met to work this out for you where you still get to do what you want.
>>
>>17774935
I've read your post 3 times and I still cannot fully understand what the fuck you're trying to say.

I am not OP. I didn't even ask any question, and I am not looking for solutions or answers. My post was purely hypothetical and I still have my hair and a boyfriend who actually likes my haircut.
My post was just an example and I could have made the same exact example with any other thing. I was pointing out how it is generally a good idea to ask your partner before majorly changing the way you look, and making an example about a controlling behaviour (i.e. boyfriend wants to shave my head, I do not want to shave my head) and a healthy compromise (i.e. my boyfriend doesn't like shaven head, I do like it, we both like long hair, we go for it).
>>
>>17774966
That fella was taking a piss.
Great place for it this thread.
I was here early pissing about as well.
>>
>>17774455
Fucking zero. Your body, your choice. Obviously it's also the choice of the partner to react towards your choices. How the fuck does 4chan always manage to turn something very clear into a discussion?

>Am I being dumb for expecting someone I'm in a relationship with to accept these kind of choices?
That means that you're a normal fucking human. People who let their partner decide shit for them are dumb.
>>
Shaved/short hair is hot on women. His loss, OP.
>>
>>17774455
Anybody who defends you here is a fucking whiteknighting faggot who has never been in a relationship past highschool/longer than 2 weeks. In a long term relationship making a large change like that is ALWAYS something you run by your SO. Without question. Just doing shit like that without saying a word shows how entirely you misunderstand the relationship that you have with that person, and his leaving you was likely far less about your hair and more about the implication of you doing something like that without giving enough thought to even run it past them.
>>
>>17775071
>large charge
>haircut
Nigga, have you even been in a HS relationship?
>>
>>17775081
Shaving your head is a big change in the way you look.
I can't really think of another sudden and big change like going from long hair to bald.
>>
>>17775084
In the same way heavy make up or something weird to dress would. It's temporary shit without actual effect.

If she lost her job as a bank clerk because of it and they you'd have to pay for her while she looks for another; that's a massive change.
>>
>>17775081
Yo man, making a large change to your appearance means nothing in real life. It has 0 affect on how people perceive you in the workplace and it certainly has 0 affect on how attractive your partner may find you. 0 importance. And as I said, it is far more about the implications of making a change without any input from your partner. If it isn't a long term (read: actually long term, BARE minimum a year but really more for 2-3+) then who cares what happens, your relationship probably doesn't matter anyway. My comment is more about actual committed relationships. Also, if you are under 27 stop being in relationships in the first place.
>>
>>17775092
Beside it takes months/years to grow hair back and minutes to take off a dress or wash your face.
It's a pretty radical and medium term change in terms of looks, and it might happen that your partner isn't into it as much as you are, and in general it is pretty inconsiderate to radically change yourself without even mentioning it or asking.
>>
>>17774455
>Am I being dumb for expecting someone I'm in a relationship with to accept these kind of choices?

well that's a simple question. Yes.
>>
>>17775092
going from mid-back length hair to bald is 1-2 years grow time. Stop being a fucking idiot. In the real world that shit is viewed as an extreme change.
>>
Have you thought of it other way around? Think of something he would do that you thought doesn't look good on him or in general in men. Grow excessively long hair, start to use make up, color his hair in a color you would not approve of, tattoo his whole body or some parts of it or what ever you really would not like. Those are just examples and if you are completely fine with everything still understand that most people wouldn't be.
No one can force you not to do something like that but if you are in a relationship with them you should be adult enough and have a conversation about it and you should accept the possibility that they find you really repulsively unattractive after you do change like that.

You should have discussed it in length and your partner should have a say with these things. You kind of ghosted him on this thing like he was just a random person and not a big part of your life.
>>
>>17775096
>how people perceive you in the workplace
Wrote in another post how it CAN have an effect. If she's at a job where her hair is relevant and decides to cut it, there's a larger problem.

>how attractive your partner may find you
Unless he's some hair fetishist, the effect won't be too strong. She looks slightly different now, big fucking deal. If that decides how you view her a person, the relationshit never had a chance.

> implications of making a change without any input from your partner.
You're not buying a fucking house for his money or do something that was agreed on as no go as joining a bukake party. You're doing a temporary change to your appearance. Besides it's not even something like getting fat, it's bound to grow back in time.

Would you ask your partners permission to repaint your personal work room or your car? It's fucking cray.

>actual committed relationships.
>committed relationship means you can't decide anything yourself
That's what you get in prison or when being together with a control freak. Sorry to disappoint but most people aren't like that.

>if you are under 27 stop being in relationships in the first place
Solid sentiment although short-sighted. If you're under 27, one should not expect too much from a relationship with another kid, it'd be still silly to avoid them and pass on experience.

