[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've recently been falsely accused of sexual assault

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 1

File: 06-198381.jpg (122KB, 800x527px)
06-198381.jpg
122KB, 800x527px
So I've recently been falsely accused of sexual assault at college. Basically me and this friend hooked up in consensual manner (and even texting me later thanking me for a good night and not taking things too far and respecting her boundaries). About three weeks ago I get a note from the Title XI guy saying that she has accused me of raping her. The hearing is in about two weeks, and my attorney says that it is most likely going to happen in my favor.

Although I know I have done nothing wrong in this scenario and know that things are going to turn out okay, this doesn't delve away from how this has affected me emotionally and made my depression act up and my PTSD to relapse. I am seeing a counselor for this, but has left me really unmotivated and left me suicidal.

Basically, once this is over and the case is dismissed, is there any next step to take in regards to legal action? My close friends tell me I should sue or report her for false policy accusations, and I'm wondering if this is a step I should take.
>>
>>17770461
>and even texting me later thanking me for a good night and not taking things too far and respecting her boundaries
Dude if you still have that message on your phone, you're home free. Why would she do this? What is she thinking?
>>
>>17770461
Please tell me you still have that text OP. If you do you're golden.
>>
>>17770461
Accept that you are getting kicked out and prepare yourself to sue the school
>>
>>17770494
I do, and have taken screenshots and given it to investigators. That part I'm not worried about.

>>17770485
I have my assumptions and lots of ideas of why she would do this. This is also in her character according to an ex-boyfriend of hers.

Any idea of how to retaliate this?
>>
>>17770510
>Any idea of how to retaliate this?
Ask your lawyer retard, not random retards online.
>>
>>17770510
Has she actually reported you to the police, is she trying to press charges? Or is she handling this through campus administration?

At the very least you should try to get her expelled so she can't put another guy through this bullshit. If she actually takes it to court and lies under oath, then she's a criminal.
>>
>>17770525
This is just through campus administration. Not sure if going to the police is gonna be worth anything.
>>
If this affects you in any monetary way you can sue for defamation. You need to prove that the statement was false, she knew it was false when she made it, that she made it intentionally to harm you, and you were harmed financially as a result.
>>
>>17770642
Define monetary way?
>>
>>17770653
If you have to drop a class she's in because you can't be successful with her there, you can get her to pay for it. If that results in a loss of your scholarship, she'll pay for that too. Ask yr lawyer.
>>
>>17770668
I've had to drop some classes because of taking time off due to mental problems arisen from this. Not sure if that would count for anything, however.
>>
holy shit getting title 9'd is truly a fate worse than death.
>>
>>17770461
Be prepared that there is a chance your reputation may be ruined because of this bitch...
>>
What a fucking bitch man, women always do bullshit like this. Do you know her motive?
>>
>>17770461
counter sue for defamation & slander. i hope you kept your txt messages. that basically proves your side of the story
>>
>>17770741
No, don't worry, I've already noticed the Facebook friends number going down and people not looking at me the same anymore.

>>17770745
There's multiple things that could show it. My main theory is that she regrets it. I won't deny that she may feel like this, but regret and rape are not the same.
>>
>>17770769
Exactly mate, she is a fucking bitch.
>>
>>17770713
Mental anguish, emotional toll, etc etc
>>
>>17770769
>she regrets it
then why would she send you a text the next day saying "thanks for a great night?"
>>
>>17770461

Was there alcohol or drugs involved?

Were you at her place or yours?

Who was the last person to see you two together?

Did you stay the night?

Did she change her mind in the middle of sex?

If so what happened after that?

Mate... run through all the details of the night in your head and write it all down like a journal. Make a FAQ. You will want to study this because if police are involved they will grill you and repeat questions over and over trying to find variations in your retelling of the story. If you are incredibly detailed and incredibly consistent you will probably be okay.
>>
Ask the college admin for a copy of her report, for your case.

Make posters out of the screenshots and her report, not only proving your innocence, but warning other men to avoid her like she's the goddamn plague. Post them in the men's bathrooms.

Seriously, as a dude, I'd want to be warned in advance that a girl has pulled shit like that before so I could avoid her. You'd be doing a public service.

Bitches like that need there own lists to be put on.
>>
>>17770461

You are not telling the whole story. Women false reporting rape over regret is so exceedingly rare that it almost only exists in the delusional fantasies of MRA's trying to raise righteous indignation in their base.

I don't believe you.

