[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/ I'm currently applying as a game tester for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Bronson.jpg (118KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Bronson.jpg
118KB, 1400x700px
Hello /adv/ I'm currently applying as a game tester for a big company, and they want me to do an analysis of any game I like in 500 words. Have any of you guys done something like this? It's so free I'm not sure I'm doing it right.
>>
Just look up some professional ones? Cover lots of aspects. If you want to look up the spec for BTEC IT (UK version), the Games Design module, this is basically half the coursework.
>>
>>17773289
I will do that, thank you!
>>
i hope you know what you're getting into anon. it is mostly common knowledge within the gaming industry but just in case, you will be spending hours and hours, days upon days, weeks, months.. playing the same level over and over and over and over.
>>
File: 1374892_o.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1374892_o.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>17773396
I do, and I believe I have the patience for it (or so I hope) Like in almost every job, the driving force is money, but I might as well put to use my gaming experience while I'm at it.
>>
500 words sounds pretty short for an analysis, so I guess they're only doing it to sort out the retards without having to interview them. Many companies do that with entry-level jobs.

So don't try to sound smarter than you are, focus on not sounding like an idiot. I haven't had much interaction with videogames companies, but I think you should focus on the technical part and be as objective as possible. So don't make a review, don't talk about your experience, don't use first person. Try to talk about some technical parts, like game mechanics, level design and so on so they can see that you have an actual interest in videogames and you understand what goes on beyond the screen and keyboard.

Also use one of the games made by that company if you have any that you played extensively and enjoyed. It's just common courtesy. No one is going to expect you to do it if it's a company that hasn't released many popular games, but if it's, let's say Blizzard you should use one of their games.

And as some anon above me implied game testing is a pretty shitty job. A step above call center. Low paid, repetitive, mind-numbing and offers very little career opportunities. I suggest you learn something else related to the industry if you go this path, like coding, 3d modeling etc. so you can eventually branch out. You don't want to be a game tester 5 years from now.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.