>>17775104
>Beside it takes months/years to grow hair back and minutes to take off a dress or wash your face.
What if she insists on the make up and the shitty dress all the time?
>>
>>17775124
>What if she insists on the make up and the shitty dress all the time?
I honestly can talk to my partner about what I like and what I dislike, and we try to accommodate each other's wishes as much as they're compatible with our own taste. If he kept doing something I found really off-putting and didn't want to listen to me and try to compromise, I'd just find someone else. I don't want to be with someone I find repulsive physically.
>>
>>17775139
>we try to accommodate each other's wishes as much as they're compatible with our own taste
>as much as they're compatible with our own taste
The important point here. If she really wants it, there is not reason not to do it and submit to the partners wishes fully. Obviously the other partner has no reason to stick with her if she does something they see as a total deal breaker ... which makes the whole thing a non issue.

It's not like OP bitched about her bf leaving her.
>>
>>17775146
Of course she's not morally obligated to do what her boyfriend wants, but he's not morally obligated to stay with her if she looks ugly to him now.
I think that the fact that she changed herself radically and suddenly without even asking his opinion on the matter or discussing this with him is a bit shitty.

And OP's post painted her boyfriend like a controlling asshole and wanted to be reassured about how she wasn't being "dumb" for expecting her boyfriend to accept her, while in my opinion she kind of is.
>>
This thread is hella stupid.
>>
>>17775196
I know. It's wonderful. Thought it would die long ago.
>>
>>17774455
Completely your choice what to do with your body.
Completely his choice if he finds you repulsive and breaks up.

Would be the same as if you put on 200 lbs of fat. Your choice to do so, his choice to bolt. The only way he'd be an asshole is if it was out of your control, like if you had cancer.
>>
>>17774651
Whoah level headedness? It's nice to see you again
>>
>>17774464
You aint going to whiteknight your way into that pussy.
>>
It's YOUR hair. Someone who loves you would love you bald too. Get your life, girl.
>>
>>17774651
That's the most intelligent comment I've read all day. Cheers, bro.
>>
Drastically changing your appearance is a test of whether your SO is really into you. If you change something and he stays it means he really loves you. If he leaves he is fickle and never really wanted you in the first place.
>>
>>17776099
What if it is not your appearance, but the fact that you are childishly shittesting him that he finds a turn off? Stop being a teenage girl.
>>
No one has any control over another, but in my opinion a good partner takes in their partner's feelings and thoughts and opinions into heavy consideration, in all aspects including appearance, depending on how long term the relationship is. You wouldn't just up and move cities and then be shocked he dumped you for it without discussing it with him, coming to some sort of agreement, etc.
Would you not want your partner to discuss and reach a conclusion with you on big decisions before they do it? Impulsively quit a job? Move? It might be to different degrees, but it's a courtesy that I and I think most people would probably expect in a relationship.
Either way what he did was not controlling. You made a decision for yourself, and he made a decision for himself based on yours.
If you see yourself with someone long term, it's best to discuss semi-significant decisions regardless of what it is. It shows you value and respect them, and a conversation could dictate that while they don't approve, because they value and respect you they'll understand the decision you made. Either way, springing things on people you're close to is never really a very nice thing to do.

Be courteous.
>>
Cool and whatever that you cut your hair to buzz-bald state.

Not cool that you just did it without talking about it to your bf. Shows you are selfish, and that is coming from a girl named 'Ass Mask' on 4chen.
>>
>>17774455
You should have checked with him. How would you like it if he got a swastika tattoo or something without telling you.

Everything in a relationship should be mentioned at least, if not asked.
>>
>>17774471
He knew you wanted to do it and didn't care. But you also knew he wouldn't like it and didn't care. You're both selfish and were right to break up.

Generally they don't have control but you don't do something you know they'd hate. It's rude and uncaring.
>>
>>17775169
>And OP's post painted her boyfriend like a controlling asshole and wanted to be reassured about how she wasn't being "dumb" for expecting her boyfriend to accept her, while in my opinion she kind of is.
I'm kind of amazed at how many comments are trying to stroke her ego. It's like people don't want to admit you're accountable to another person when you're in an actual relationship.
>>
Feminism is making women be more like socially awkward men. "I do what I want because I'm stronk"
How about being adult and realizing when you are in a relationship you should talk to the person you are with about things and not treat them like strangers with no say in your life.

It does not mean they can decide and choose what you do. Read that last sentence again. But its in no way wrong of them to break up with you if you do something they strongly are against. If they find you unattractive after that then that's just how it is. Its not conscious decision.
Its really autistic of you to think you should just shave your head without discussing it with your partner. Don't get blinded by "I'm a female and can do anything I want" attitude because that just makes you a social retard. It's true you can do that stuff same way I can act like a creep and weirdo to women but thats not what I should do
>>
>>17774966

Am I being dumb for expecting someone I'm in a relationship with to accept these kind of choices? Pic is my length, but obviously not me.

I wrote the mutual exclusive thing. Women with long hair are more attractive than women with short hair. It's almost as clear as day why, the same that obese people being less attractive. Things like microscopic breasts, having an unusually small penis or a mantlepiece forehead whatever aren't really choices so you can't judge someone morally on this. When you look at the entire situation she puts forward it's more concerning that she made a decision (which she knew was a big one because she thought about doing it before and decided against it) while she was drunk. I mean drunken courage... what is that? I'd be more concerned about that than the actually decision she made. I mean it's simple how a normal person would communicate. Express you want to cut your hair off to your partner... Gauge response of partner... Make decision based on that, whether they like it or not and deal with consequences. In hindsight make different, and preferably better, decisions in future and before you know it you are a better person.