In fact, even if the story is real, I am almost positive you omitted some extremely damning information on your conduct and the way you carried yourself.
>>
>>17770913
This is some well-written multi-layered b8 anon, you should make yourself a tripcode and do this professionally. I see you nigga
>>
>>17770913
this anon gets it. the overwhelming majority of rape reports are not false.
>>
>>17770913
Just because it's rare, doesn't mean it doesn't happen
>>
>>17770942
ergo de facto, it is impossible for a woman to falsely accuse a man of rape, and we might as well just not even have trials anymore
>>
>>17770925
I concur with your assessment of the situation.
>>
>>17770955
that isn't what i'm saying at all, anon. by all means, have trials. hopefully they are unbiased enough for the truth to come out (because we all know how court systems have a 100% accuracy), i truly hope so. i was just saying that i don't believe OP. doesn't make sense. but what i do/don't believe has nothing to do with whether or not people should/shouldn't have trials for shit.

>>17770954
yes, nobody said it doesn't happen. of course it happens. just like female on male rapes - they don't happen often, but they happen (see: my abusive gf of 3 years).

but you should always be sceptical of something with extremely low odds, especially when you receive no evidence apart from some nerd on the internet making a thread on /adv/. which isn't evidence.

y'all are so ready to jump all over the place when some man says a woman is falsely accusing him of rape. so ready to believe him.

when a woman says a man raped her, you are just as quick to jump up and down saying she deserved it, should be responsible for her actions, doing it for attention, regret, etc.
>>
>>17770913
My reason for coming here was not to tell the whole story. Past everything, I came here to ask about retaliation. Whether you believe me or not is up to you.
>>
>>17770461
You could sue her for liable and false accusations. Did she make this public that she's accusing you of rape?
>>
>>17771006
>came here to ask about retaliation

yeah, you sure sound like a real upstanding guy. plotting your revenge, on a girl you may or may not have raped, with the assistance of basement dwellers on one of the most notorious websites on the internet.
>>
Tripfagging about being falsely accused of rape? Wanting advice for "revenge?"

This is a bait thread if I've ever seen one. Move along, folks.
>>
>>17771022
Against a girl who may or may not lied about this "rape". He's likely asking about legal repercussions.
>>
>>17770913
>rare

not rare to me when I see hundreds of news articles on false rape charges and videos of innocent men being accused including police officers while recording the whole incident.
>>
>>17770761
Basically this.

Problem is OP, it's kinda hard to get anything for "emotional damages" because it's hard to decide what monetary value "fixes" that. You can argue for the cost of the therapy or something, but people have this misconception that they can sue for "emotional damages" and decide whatever amount they think their own egos are worth. They're repaying you for something, you have to have receipts to tell the judge how much this "emotional damage" is actually worth.

Basically if you think you're going to sue her for free money, you're not. But if you're suing her for the money you spent on therapy because she fucked you up, or the cost of classes you had to drop due to hostility, or something else specific like that you'll have a better shot.
>>
>>17771051
>hundreds
even if this wasn't a figure you pulled out of your ass
>hundreds, compared to literally hundreds of thousands of rapes that happen every year

my man, do you know what rare means?

>not rare to me
>to me
oh, sorry. didn't realise words changed meaning depending on who is listening to them. kind of like the word "no" amirite :^)
>>
>>17771088
sorry, to clarify, the figure he pulled out of his ass is hundreds of articles that he personally has seen.
i am aware how many false rape accusations there are.

but claiming to personally see hundreds of articles is a bit far fetched, unless this guy was actually looking up these articles - in which case the statistic means nothing. if i wanted to, i could see hundreds of articles claiming that the earth is flat. the people that believe this are still rare.
>>
>>17770510
>I have my assumptions and lots of ideas of why she would do this. This is also in her character according to an ex-boyfriend of hers.

Would he make a nice character reference for her being a crackpot. Ask your lawyer. Maybe she'll accuse him of sexual assault too.
>>
>>17770913
Asshurt soc jus can't handle that SOMEWHERE in the world, a woman is petty enough to sink someone's life over entirely superficial reasons.

It's like you cannot admit wrongdoing exists if the perpetrator has a vagina.
>>
>>17771123
not him but saying something is rare, and thus being sceptical of it, does not imply they believe it doesn't happen. it literally implies that they do believe it happens. but. it's. rare.

do any of u read
>>
>>17771022
Give the basement dwellers a little more credit, nobody has suggested any kind of vindictive revenge scheme, the only advice he's gotten is "talk to your lawyer and let the proper authorities handle this"
>>
>>17771133

referring back to >>17770913

>I don't believe you (OP).

>does not imply they believe it doesn't happen

>I don't believe you.

>does not imply they believe it doesn't happen

Are you drunk or just retarded?
>>
>>17770510

Be careful man. Your case is great but don't get cocky. Mike Tyson did not take his case serious and ended up losing.

Keep multiple copies of those texts and ask your lawyer to get as many witnesses as they can on your behalf.

