[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /advisors. What's the best way to reset a sleep schedule?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1479144092695.jpg (69KB, 494x275px) Image search: [Google]
1479144092695.jpg
69KB, 494x275px
Hey /advisors.

What's the best way to reset a sleep schedule?

I worked a third shift job, but I got promoted to first shift managment. There isn't any downtime between the shift change, so I need an quick way to reprogram my internal clock to wake up at 7am effectively, because normally that was around when I went to sleep.

inb4 melatonin: It doesn't do anything to me
inb4 alarm: I undestand that this will wake me up, but I'm looking for a way to get a restful sleep and not be groggy as fuck when I wake up.
>>
>>17772320

Man, if you don't have the time to make the change and drugs won't work, then just go to work half-sleep this one time and then get working on it.
>>
dubba dose of nyquil, set your alarm, and then you'll be good for the rest for the rest of the week naturally. Just go to bed at a normal time after you get off work that first shift.
>>
bump for interest
>>
If melatonin ain't helping, take rivotril once. Do not keep taking it, cuz it's not meant for that, but it sure will help you out.
I used to do that a lot because I was a drugged mother fucker who went to rave parties and I couldn't sleep after, so I took rivotril to be able to. It kept my sleeping schedule ok.

A non-medicinal way is to use meditation. There are many types that induce deep relaxation and from that to sleeping is pretty easy.
One type good for that is just to lie down on ur bed and start shfting ur focus to your left big toe, and then ur left foot, and leg... and so on, and then ur right side, and so on... Try to keep ur focus for five seconds only on the feeling that comes from the body part. That'll relax you enough.
>>
>>17772339
OP's not going to be able to obtain klonopin without a doctor's prescription... or the streets, and we don't know how much of a social autist he is.

Doxylamine is the most powerful OTC sleep aid in the United States, and while NyQuil does contain some I prefer taking the straight form because of interplay with APAP.
>>
Go to your PCP tell him the situation and ask for a week's worth of a real sleeping pill, not OTC melatonin and benadryl. tell him they don't work.
>>
>>17772365
unisom is just as bad as benadryl or melatonin in my opinon. at first it's just enough to get the job done. quickly you have to triple that to get sleep and not long no matter how many I down I don't fall asleep just get that really groggy RLS shit where my mind is falling asleep but my body is wide awake.
>>
>>17772373
All sleeping pills are not meant to be used every single day. Benzodiazepines will not save you from this one, and enjoy your addiction + prospective withdrawal seizures if you do decide to go down such a route.

Try chamomile tea.
>>
>>17772320
melatonin?
>>
>>17772381
that's why you take them as prescribed and only for short periods of time before you slowly ween off. I've myself done this before for sleeping issues. you get very mild benzos for it and you are prescribed to take them everyday. you only get seizures when you are an addict overdosing and you run out way early and no GABA can be produced.

same thing happens when people come off antidepressants that even more so than benzos they are forced to take everyday to build up an effect. they release the serotonin your brain is low making you depressed so your brain sees serotonin is coming in from another source and begins to produce even less. well when that happens and you abruptly quit talking them your left with no serotonin and start getting "brain zaps" and seizures as your brain is desperately trying to trickle out its on serotonin now.

also pretty sure you mean post acute withdrawal not perspective withdrawl. I suppose perspective makes since but the actual term is post acute withdrawal syndrome when dealing with coming off a substance like those.
>>
A night cap worked for me. I was used to sleeping at 4 am then I had to wake up at 4 for a new job
>>
>>17772320
>>17772320
it's gonna take at least 2 weeks to get used to it. Just make sure to let people know you will be jet lagged until you adjust to your new schedule.

I would recommend taking some zzzquil or sleep aid for the first week and then caffeine during the actual shifts so you aren't a zombie. If you have any PTO it might be worth it to cash it in and use some 4 day weekends plus holiday to make the transition a little easier.

You gonna be zonked af no matter what just communicate that to others. [spoiler]hope you got a nice raise with that management position[/spoiler]
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.