[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long story short; I hate my situation right now and want to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1342082220126.jpg (7KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
1342082220126.jpg
7KB, 242x208px
Long story short; I hate my situation right now and want to make a drastic change otherwise I'm gonna hang myself.

I'm 23 and have no friends, no loved ones, no job, a shitty apartment, little ambition and can barely function as a human being.
I'm looking for something to take me away from where I currently am and to put me on a better path.

So far I'm looking at joining the military, teaching English abroad or joining some kind of co-op.

Teaching English abroad sounds like my best bet so far, the only downside I can see is that you need to be outgoing to do the job well which would be draining. Also I could get shafted and end up teaching some place hours away from where I'm situated.

If I joined the military I'd be looking to get into the intelligence side of things because frankly physical activity ain't my strong suit. Even then I'm sure you'd be expected to maintain some level of fitness so this option is at the bottom of my list.

As for a co-op, there's no standards or regulatory body so it's a crap shoot whether I could live in one long term, assuming I could even find one that suits me as a person.

Please give me some suggestions on other ways to escape a shitty situation/advice on the ones I've mentioned.

tl;dr - Hate my life, need suggestions which will take me away from where I am and push me forward in life.
>>
>>17772363
The problem with running away is that when you get where you're going, you're still you.

Change yourself and then move, not the other way around.
>>
>>17772364
You're right but I feel like my current environment is stopping me from changing.
I'm very unhappy but still comfortable enough to stay and stagnate.
>>
All military service requires physical fitness, whether or not you're going to West Point or BCT. That said, you could probably use some more of that in your life.

I'd recommend starting your own co-op/ESOP over joining one. No need to care about regulatory bodies then.
>>
>>17772363

>i have no options
>yet i have demands

lol
>>
>>17772363
I think it's a great idea to move aboard and teach English. All of my English teachers post-high school are native speakers. Just make sure you know a minimum the language of the country you're going to live in or get to a semi-English speaking country like in the north of Europe or so.
>>
I'm in the same boat. 23, dead end job, failed ambitions etc etc.

I've been applying for remote, decent paying jobs that will allow me to put a good pay check away each week. Offtime I'd be bettering myself with healthy hobbies. Start looking for options.
>>
I'm assuming that you live in the US and just getting educated in, i don't know something, isn't an option. Start playing online or smth and try to get some friends through that, and see what happens?

damn, thinking about stuff makes me realize how much of my life is affected by sheer luck and by being in the right place at the right time.
>>
Any suggestions on other ways of starting over some place new?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.