There is so much information missing in her post that you can't even respond to it seriously:

Is this even a question or a statement that her boyfriend hasn't accepted her because of short hair. Truth is it's pretty clear it's the straw that broke the camels back. I could rephrase that question/statement to something like this.

Am I smart for cutting my hair off to see if my boyfriend loved me enough to support my drunken choices?

I just the OP has some growing to do as a person and has to be honest with herself.
>>
>>17777259
>I just the OP has some growing to do as a person and has to be honest with herself.

I just think*
>>
>>17774455
He broke up with you because you impulsively and drunkenly made a drastic (in his mind) decision.

He's just reasoning "If she's crazy enough to cut off all her hair while drunk, what else could she do?"

Not saying he's right, but he's not wrong either.
>>
>>17774455
Honestly?
You are free to do what you want with your body.
BUT that doesn't mean you are free from any consequences.

If I got a face tattoo tomorrow I couldn't be annoyed if I was fired from my job, I couldn't be upset if my wife wasn't happy or my mother said it was stupid.
Shaving, grooming, body mods and tattoos are things you don't change on an impulse, especially not when you are drinking or on drugs.

Get a wig and beg for your partner's forgiveness, take advantage of owning different wigs if you can and come off as a bimbo, and don't expect him to like you with short hair.
I dumped gfs when I was younger because they cut their hair (from mid back length to a bob), some guys like feminine looking women, that means long hair. No, that isn't being controlling, it's considering your situation.

I'm not going to try and be a white knight and tell you that you are in the right, because you aren't. If you are going to make stupid decisions like that you probably aren't worth dating to start with.
>>
>>17774455
>I'm freshly single. I've always wanted to try shaving my head, and about a week ago I was pretty heavily drunk, and it gave me the courage to just hack all my hair off. It was very impulsive, but I've always wished I had the courage to just do it. Literally the moment my bf saw it, he blew up on me, saying how ridiculous it is that I'd do that without even checking with him.
my sides. good for him he wasn't cucked enough to stick around after something like that
>>
>>17774455
>ow much control should your bf/gf/wife/husband have over your fashion choices or things you do with your body

Unlesss he/she owns you like some puppy, then none at all.

I want to preserve their uniqueness but
If I see a slutty outift, and it is a slutty outifit, I will call it out.

If i see you bald, as new look, I would roast you for a couple of days, maybe call you Amber Rosem but I wouldn't tell you to how to dress/style your hair.
>>
>>17774455

It's your choice to do what you want with your body.

And it's his choice to find revulsion in a fucking stupid, masculine haircut and to dump you for any reason, especially one this inconsiderate and moronic.

You know why women don't go bald very often? Most men find it completely unattractive.

Go bald if you want, but unless you've got a face and body like the girl in your pic, enjoy having greatly increased difficulty finding a man.
>>
>>17774455
Your boyfriend of course won't like it.

I cut my long hair short and my bf cheated on me for the first time. Now I would never cut my hair except to trim it.
>>
>>17774455
>pretty heavily drunk, and it gave me the courage to just hack all my hair off. It was very impulsive

OP's words and this would be what tells me more about her than having no hair. How many other things she wants to do or has a whim to do and she gets drunk and does it. No way anyone would know what to expect from her by the hour. I want to fuck my coworker, done, I have a work project due but want to go shopping, fuck off work, I want to speed through a school zone, I want to scream fuck you in a theater, etc. OP is trying to make this only about an ex bf but any type of relationship or social interaction might require some restraint and is not diminishing your quality of life. However if you want to be a rebel you are free to do so and tell everyone to go to hell and think this for OP is a protest but an in your face protest and a demand she be noticed.
>>
Why would you leave someone over a haircut? If you don't continue to find them attractive after changing nothing but their hairstyle then were you really, truly attracted to them in the first place? My boyfriend gets a buzz cut when he feels like it's time to trim his hair and while I don't think it suits him at all, I still love him after he gets it trimmed because it's just his fucking hair man. He's more comfortable with it like that so he's happy. If he's happy, I'm happy. I can understand if your partner changed their body to something a bit more potentially permanent (like I don't know, deciding they're going to gain 400lbs for no reason) but hair grows back. There's more to a person than just their hair.
>>
>>17774464
Dunno about this. Getting drunk and making rash decisions is never healthy for a relationship. Nothing in a relationship happens in a vacuum either, so it sounds like shit was going south and this was the straw that broke the camels back. Like most breakups, both partners played a role in it and I don't think saying "he should have supported you and your rash impulsive decision you made while drunk" is healthy for anyone's mindset. Does he have control over OP's body? Of course no. But he sorta does have a vested interest in her and her outward appearance, and so OP should have had more consideration for him.
>>
>>17777846
>Go bald if you want, but unless you've got a face and body like the girl in your pic, enjoy having greatly increased difficulty finding a man.
the girl in the op pic looks very off-putting anyway
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.