[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every time someone assumes that I did something with cruel intent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Every time someone assumes that I did something with cruel intent it makes me very angry and I end up becoming very cruel to them. Im not an angry person. I would describe myself and most people would describe me as laid back, talkative, and kind. Hell, In school I got the "most likely to be the peacemaker" award.

I will let someone suffer with thinking that I did something to intentionally hurt them because I feel betrayed by their assertion that I would do such a thing.

Its a scenario of "You think I'm crazy? Oh I'll show you crazy" or something to that extent. I almost immediately feel like the person has no trust or faith in me as a person to not do something that would intentionally spite them and that feeling of them not trusting me makes me angry and cruel.

Is this a normal thing? Is there a name for this? Why do I get really mean to people when they incorrectly assume that I was being mean to them?
>>
File: tumblr_nrr1vijTJj1rpaylno1_400.jpg (92KB, 397x223px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrr1vijTJj1rpaylno1_400.jpg
92KB, 397x223px
It's actually very close to the whole old "YOU DARE INSULT MY HONOR?! HAVE AT YOU SIR!" trope as well.
>>
>>17773004
you need to accept the fact that people can interpret your actions in the wrong way because they can't read your fucking mind
then you need to confront your anger and realize it's useless - the angrier you get, the more you'll convince people you actually are a bad person.
You might become abusive towards potential relationship partners if they have paranoid tendencies - and trust me it won't help them.
Get help if you can't do it alone.
>>
>>17773100
How am I supposed to know whats going to hurt their feelings if I cant read their mind either?
>>
>>17773110
you're not.
But you have to accept that their feelings are hurt.
>>
>>17773114
I can accept their feelings are hurt but then my mind goes on a rant about "Really? THIS is what upset you and you arent even going to try to clarify if I did or did not hurt you on purpose? Why not just ask me 'hey man did you mean to hurt my feelings?" Thats what I always do when someone upsets me and there is a single sliver of a chance they didnt do it on purpose.

I feel like letting people explain themselves is very important. Why does no one ever ask for clarification?
>>
>>17773129
>Why does no one ever ask for clarification?
OH BOY you don't know how much I agree with you on that one.

Doesn't change the fact that you're only antagonize people further if you keep doing what you're doing...
>>
>>17773155
going to antagonize*
>>
>>17773155
>>17773159
Dont get me wrong, I'm honestly concerned I might kill someone else or myself over one of these scenarios if it turned out bad enough.
>>
>>17773129
I know what you're saying because my GF did this shit all the fucking time. No matter what I did or said she would take it as an insult or in a "OMG THIS IS SO OFFENSIVE HOW COULD YOU THINK I WOULD DO SUCH A THING."

Like, say, she said she had a headache and took some aspirin. We were talking on the computer and then I asked when she wanted to skype and she told me "When the aspirin kicks in" I said ok, we texted for a little bit long and then she disappeared.

The next morning I asked "Hey, where did you go? You just disappeared. Did you like, go hang out with friends or something?" and of course... she got FURIOUS at me saying " YOU ALWAYS THINK I'M FUCKING CHEATING OMG" (turns out that yes, she was cheating that night but whatever)

I have no solution. Drove me insane.
>>
>>17773188
then you have no other choice but to get rid of this automatic response.
People can be dumb doesn't mean you have to kill them over such a small thing
>>
>>17773205
Well shit nigger what do? See a psychiatrist or become a buddhist monk?
>>
>>17773211
both can help though I believe you don't need them
. You need to realize you're not justified in your anger, and then really feel your anger, and thenn make it disappear.
Or, meditation. Your choice.
>>
>>17773217
Neither of those really work in actual practice. How much supposed to meditate if the other person is also angry at me? This could be in the middle of an argument.
>>
>>17773248
Worked for me. Meditation helps in the long run, not just when you do it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.