[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been told that >People know when they look good,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: NFZUnheb.jpg (12KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
NFZUnheb.jpg
12KB, 242x242px
I've been told that

>People know when they look good, they don't have to seek validation from random people online. That's why good looking people have such confidence: they've been treated like royalty their whole lives.

Is it true? I don't think all good looking people are confident, also what if someone just recently became good looking
t. Validation seeker from random people online
>>
I have ~100 8-10/10 matches on tinder so i guess im good looking. But my self confidense is SHIT
>>
>>17771763
Yeah man I got lots of success on tinder too and people on /soc/ always called me really handsome or even a chad, and until recently I was pretty sure I was good looking. But I'm afraid I don't look as good in real life. I mean I don't use Photoshop, filters or MySpace angles (though I did take the photos slightly from below mostly) but I look my best in these photos and also you can't see the fact that my head is comparably small and narrow in pictures. Well I hope I'm still attractive, just slightly less than I thought.
>>
>>17771772
If people say you're good looking all the time, it means you are good looking. Maybe you need to get laid with a hottie to be sure?
>>
>>17771757
Most people these days are horribly narcissistic and insecure, especially the good looking ones. Just go to soc and look at the rate threads. It's a bunch of attractive people looking for more validation to ease their insecurities.
>>
>>17771888
I do wonder where did everything go so wrong in this timeline
>>
>>17771898
http://freakonomics.com/podcast/trust-me/

worth a listen to if you're interested in the topic.
>>
>>17771881
This isn't true. Women who are good looking get told they are good looking. Men don't get shit. Men are expected to know for themselves. That assumption leads those without confidence to feel left out and to be less confident and feed the loop of poor self esteem leading to less potential comments that might validate them.
>>
File: gif40.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
gif40.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>17771898
I know I'm going to sound like a really old fart when I say this, but I think it all went downhill during the advent of Facebook. Mark Zuckerberg practically made a service where it's obligatory to share your whole life online, and the even scarier fact is that employers encourage you to share that kind of thing to them before you get hired. With that happening, people are really getting more and more pressured to show off everything they have in life.
It feels like Facebook is a way for someone to have their own online reality show where they selectively showcase parts of their lives as an ego boost.
>>
>>17771757
I get told that a lot, myself being a guy.
That said, I have bad confidence because My life isn't going as well as I would like (career-wise) also I'm fairly sure I'm not model-tier or a woman, so it's not like I can live off my looks alone.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.