[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High school student, think I cannot afford college. Like the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: clockwork-horror.jpg (118KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
clockwork-horror.jpg
118KB, 1200x720px
High school student, think I cannot afford college.

Like the thousands of others I'm considering the military. I don't want to be thrown in with all of the rednecks and louts, though. I've always been big into reading (I read a book a day) and art, but also mathematics.

What are some intellectually challenging jobs in the military that I could move up? I assume big scale military projects like the manhattan project only pulls the geniuses from around the world
>>
>>17769882
you could be in the reserves, you go to school and ROTC, and youre commissioned as an officer when you graduate.
>>
>>17769882
Just go take the ASVAB IF YOU GET A HIGH SCORE THEY WILL TELL YOU ALL THE SHIT YOU QUALIFY FOR. oops. Caps lock accident. They have the list of all the jobs on the web site, just go look. No combat arms.
>>
>>17769882

like the other anon said, go take the asvab. dont assume you're smart just becuase you were told by your parents that you are smart.

after all you werent smart enough to get a scholarship so you might be a redneck lout :^)

my brother had the exact same mindset as you. thought he was too good for entry level work.

took the asvab. wasnt nearly as smart as he thought.
>>
>>17769936
>all kids who are smart get full rides to college
okay
>>
>>17769972

im not saying they do. but OP didn't get any scholarships at all. he didnt mention them so presumably not even smart enough to apply for them.

all im saying is he hasn't earned the privilege to think 'I DONT DESERVE TO BE THROWN IN WITH THE OTHER ENTRY LEVELS'.

Its tumblr tier entitlement.
>>
>>17769882
assuming you're american go coast guard, there's a much greater degree of cross training than in any of the other branches. A navy sailor might learn absolutely everything there is to know about one cog in a machine while a coast guard sailor will know how the machine works.

for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aunMF8gGi0

I was in the navy, and I enjoyed it but if I could go back and do it over I'd have gone coast guard instead.

As for moving up if you can distinguish yourself there are enlisted to officer programs, they're extremely competitive though so you really have to be the best of the best to get a slot.
>>
>>17770011
This
>>
>>17769882
Just don't go marin crops. There is a very high probability you'll end up in a barracks where the walls and ceilings are black, and it's not paint ;)
>>
File: kSA5fZr.jpg (405KB, 2245x1587px) Image search: [Google]
kSA5fZr.jpg
405KB, 2245x1587px
>>17769882
dude just go to community college for a couple years. go apply for the fafsa right now bruv. you can get help to go to school.

get your assoc and then maybe transfer to a Uni.
>>
I know it's not your fault, our fucked up economy has driven young people to this, but i fucking hate you for wanting to be a military welfare queen.

Eh, at least you aren't being an actual welfare piece of shit.
>>
>>17769882
What would you hope to do with your college degree?
>>
>>17770986
In some cases it actually makes sense to go on welfare. I've heard about people raking in 30,000-40,000 dollars a year. (through different benefits) I don't blame those people though, in a country where a bachelor's degree is the new high school diploma. I don't know how most get by without it.
>>
>>17771016
research, ideally. But a math student who went to xyz community college isn't all that alluring

>>17770986
yeah, I guess it is a bit scummy, but at least I'd serve a purpose
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.