[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /adv/ I need some technical help. I might have gone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: pFU7mou.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pFU7mou.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
Alright /adv/ I need some technical help. I might have gone to /g/ but I don't really wanna risk getting banned for making a request there. I just bought a NW-700 Condenser Microphone and a Logitech HD Pro C920 Webcam to make videos (interested in politics and am considering a youtube channel just as a pet project). I am having a hard time finding good software for recording (editing is no problem), and the one freeware program that I am using (free-screencast.com) is just giving me shitty quality. Fuzzy background noise from the microphone, and the video is being delivered at what looks like 480p in 4:3. What software should I use for recording and how should I set it up to make the most out of the mic and cam that I have?

pic unrelated
>>
MODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
NAH JK THO
>>
>>17773855
thank you for the bump even if that isn't advice
>>
bumping for halp
>>
bomp
>>
>>17773851
Honestly I'd help you, but it's clear you don't know what you're doing and explaining what you're doing wrong will take a lot of text (back and forth) and doing that for free just isn't very appealing

I would like to assume you have Google'd
"What software should I use for recording video and audio"
and If you haven't even put in that small amount of effort, then I'm gonna have to charge you, plain and simple
>>
>>17774118
I'm a smart guy and I'll catch on quickly, but I don't know any of the technical stuff about video/audio technology. I tried googling "best video recording software", "best webcam recording software", "basic recording software" etc, but half of this is screen recording software, which I quite frankly don't need at all. I've tried two so far, OBS Studio and Free Screencast. OBS cannot detect my webcam, for some reason, and there is no "Select video device" option anywhere in settings. I got screencast to work but I already elaborated on the problems I have with it. Just a few tips in the right direction would be helpful, otherwise I'll ask you what you would want for help with this stuff.
>>
>>17774152
Alright, first problem is your software

Also need to know what operating system you're using

since you got a Logitech HD Pro C920 Webcam it should have come with a CD with software and/or drivers
Id the CD only had the driver on it you'd need to go to Logitech's website and download it
Give Logitech's software a try

and it should be noted that this model of camera has a built in microphone, so you may actually be recording audio from the camera, rather than the microphone you got
>>
>>17774197
also if the picture in you first post was taken with the web cam you just bought, then that's really bad

The logitech camera you got is capable of taking a much better picture
>>
>>17774197
I just double-checked: it did not come with a CD. I'm downloading the Logitech software now. And I made sure I had my new mic set up as the default audio input.

>>17774211
Just a mildly amusing pic I had saved, not mine.
>>
>>17774226
you get working yet?
>>
>>17774314
Yeah, downloaded it and got it working. Are you saying I should just use the Logitech software to record with?
>>
File: simple.png (33KB, 778x585px) Image search: [Google]
simple.png
33KB, 778x585px
>>17774381
as long as it does everything you need it to do
>>
File: 1466546397878.png (575KB, 519x551px) Image search: [Google]
1466546397878.png
575KB, 519x551px
>>17774399
That's easier than I expected... Thanks for your help. Have one of my rare pepes
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.