[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in course for motorcycle maintenance (mechanic) >dont

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1477769745256.jpg (237KB, 483x903px) Image search: [Google]
1477769745256.jpg
237KB, 483x903px
>in course for motorcycle maintenance (mechanic)
>dont like motorbikes particulary. They are cool thats all
>only thing i can do atm
>have to be in college
>no friends
>3 hour journey there and back (bus and then walking)
>have to carry ppe (heavy steel toe boots)
>have to carry back back in arms because it's so heavy
>however, get a qualification and skills to work on motorbikes (have no skills atm so it's a step up)
>only work 3 days a week. Although I get home really late on 2 of the days. I have basically a 4 day weekend

On the other hand
>applied for a volunteering position at a charity organisation that's 30m away on bus
>had to beg for the job
>had to gauge a reply out of him
>took about 4 weeks to finally get a phone interview and then my mum actually emailed him (passed the point of caring)
>he actually emailed me back saying he managed to get me an interview
>i don't like how he pissed me about, it would be a factory job where I'd develop no skills, coupled with the fact that my mum had to ask him.
>although my mum went into college with me and embarrassed me there
>no pay, experience in retail tho and a qualification in retail
>could bike to it getting me in shape(when I get a bike)

Please could I get some opinions and advice. Literally have no friends to ask. I'm also behind in college.

What should I do? Should I power through it?
>>
I mean. I wear steel toe boots all the time. Maybe get a motorcycle. You already know how to maintain it, so you'll skip out on a lot of expenses and people will think you're a bit cooler.

I'm not sure what the actual question is tho. Its seems like more of a rant.
>>
>>17769651
You need to make money.
"Do what you love" is mostly bullshit. People don't pay you to do things everybody loves doing. "I don't hate every minute of my job" is what most people go for.
If you are reasonably skilled being a mechanic, keep doing that. Use the money earned to do other things you like, such as charity work, or women.
>>
>>17769651
Steel toe boots are too heavy for you? Are you serious?
>>
>>17769651
why not ware the boots ?
>>
>>17769651
I'd say stick with the college course mate. Having qualifications of any sort is always good. Even if you don't work in a related industry, your NVQ2 (or whatever it is) is proof that you're capable of being educated to a certain standard and developing skills.

The factory job doesn't sound very good, and after the incident with your mum calling him he wouldn't have any respect for you if you did work there, so you'd end up getting walked all over. I hire people as part of my job, and to be honest if someone's mum phoned me about it there's no way I'd hire them. I could just imagine the stream of phonecalls every time there's something she didn't like - "why did little timmy have to wait an extra five minuites for his lunch break?", "why did little timmy have to carry all that heavy timber by himself?", that kind of thing.

That said, she probably did it because she cares about you and wants the best for you. Make the most of your parents whilst they're alive, because they don't last forever.
>>
>>17769762
>>17769674
Did it once. Never again. Walked an hour in them and got blisters all over my feet. They aren't that heavy it's just a strain on my back and carrying them for a long time. But that's just bitching, I can handle that.

>>17769688
Thanks, you are right. I'm being a pussy bitch and need to suck it up. Truth is I've just started it so I don't know anything. But I'll catch up independently. Just the thing is I definitely don't want a life long career in it because I've read that it's low pay and stressful. However, for a part time job it seems great. I'll just buy a book and learn from it on my days off.

Now that I think about it, I'm actually fortunate I have it because at least I'm going to gain a skill I can use to make money. It's way better than retail and nothing.

>>17769674
The question was which one to pick to do full time. But the motorcycle one is logically the best choice I've realised.

>>17769831
Thanks man. It's just I keep fucking up that's why my mum interferes with everything. I'll do this until I go military next year. Least I have a trade to fall back on.
>>
>>17769842
>It's just I keep fucking up that's why my mum interferes with everything.
You'll get the hang of it soon enough mate. When you're young you lack experience so everything seems harder than it really is. As you get older you'll learn to just take it all in your stride.

>I'll do this until I go military next year.
That's a good choice - I'd consider doing it if I was a young lad these days. It's steady work and it's recession-proof, which is really important with the way our economy is (I'm assuming from you using "mum" rather than "mom" that you're also in the UK) at the moment.
>>
>>17769927
american but living in uk. If I was british I would take advantage of the raf and apply for an apprenticeship. I was set on us military next year, but I'm having thoughts that I best get my 3 A levels first before moving. I'd use my 4 day weekends to study for maths and then next year enroll in history or English lit. I'm a dumbfuck right now but I bet if I take it steady I could relearn gcse maths and then a level maths, and maybe further maths. Same with English. History because I'm interested in it.
What do you do if I may ask?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.