[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I improve my life overall? I have a ton of problems,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1342996558264.jpg (146KB, 728x690px) Image search: [Google]
1342996558264.jpg
146KB, 728x690px
How do I improve my life overall?

I have a ton of problems, both minor and major, that have made my life stagnant but I fail to have the true motivation or will power to take steps to truly improve myself. Whats worse is that I really have no one to really talk to about it. I do see a therapist on a weekly basis but he can only do so much and has so far not been able to do much.

I feel like the biggest hurdles are:
No one to really help me or coach me in taking care of my issues

Lack of motivation due to pessimism/fear to kick my own ass and force myself to change

Is there some kind of service or program or self help book that would help me be able to solve my problems
>>
>>17771332
What about your life do you want to improve? List them, both the minor and majors.
>>
Same here man, though I started trying to fix my problems.

Got my mental health checked out and am now drinking medicine + know whats wrong with me.

Trying to get back on track with my college classes (hopefully I wont get kicked out) this is my first day of trying.

Started chatting with girls for the first time in years.

For me, the key thing was to think really hard about my life and what needs fixing, making a list of stuff I need to do, figure out and just doing them one by one.

I believe in you OP. Even though I just took the very first steps to a better life, it's better than nothing. If a loser like me can get off his ass and start making changes, so can you!
>>
>>17771337

No friends since high school. Mostly likely due to social phobia

Never had a girlfriend or so much as a date for same reasons

shit part time job, can't seem to land an interview to get a better job. Not even sure if my field (Information Technology) is even really a good fit for me

Due to shit employment can't afford to move out of my parents house and get my own place or room with someone

Various psychological hang ups (such as the social phobia) that get in my way of accomplishment anything listed above

Improve physical fitness. This is probably the least troubling thing as I am not even overweight but could definitely use more exercise to improve my physique. I do go to the gym at least twice a week but I haven't seen much improvement
>>
>>17771332
There are two important things in life
Food and friends

First, cook your own food from "scratch"
Buy some meat and cook it
Make a meal
It feels good

Secondly, find a person you can talk to
It'll change your lfie
Just someone you can talk shit to
I go the gym with mine
While we're pushing weights, we talk
And it makes a difference

Friends and food
That's life
That's all it will ever be
>>
>>17771401

You problems are minor and all fixable. Relax. Go to the gym 3 times a week and eat better. Go to /fit/ and read the sticky.
>>
>>17771428
>You problems are minor and all fixable.

Maybe in the the grand scheme of things but to me they're not. I'm already thirty two and I am in an only slightly better place then when I was 22. Time is running out for me and I don't know how to fix things or why I can't motivate myself to find a solution
>>
>>17771438
Im 32 also and live at home. I had a job as a night stocker and cashier about two years ago but I got burned out. I have decided I probably wont be having kids.
>>
>>17771452
im not>>17771428
I was just commenting that im kind of in the same place.
>>
>>17771424
Wiser words have never been spoken.

But it should be true friends though.

Its not the quantity of friends that matter, but the quality.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.