[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm supposed to meet a young woman from OkCupid on Saturday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: asingleman2.jpg (30KB, 400x267px)
asingleman2.jpg
30KB, 400x267px
I'm supposed to meet a young woman from OkCupid on Saturday night for drinks. We'd been messaging on and off for a few weeks. She'd waited awhile to respond to me so I didn't take it too seriously, but sent her a message back just in case. The lady took awhile again, but eventually we'd been messaging for awhile. I asked her to a comedy show. She didn't respond until a few days after it passed and offered me her phone number. A few messages before she'd given me her name.

We've sent each other text messages since then. Usually one or two long ones per 24 hours. Yesterday was the first time she hadn't texted me since we exchanged numbers, but we sent each other two long text messages today. They tend to be pretty big.

I'm worried that she's not interested. She doesn't go on OkCupid very often and says she's not a big user of social media, but I wonder if she's trying to get a free drink out of me or if she's bored and wants a quick hookup.

Should I prepare for a let down? Both of us are in our late 20's. We're not old, but we're not young either. I don't want to waste my time on casual dates with no prospect of a long-lasting relationship.

What do you think?
>>
>>17770404
Littering and...littering and...littering and...
>>
>>17770404
it makes sense it took her forever to answer you via OKCupid. If she was pulling that shit via text, I'd say she isn't into you. But she gave you her #, I think she's interested.

As far as if she's just in it for drinks or a quick fuck- it really depends on the actual messages themselves and her personality. You're giving us VERY little to go on here.
>>
>>17770527
Her profile says she prefers to have sex after one or two dates.

She texted me once, maybe twice, per day up until yesterday when there were no texts. Then today I responded to her texts faster than normal, aka within an hour, and we've gone back and forth a couple times. Most of the text messages have been about what she's studying, our tastes in reading, local stuff and where we're meeting Saturday. It's hard to discern her personality without meeting her, but through writing she seems laid back, chill and down to earth.
>>
>>17770556
>Her profile says she prefers to have sex after one or two dates.
what......... is this a thing??? I thought there was just an option for 'casual, long term, just friends' type shit..... that seems really specific and weird. And like I'm signing a contract or something haha
>>
>>17770556
Anyway, I think you're worrying too much. there's no way to tell whether or not you're going to get played. Expect the worst, hope for the best, and give someone without any obvious red flags the benefit of the doubt.

Dating... it sucks man. People can be pretty shitty. But they can be a good time too.
>>
>>17770404

Walk in with no expectations, just looking to enjoy your self and have a good time.

I'm also in my late 20's and gaving done dozens of online dates (the majority of them from OkCupid even) and actually having found a relationship from it (which I guess means I've succeeded. Been together almost 2 years now), there is absolutely no reason to read heavily in to anyone profile or online conversations because there is absolutely NO WAY you can get a solid read from it.

The ONLY thing that matters is that you get along in person. Even if you get along amazingly online, it is absolutely no guarantee that will translate.

So don't over-hype yourself. Just go out to meet her. See what happens.
>>
>>17770560
It's one of the questions.

>>17770566
What are red flags for women over 25?

>>17770572
Most of the time I've found it translates for me. If we get along online, we mesh in person.

Nicely done with the two year relationships, by the way.
>>
File: JbPGdZa.png (328KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
JbPGdZa.png
328KB, 540x540px
>>17770404
i think you should try to meet her if given the chance. got nothing to lose.

I might meet up with a 38 and possibly a 44 year old. the 44 year old I'm for sure meeting up with and I'm trying for the 38.

Both are super nice women. I wouldn't date both of them at the same time either, I'm just setting myself up for if one fails. Which is likely to happen.

I'm 27 btw. Met one off tinder the other off okcupid.

good luck op. Just keep fucking looking if it doesn't work. All you can do. stay hopeful.
>>
>>17770404
stop overthinking shit and go have fun
>>
>>17770843
>All you can do. stay hopeful.

I guess. Up until recently I'd given up on dating for the past four years after a shitty relationship. At the very least I feel compatible with the current lady on an intellectual level.

>>17770928
I've had "fun" in the past. It didn't work for me. I'm making efforts to be more laid back and less serious, but at a certain point it's in my nature.

She agreed to the meetup. That's worth something at least.
>>
>>17770404
Shit. I might have a cold. I already pushed back the meet up a week. I don't want to cancel again.
>>
>>17771766
>>17771878
I think OP is an impulsive, anxious egomaniac that needs to chill out.
>>
>>17772635
Back from work, fuck you.

Anyone else.
>>
>>17773432
*Anyone else?
>>
>>17770404
I continue bumping.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.