[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting to worry about my schooling. I think I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

I'm starting to worry about my schooling.

I think I'm actually close to getting dangerously behind in my studies. I've been having an impossible time paying attention in class or while I've been working on assignments. The only reason it's hitting me now is because I've simply been too fucking miserable to notice or care. It's really starting to hit me now am I'm too fucking petrified with fear to figure out how I can solve this.

I'm not at my best. I'm unmotivated, distracted and unbelievably confused. How am I supposed to be successful.

If I do manage to pull of a pass with this semester it's definately gonna be mostly 60s.

What do I do
>>
Think about what will come if you have good grades, thats what i do.
>>
Firstly and most importantly, talk to whatever teachers/tutors about your situation. Make it clear that you've fallen behind, and that you want to do your best to catch up, just generally make it known to them. Teachers/tutors will just assume that you're fine unless you clearly state a problem. They might not have a solution, but we're all better knowing that someone is having a hard time rather than assuming they're just being lazy.

So, secondly, I'd find out about some sort of counselling that might be available in your place of education. It's worth it and will help you in the long run.

Thirdly, a lot of people have periods like this, so it's rather normal. It's a time in your life when other issues do come up and block you, importantly you can grow and move past it. You may have to accept that your grades won't be super high- but passing (or getting 60) is your target now; to be honest if you pass it's great.

Despite your fear about failing, stop focusing on what's wrong and focus on what you can do. You have a good amount of pressure that will help you get a surprising amount of work done. Look after yourself, that means eat right, drink right, take breaks and small amounts of exercise, spend time with friends, while working harder. Just limit it a bit because you got a lot of pressure.

For what it's worth, I wrote my 10,000 word dissertation in the two weeks before the deadline and achieved the highest grade for it. I felt quite similarly to you.

Tl;dr - make your problem known to relevant people and get support, work your arse off and improve for next time round. Have a chocolate bar or something if you feel overworked.
>>
>>17772141
Funnily enough this isn't the first time this has happened this semester. I already went through the process around midterm time because I found myself in a similar situation. I was surprised with how understanding and helpful the teachers are. In all honesty my biggest worry is that they'll be like, "you're having these issues again???"

I know it's silly, and my anxiety is just making me think about the worst case scenario.

I started counselling the beginning of the semester. It's been helpful and I'm noticing small improvements in my life thanks to his help. Due to a scheduling issues we had its been a while since I've seen him. He said he'd let me know if any cancelations came up so he could get me in sooner but none have come up. Our next appointment is at the end of the month well after most of my assignments I'm worried about are due.

Yeah, after talking to people about my issues I realize how I'm really not alone with my problems. I try my best not to beat myself up about them, but I do, often desu.

I'm not overly worried about failing most of my classes desu. Despite some difficulties I've been doing well enough that I don't have any real legitimate fear of failing them.

I just have one class that I'm really worried about. My C++ class. I didn't do well on the first assignment (90% sure I passed, but not by much. Got a 60 if I'm lucky). And kind bombed my midterm (I'm not sure if I even passed it, best mark I can see myself getting it a 55%). So me passing is really dependant on these two end of the semester projects and the final and right now I'm fucking it hard.

Cont.
>>
>>17772141
Believe me, I've surprised myself in what I can do in a short amount of time too. But those were in times when I found an unreal amount of drive and motivation.

I haven't had any of that lately. I've been unmotivated and depressed since this semester started. I've struggled with them since highschool but they were always manageable. I've made some sad realizations about my life and my shortcomings and it's left me feeling unfulfilled. There's so much life I've felt like I should be experiencing but I haven't because I don't have the confidence or social skills to do so. It's left me feeling distraught, distracted, confused and miserable, making it impossible for me to focus on what I should be.

I don't know why I feel unfulfilled. I should be finding fulfillment in my schooling shouldn't I? Knowing how important it is to my future. I should be excited to learn this shit shouldn't I? It's been bugging me. Does this mean I chose a program that isn't really for me? Could it just mean my depression is distracting me from truly feeling passionate about it? I don't know and it's confusing.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.