[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I'm depressed. I struggle to shave and shower properly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1448315575258.jpg (100KB, 736x754px) Image search: [Google]
1448315575258.jpg
100KB, 736x754px
Guys I'm depressed. I struggle to shave and shower properly a lot of the time and I sleep 12 hours a day and I'm getting fat because I cant get up the will power to exercise or walk anywhere. I'm on antidepressants but I don't feel happy, although I'm not as depressed as I was. How do I cope? Are there truly happy people out there? If so how do I become one?
>>
are there any people out there who were depressed like me that are making it happen?
>>
Take solace in the small things
Growing out of of a depression is like rolling up a shallow hill
It gets easier as it goes

Take one day and buy some good food
And then cook a good meal while listening to music

It grows on itself
Do small things for yourself and it's like a snowball rolling down hill
>>
No one's 100% happy or satisfied with their life..
When I was in your place I would just find stuff to fill my time and also maybe get passionate about them.
Get a job, go to the gym, start playing an instrument, meet new friends.
Don't even think about doing this all in once or even in a year, it's something you so gradually and eventually the bad thoughts will vanish since you're so busy and content with what you do.
Good luck
>>
>>17771364
thank you for the advice.
>>
>>17771372
thanks
>>
>>17771374
You can do it
It starts in small steps

I got out of depression that way
Cooking is a good thing
But I also used to go read every other day under a tree.
It's almost winter now, but you should still try to appreciate nature

The small things, yeah?
Cooking and reading in a peaceful place
>>
File: andy.jpg (133KB, 615x818px) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133KB, 615x818px
>>17771323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c
at 25:40 is little meditation , try it
>>
>>17771395
thanks
>>
>>17771395
I guess I cant copy text now.
>>
>>17771404
nevermind I got it.
>>
>>17771395
he's a good monk and teacher , i like his books and talks .
jon kabat-zin is cool too.
>>
>>17771430
Have you heard of asmr? I search some of the videos on it in YouTube and use it to relax sometimes.
>>
>>17771323
>>17771353

In my very first depressive episode, I had my very kind gf to help me. Therapy was shit, because my therapist was a dumbass with a 2 week degree. SSRI (i took sertraline) was the most help along with my gf for support.

Fast forward 3 years, and my gf left me due to the non-stop problems I faced in life. I now have nothing left, no job, kicked out of school, moved back in with dad, no friends etc.

I was the same as you at first when I arrived here, then on top of it all grandpa committed suicide a few days before I was supposed to visit him for the first time in years. A week later I learned my ex gf of many years had been dating someone new for months and didn't tell me, and lead me on.

With those on top, I became unable to sleep, or eat. I was breaking down crying about every half hour. But years of SSRIs made me fat, and my hair got way thinner. So I was dedicated not to go back on it.

What helped me this time was massive amounts of exercise. I didn't want to at first, but the pain forced me to do something to replace it. I work out 6 days a week, and it's the only thing keeping me fairly ok. Needless to say, it is still much much better than I was two-three weeks ago.

As well, coming here to post anonymously helps.
>>
>>17771476
I live with my parents and am on an ssri (citalopram) Im kind of scared to go off of it even though im fat. Somehow I need to get up the will to work out or do some walking or something or im going to get diabetes or die of a heart attack. Sorry to hear about your grandpa.
>>
>>17771526
I mean I hope I don't get diabetes or have a heart attack but I just cant see myself exercising. I walked around the block today but its not enough.
>>
>>17771526
I found walking didn't do me any good. It just gave me a chance to think more, ruminate about everything that is painful to me and depresses me.

I started out by doing interval runs at 9am when cortisol levels are highest (former med student) and ruminations are worst. Generally by 1700 (2nd time in day cortisol is highest) I get ruminative again, and I run again. It really helps, doing it with music.

Then I signed up to a gym, and now I go 6 days a week. It really gets my mind off things.

I would suggest try a run when the ruminations are really getting to you. Walk really fast for 10 mins to warm up, then run as fast as you can for ~30 secs, catch your breath while walking fast, as soon as you're ready do it again. Do this for 40-60 mins. Best advice I can give you.
>>
>>17771539
thanks for the advice. A month or two ago I tried running at 5 am for about every other day. I think it helped my mood some after I was done but I ended up dreading it and quit after a few days.
>>
>>17771554
I literally could not get any sleep, despite being so tired. All these thoughts and ruminations spiraling in my head tortured me, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. In my first depression only SSRIs helped me to be able to sleep when this happened.

So I ran knowing that only that would tire me enough to get some rest, sleep without thoughts/dreams.

Exercise, alongside endorphins (endogenous morphine lol) also releases serotonin. Legit freshly made serotonin, not just used and not uptaken stale serotonin from the SSRI. Plus, I have absolutely nothing else to do. And what else to better deal with some of the pain (like the ex gf) but do something that will in the make me more attractive as well? :)
>>
>>17771323
As a fellow non medicated but diagnosed depressed anon I can say that anti depressants aren't "happy" pills. They just make you feel normal and able to function. If you feel like you can't function you may need different medication. As for the exercise thing. I can relate since I find exercise only makes things worse for me not better so maybe we can both find a solution here.
>>
>>17771566
I ruminate on stuff and get depressed although you sound like your in rougher shape than me. I hope things get better for you.
>>
>>17771576
I think part of my problem is anti depressants wont help me completely because I'm depressed over certain circumstances that I cant really change instead of just a chemical imbalance in m head which was also part of it.
>>
good night guys I think im going to get some rest thanks for the advice.
>>
>>17771589
>>17771630
Thank you. Hope you feel better anon.

Give your kik if you ever need to talk, I wanna do psychiatry once my shit with school (hopefully) gets sorted to prevent other from facing the same pain and horrible treatment following my depression.
>>
>>17771610
That's the exact reason I am not medicating.
Though I've been told it can help using anti depressants to get you into a space where you can resolve your other issues through alternate means.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.