At this point it just comes down to $. After you can sue her for damages. If she has no money it's not really worth it.
>>
>>17770913

Not sure what rock you have been living under but I saw a few false rape accusations in HS and college. It absolutely does happen.
>>
>>17771144
? not believing one person doesn't mean they don't believe it happens? this has to be bait, right?

your leaps in logic lack.. logic
>>
>>17771152
holy shit what is with everyone assuming that >>17770913 is saying "FALSE RAPE DOESNT HAPPEN"

they literally say that it is EXCEEDINGLY RARE. something being rare implies that it fucking exists. i am leaving now because nobody seems to understand the word rare.
>>
>>17770913
>>17771000
>>17771088
According to most of the credible reports and studies that I'm aware of, the percentage of rape accusations that are false hovers somewhere between 5-8%, with the occasional lowball estimate putting it between 2% and 4%. Obviously this is hard to study and the number almost certainly varies by community/jurisdiction, but that's the data we have.

~5% of all reports is a minority to be sure, but it's still 1 in 20. That's NOT "so exceedingly rare that it exists only in the delusional fantasies of MRAs", and it makes your claim that the OP must have "omitted some extremely damaging information" pretty out-of-line and unjustifiable.

I certainly agree that people, in general but especially on here, are far too ready to hem and haw and say things like "well, that wasn't really rape, exactly" or "well, that's a borderline case ..." or "she brought it on herself." Similarly they are far too quick to conclude that an accusation was false, and most are unaware of (or unwilling to believe) how fucking many women are raped.

But you're overreaching, especially with that first post. I get it. Seriously, I do. But you're overreaching, and that does nothing but further muddy some already-very-murky waters.
>>
>>17771158

Well let me take it a step further then. Id say its not very rare.

Its about as common as false accusations of theft.
>>
>>17771171

> a study of false rape cases

Dude put on your thinking cap. No study could possibly determine the real ratio and it is obvious why not.
>>
>>17771180
So -- we should do what, exactly? Go off of anecdotal evidence? Throw up our hands and make up a number? I freely admitted in that post how difficult this was to study. That's why the figures I gave are *estimates.* But it's an imperfect world and we have to work with the imperfect data we've got. And the data we've got suggests that false reports are in the minority BY FAR, but not vanishingly rare. If you can do better, I'd sure like to know how.
>>
>>17771171
the first guy saying the thing about MRAs wasn't me btw. he was exaggerating, but you did misquote him. he said "that it *almost* only exists in the delusional fantasies of MRAs". key word is almost.

but yes. first post guy was exaggerating. i was just arguing about semantics mostly.

i thought i made it obvious that that wasn't me by not using any capital letters or 100% proper punctuation, but i guess not everyone pays attention to writing style.

>>17771175
>compares something rare with something else thats rare
ok :^)
>>
>>17770913
Relatively subtle bait, I see you've done this before, well done.
>>
>>17771205
Fair point, though I don't think the word 'almost' really changes the sense of his post that much, given everything else he wrote.

I literally have to analyze people's writing styles all day for my job, so to be honest I'm not sure how I failed to notice your very different posting style. Egg on my face for that, good thing these boards are anonymous.
>>
>>17771217
you remind me of my housemate - particularly the way you write in >>17771171 and >>17771202
i've always considered him to be 1000% weird and quirky (myself, i am only about 200%), so it's always interesting to see him in other people. anyway time to go back to work. i'm not being paid to be on 4chan :^)
>>
>>17770461
Counter sue her. You can and should do it. Charge for therapy sessions as well after you win. Stop letting rape accusers get away with this shit.
>>
>>17770913
>Women false reporting rape over regret is so exceedingly rare
Do you have any statistics that give facts of the situation more than she said it happened.
>>
>>17771088
I don't feel like spoon feeding you but if you look online you will find many news articles on false rape but here is one of a girl who falsely accused her own father of rape. also you will find many more on youtube of innocent men recording the whole incident

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/fifty-shades-of-grey-50-shades-false-rape-claim-false-accusation-incest-rape-a7189786.html
>>
Dont argue with anyone who says only 8% of rapes are false. This is a completely illogical statement. The statistic only means 8% are proven false. Aka that 8% of guys had an alibi or something. This does not mean that the other 92% were actually rape. The could actually have been false rape claims as well.
This article articulates what Im saying
>http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/416536/how-common-are-false-rape-charges-really-jason-richwine
Only 35% of rape cases are true. 10% are false. the other 55% can be argued from either side. So dont pretend like women arent lying because only 10% are proven liars.
>>
>>17771304
>citing national review
That might get you points on /pol/, but practically anywhere else, you're not going to get taken seriously.

You're flat-out wrong about the 8%/etc figure consisting only of cases that are proven false. Most of those studies lump "unfounded" reports together with reports that are conclusively proven to be false, and rape is usually a very hard crime to produce evidence for. "There's no evidence, probably not enough here for an arrest and certainly not enough to bring the case to trial, but ... we don't know it DIDN'T happen" cases are grouped in with the ones where she outright admitted she was lying or there was conclusive proof etc.
>>
>>17771333
>You're flat-out wrong about the 8%
You didnt even read the article. The 8% number is a myth. The actual study was of a college and it literally states what was what.
>Most of those studies lump "unfounded" reports together with reports that are conclusively proven to be false
This is 100% absolutely false. Most rape cases are thrown out of court. This is a well known obvious fact and its so painful that you trying to bullshit this argument. Though Im doing exactly what I just said not to. Anyone like you is a waste of time and not worth debating.
>>
Holy crap guys, all I wanted to know is whether or not this person deserves to be expelled or not and if I should go forward with doing so.
>>
>>17771338
Are you actually under the impression that the 2-8% figure came from one fucking study? That's what happens when you try to post about something when all you know about it came from one article on a news site almost universally considered to be a joke. Do yourself a favor, scope out the wiki article for "false rape accusations," it links a whole bunch of studies on this, then actually follow through and see what people have written about about those studies, how they've been criticized and defended, and in the process you'll probably have occasion to read about the handful of prominent studies NOT linked to in the article. Then you'll be ready to discuss this.

And get off /pol/, it's an echo chamber and it's rotting your brain.
>>
>>17771369
>I dont have a single article or study to back up my claim
I bet you are the person who thinks the fbi gets involved in rape cases that arent stranger rape. Come back when you have an argument with sources and facts to back up what you are saying.
>>
>>17771349
Of course she should. False rape accusation is a serious crime and you should go public with it and let everyone at the school know. She might look for another victim.
>>
>>17771373
I pointed you to an entire article full of them, you idiot.
>>
>>17771377
No you never did. Back up your claims. I am very interested in your claim that the 8% includes the ones deemed inconclusive. Show me that one in particular.
>>
>>17771392
>I am very interested in your claim that the 8% includes the ones deemed inconclusive. Show me that one in particular.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/1996/96sec2.pdf

Happy reading. CTRL+F for "unfounded," and then go look up what it takes for an accusation to be deemed 'unfounded' and how that differs from 'proven false.' That report is from '96, it's the one everybody links; so far as I know they haven't published the rate of cases deemed 'unfounded' for any of the years since then, although it's possible they're hiding somewhere online.

The '96 FBI report, of course, is not the last word on false rape accusations. There've been many studies done on this, some good, some bad. That's why "2-8%" is such a broad range; because it's an aggregate figure, with many studies behind it. Few of those studies limited themselves to "the case was investigated and it was conclusively determined that a rape did not take place," for the obvious reason that it's just as hard to prove that something WASN'T rape as it is to prove that it WAS (and it's very hard).
>>
>>17770461
Ask your fucking lawyer. That's their job to know this shit
>>
>>17771443
That is not the claim I asked you to back up. You also used the fbi statistic which is funny.
>>
>>17771456
In case you are two stupid to understand why Im mocking you for the fbi one. Its because I already stated the fbi looks into stranger rape. Itd probably be named someone thing like violent rape or something in the article. Secondly glanced at it and it said it threw out all cases that werent conclusive from the statistic. Which is literally the exact opposite of what you claim.
Show me where they include those cases and its only 2%.
Its unlikely anyone would lie in a case of stranger rape. But thats not what most rape entails. Back up your claim anon.
>>
>>17771146
No, instead sue her family, take them to the fucking cleaners and let that shit serve as an example. Not only will her family fall into poverty because of the BS of their offspring, but she will be disowned completely, left to rot in the cold.
>>
Do everything in your power to make that bitch pay (within the confines of the law ofc). If I were in your position after being cleared up I would make sure everyone knows that she was the one making shit up via status on social media and stuff, but it would only work after you've been found not guilty.

Any idea why she made this up though?
>>
>>17771483
The reason most women do this shit is to get away with infidelity or for reputation purposes.

By saying she was raped, she garners sympathy rather than disdain and ostracization.
>>
>>17771456
>That is not the claim I asked you to back up.
It literally is.

>Secondly glanced at it and it said it threw out all cases that werent conclusive from the statistic
It consists of cases listed by the police etc as "unfounded." Look up the circumstances under which cases (especially but not exclusively sexual assault cases) can be and are marked unfounded. No, not the official definition of the term -- I'm talking about how police departments across the nation actually fucking work.

As for the rest of your post, I'm more than aware of how the FBI defines rape (or rather how it defined rape -- it expanded its definition a few years ago, it no longer limits itself to forcible rape) -- and to be clear, "forcible rape" and "stranger rape" are not synonymous. Why do you think I wrote a paragraph about how the FBI's report was but one of many? For the sheer thrill of talking to you?
>>
>>17771494
>Most of those studies lump "unfounded" reports together with reports that are conclusively proven to be false
You literally are lying and its really funny
>>
>accusing of rape 3 weeks later

This whole story stinks like week-old fish.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.